Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'm in that camp as well, Patrick, i.e., "quite some time." I squeaked by with mine being the second to last to get here of the first bunch just a month before the poop hit the proverbial fan.

But boy, does my heart go out to all of those stuck in limbo right now. My biggest hope is that all those that could be shipped, were shipped and no one's girl sits out in the elements for "quite some time."

Other than the wait, at least those girls in the plant will be fine so that's a relief for some.

It's just, as you say, Patrick, very sad and scary.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry: I believe the facility is very close to the FRAP.
KB, appreciate your information but are we talking blocks or miles with respect to proximity to the FRAP and are vehicles being driven or transported to this storage facility?

With all due respect this whole scenario sounds very strange to me especially when we are potentially talking about thousands of vehicles to be stored inside and which ones get preference unless this heated facility has unlimited space which I doubt?

Lastly, what do you think prompted this so called decision to store all Mustang/Lincoln vehicles inside especially in light of what the exorbitant cost to Ford would be and when Jim Hackett is being asked to reduce overhead costs in recent times?

If someone can determine an address for this location it would be nice to look at it on Google Earth.:)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Harry: I'm going to let Earl chime in here on the location as he's the one (I THINK) that mentioned it first.

But...I THINK the facility in question was only for 500's and possibly, only for CFTP's with C2 tires, due to the Winter temps. But I can only repeat what I've been told, Harry.

I DO think this place is blocks not miles whereas Penske is about 35-40 miles North as I recall, but I don't know if it now involves other Mustangs and other models.

I've tried looking around the FRAP on Google Earth but I was never able to nail anything down so yep, an address would be most helpful or even a lat long.

PS. Someone posted a photo of 500's lined up on the floor and stacked in a rack recently. Can't imagine that was anywhere but there.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
PS. Someone posted a photo of 500's lined up on the floor and stacked in a rack recently. Can't imagine that was anywhere but there.
That facility has nothing to do with ford. They are a company who works with Ford for various promotions. It was in a thread on here a long time ago.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Any idea how far this heated storage building is away from the assembly plant and suggest that if it is not close to the assembly this would be a logistical nightmare?

Also, do you know if the cars are being transported or driven to this inside storage facility as that might possibly add many miles to our new cars?

When my 2015 GT350 arrived at my dealership in S.C. it had 26 miles on it and I was somewhat surprised at that.

:frown:
The building was located a short distance from the plant and the cars were transported there using the same type of trucks and trailers used for transport to Penske. They did this because the didn't want to put any extra mile on the cars and to protect them during the move. They ran multiple trailers non-stop during day to get it done quickly.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cars being moved to the storage building.

20191116_202113.jpg

20191116_202024.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I recall that photo from a while back. I did a search in vein for it, but in the thread someone knew who they were, I think it was some company in vegas maybe? I cant find the thread. I see that it was Ford performance who tweeted the photo, but I recall it was a separate company. I sure wish I could find that thread.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry: I'm going to let Earl chime in here on the location as he's the one (I THINK) that mentioned it first.

But...I THINK the facility in question was only for 500's and possibly, only for CFTP's with C2 tires, due to the Winter temps. But I can only repeat what I've been told, Harry.

I DO think this place is blocks not miles whereas Penske is about 35-40 miles North as I recall, but I don't know if it now involves other Mustangs and other models.

I've tried looking around the FRAP on Google Earth but I was never able to nail anything down so yep, an address would be most helpful or even a lat long.

KB thanks for the attached information.

So just to be clear the heated storage facility in question is for the 2 seat GT500's only that have the CFTP option and of course the Cup 2 tires therefore are you suggesting that this heated storage facility was initiated based purely on a tire issue?

If that is indeed the case would it not make sense for the FRAP to also store all of the 2 seat R models and the Mustang GT PP Level 2 cars that come with these same Cup two tires as well?

Certainly curious where all of this information has originated with respect to a heated storage facility near the FRAP and is being used to store GT500 cars only?

Just showing cars being transported on some trailers certainly does not confirm anything for many of us enthusiasts that have ordered and are waiting for a GT500 or a GT350/R and would appreciate any further detailed information that is available.

:)

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
KB thanks for the attached information.

So just to be clear the heated storage facility in question is for the 2 seat GT500's only that have the CFTP option and of course the Cup 2 tires therefore are you suggesting that this heated storage facility was initiated based purely on a tire issue?

If that is indeed the case would it not make sense for the FRAP to also store all of the 2 seat R models and the Mustang GT PP Level 2 cars that come with these same Cup two tires as well?

Certainly curious where all of this information has originated with respect to a heated storage facility near the FRAP and is being used to store GT500 cars only?

Just showing cars being transported on some trailers certainly does not confirm anything for many of us enthusiasts that have ordered and are waiting for a GT500 or a GT350/R and would appreciate any further detailed information that is available.

It's kind of a moot point at this time, it looks like they are no longer using the heated building for car storage. I guess the weather warmed up enough that it no longer justified the cost of the building. All the GT500's were stored in the building during the coldest part of the winter, I never checked to see if the GT350's or Mustang PP2 were also included, because this is a GT500 forum and that was all the members here and the other 2 forums cared about.

So everyone's car that has been produced and not been released or at Penske is sitting outside in an open lot at the plant. The cars that have been released or received awaiting shipment are sitting on the lot at Ramp 51 across the street from the plant.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It's kind of a moot point at this time, it looks like they are no longer using the heated building for car storage. I guess the weather warmed up enough that it no longer justified the cost of the building. All the GT500's were stored in the building during the coldest part of the winter, I never checked to see if the GT350's or Mustang PP2 were also included, because this is a GT500 forum and that was all the members here and the other 2 forums cared about.

So everyone's car that has been produced and not been released or at Penske is sitting outside in an open lot at the plant. The cars that have been released or received awaiting shipment are sitting on the lot at Ramp 51 across the street from the plant.
I get that this is a GT500 forum but when another member asked a question earlier about his upcoming 2020 R model it was you who confirmed on an earlier post (#35) that his 2020 R model was safe and sound and was sitting inside therefore it certainly sounded as though you must have checked on the R models as well.

I find it interesting that just yesterday the FRAP was still using a heated storage building for the GT500's and somehow a day later this same building in no longer is use and as I suggested presently all Mustang models would unfortunately be sitting outside in the elements including all R models.

My apologies for intruded in on your GT500 forum with respect to bringing up R models and PP2 Mustangs and won't let that happen again.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
You should go back and re- read post #35. I stand by what I said. His car has not been produced and it is still in production and in the Body Shop on the assembly line, which is inside a building.
Sponsored