Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Interesting. Thats good to know. I wasn't really worried about the CAI, more the larger TB. BUT, its the Mach 1 setup, sooo its available to them anyways.
Not only that - it has been on Bullit stock years back so I was quite certain it will no big deal for them. They have several CAIs / throttle body options in the pull down menus when you order then tune - those are not there but they clearly know how to handle that. Even on the 93 tune that they've sent initially, car ran noticeably better (I went straight from Ford Perfomance one to Lund).
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Not only that - it has been on Bullit stock years back so I was quite certain it will no big deal for them. They have several CAIs / throttle body options in the pull down menus when you order then tune - those are not there but they clearly know how to handle that. Even on the 93 tune that they've sent initially, car ran noticeably better (I went straight from Ford Perfomance one to Lund).
Thanks. I had the Lund on my 2019 and loved it. I assume your just reflashed to stock with the FP handheld, and then used the RTD to upload the Lund?

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Good to know that lund will tune with it. Coulda sworn I read somewhere on here that he wasn't touching ford performance tuned cars

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Is this Tune transferable to another car once installed?

I'll be selling my car and the tune is installed. Can I uninstall it and sell it separately?

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

I'll be selling my car and the tune is installed. Can I uninstall it and sell it separately?
Due to the way Ford Performance has the tune VIN locked to the car it was installed on, it is not possible to transfer the Ford Performance tune after the programming credit is redeemed.

There was a rumor that Lund was able to make a tune for this kit. If this is the case, certainly all the hardware can be sold and installed, but the Lund programmer and tune would need to be used and if you don't have the programming device already, this is cost prohibitive. Might as well just buy a new FP tune kit.

It might also be possible to purchase a new credit from Ford Performance but I don't believe anyone has done that.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Champracerj..yes you can ..You would probably better off going back to stock and sailing the Ford performance kit without there tune

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
There was a rumor that Lund was able to make a tune for this kit. If this is the case, certainly all the hardware can be sold and installed, but the Lund programmer and tune would need to be used and if you don't have the programming device already, this is cost prohibitive. Might as well just buy a new FP tune kit.
It's not a rumor - I've had FP package installed and went straight to Lund tune - it's not really that much of a kit - Lund can tune for way more severe modifications and have pull down menu to mulltiple CAIs and throttle bodies to choose from while ordering on their page (plus injectors, intake manifolds and other stuff).

Literally this hardware is hardly relevant from the tuning process, it's standard most basics mods.

The FP tune (engine calibration) is tied to VIN like you've said and can't be transferred. Car can be put to stock for resale (or sold with the tune, but it's 91+ octane gas) but can't recover the money spent on it - like you'e said.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
It's not a rumor - I've had FP package installed and went straight to Lund tune - it's not really that much of a kit - Lund can tune for way more severe modifications and have pull down menu to mulltiple CAIs and throttle bodies to choose from while ordering on their page (plus injectors, intake manifolds and other stuff).

Literally this hardware is hardly relevant from the tuning process, it's standard most basics mods.

The FP tune (engine calibration) is tied to VIN like you've said and can't be transferred. Car can be put to stock for resale (or sold with the tune, but it's 91+ octane gas) but can't recover the money spent on it - like you'e said.
That's good to know! Thanks for confirming.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Married to the vin.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Good to know that lund will tune with it. Coulda sworn I read somewhere on here that he wasn't touching ford performance tuned cars
John had me swap back to OEM, send them the stock file on Friday, and they are working on my tune this week for the FP TB and CAI. I loaded the FP performance tune back in for now. The Bluetooth RTD+ with phone app is pretty darn nice.

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks guys for the quick reply. Since I can't recover the cost of the tune by resale separately, I will include it with the sale of the vehicle. It might be an edge over other GTs for sale.

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
Noticed Boostane was brought up to solve octane requirements for this tune. Another option is VP Octanium Unleaded. It has less mmt than Octainium & Boostane and an added cleaner to keep what’s in it from giving you that orange/rust build up on stuff.

Oilrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Installed this kit last night. Took it out for a quick trip, and definitely noticed it woke the car up down low. It was raining, so couldn't really compare the amount of tire spin on full throttle compared to before. I'll take it out again today, but overall very happy with this kit so far.

I have to say the instructions could have been clearer, and I was a Ford senior master tech for 10 years, so I was already used to how they write their instructions. Clearly the instruction had been revised, as there was a different font used around step 31 or so...

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I wondered why this was getting all darkened.... just realized that it was from the liner and seems to be pressed and digging into to the hood liner over time. Was there some issue a while back that this bracket was cracking?

connector.jpg

hood liner.jpg
Sponsored