Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've made this same comment before and I'll go ahead and say again since it was asked above. I have the 18 base GT manual. No drive modes. The kit made a huge difference for me. This is just from my butt dyno. The kit woke the car up. Plus the growl of the CAI sounds really good inside the cab. As for autos, it seems some didnt get much of a difference. Dont know why though.
I actually can't hear a difference in the sound of the CAI and the stock air box at all.
Sponsored

Reactions: Gbk

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ for me the CAI sounds the best down low, low RPMs. Or at the beginning of a pull.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I've made this same comment before and I'll go ahead and say again since it was asked above. I have the 18 base GT manual. No drive modes. The kit made a huge difference for me. This is just from my butt dyno. The kit woke the car up. Plus the growl of the CAI sounds really good inside the cab. As for autos, it seems some didnt get much of a difference. Dont know why though.
For a base car no drive modes the trans tuning would be beneficial. But that would be true for any of the tuning options out there.

The drive modes are like having multiple tunes pre loaded.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I read that in a previous comments. I guess the trans tuning applies to manual transmissions as well, didnt think it would. But I figured the drive modes, since I didnt have any, the tune did a huge change for me, plus later I plan on going up to 3.73 gears. I also never had a tune before on any car, so I am thinking I am not disappointed because I never had a tune. Any little change I felt.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Are one of your ASE though? Aren't you defeating the purpose of the kit if it's not warrantied ?
Agreed, but you still get a CARB Sticker...

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thats what I needed to hear...the growl from the CAI.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah that's true good point.

BTW, where in AZ are you located. Graduated from Cortez High School in Phoenix but actually grew up in Mesa. Joined the Army and after the Army moved to Los Angeles. After my youngest graduated from High School probably going to move back. Make $150K a year and still have no money at the end of the month. Rent a 2 bdrm Townhome near the beach and its almost $3500 per month.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
BTW, where in AZ are you located. Graduated from Cortez High School in Phoenix but actually grew up in Mesa. Joined the Army and after the Army moved to Los Angeles. After my youngest graduated from High School probably going to move back. Make $150K a year and still have no money at the end of the month. Rent a 2 bdrm Townhome near the beach and its almost $3500 per month.
My dad graduated from there too! I'm in Phx, recently moved from Biltmore area down to south mountain. Miss that area but could never afford a new build there. So traded my ancient condo and built a house.

I love so cal. Grew up spending summers in Carlsbad / Oceanside. Would live there in a heart beat if could ever afford it. But to your point, you gotta make 3x what you make here to have comparable standard of living there. But the year round temps there, Pacific breeze, the ability to go surf on a whim. Cruising the pch. But would need to trade in and start build from scratch to be even close to carb compliant :crackup:

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
We had a bunch of Californians move to Texas in the past say 10 years. The cost of living up there plus all the regulations, I dont know how you all do it. Lol. Just please leave you politics in California, we dont pay that down here in Texas lol ;)

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
To follow up on @Lbj question: I stand by my previous comments in this thread. Admittedly, I am driving only once a week or less since I am working from home indefinitely. However, I did drive today, and my comments regarding less rev hang with the 6MT still stand as probably the most underrated and unexpectedly nice part of this tune. Our friend at Engineering Explained on YouTube had a great video on this concept just recently.

Regarding power, by my estimation this tune is most noticeable for 6MT cars and less obvious on A10s since we have fewer gears and spend more time around that 2K +40lb-ft peak. Since it’s gotten hotter now into July, I do “think” I feel some timing being pulled due to higher IATs from a long stop where the CAI has started to get heat soaked. At speed I notice this less and consistently see +10 or so IATs over ambient. The torque bump is nice, though I can’t say I notice a lot of top end improvement, and Ford didn’t advertise this as such. At best, I may notice a cumulative improvement in acceleration, subjectively, since power under the curve is higher.

Looking back on my choice to get this tune, I can say that I wish I had tried E85 even though it’s harder to get here; a 93 flex tune would have been great to try. However, I am not able to say whether other tunes would improve rev hang which was a severely frustrating aspect of the stock tune to me. Not that I bought this tune for that effect, as Ford doesn’t advertise this tune as “fixing” rev hang for 6MT cars, but it’s a nice side effect of this tune. If I could get E85 power and this fixed version of rev hang, that’s probably the ideal NA tune to me. Maybe if I get bored I’ll try an E85 tune in the future to see what other gains are there and whether the aftermarket has learned anything about rev hang from this ford tune. I say this with no knowledge of what aftermarket tunes can do for rev hang, nor what they can do for A10 cars shift tuning.

I’m happy enough with this tune as an “easy button”. If that philosophy appeals to you, then get it. If not, exploring other options such as E85 if it’s available to you are better if you’re looking for the best pure power gains. As always, choices have compromises.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
No we are not. I wasn’t concerned with the warranty. My car gets so few miles with working from home due to COVID and not driving it in the winter. I really just wanted it since I have the FP handling pack for MagneRide. Wanted both calibrations to be Ford Performance. Silly reason, I know. He’s been wanting me to get the FP/Roush supercharger next to install together. Now if I get that someday, it would be worth it to me to have it installed at the dealership for peace of mind.
I’m thinking about getting the magneride handling pack. I hear people say that the sway bar end links get bent or there are popping noises? also that it’s too soft of a suspension pack. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m thinking about getting the handling pack. I hear people say that the sway bar end links get bent or there are popping noises? also

That it’s too soft of a suspension pack. What are your thoughts?
I have the Ford Racing Track Package...love it.
IMG_20200627_160640852~2.jpg
IMG_20200627_160627416~2.jpg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I am starting to see some reviews of this kit on order sites and several say they smooth out and make the A10 more alive and shift smoother and remove stock jerkiness.
Sponsored