Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I have an A10 premium and feel the difference everyday! You will notice the extra low end torque and shift changes. Again, for a daily driver with no plans to do more mods, its a solid tune!
Sponsored

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Here is a question that only the manufacturers would know, but I’ll ask it anyway. Why does the Roush Performance pack come with a CAI And no throttle body and the ford calibration pack come with a throttle body and no CAI. Lol. Which company made the better choice for gains?

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ the new ford kit comes with a throttle body and a CAI..

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I’m thinking about getting the magneride handling pack. I hear people say that the sway bar end links get bent or there are popping noises? also that it’s too soft of a suspension pack. What are your thoughts?
I really like it. No popping noises in mine. The sway bars are two-way adjustable so you can stiffen it up a little if you want. The dealership that installed mine put the front bar in the soft setting (outer mounting hole) and the rear bar in the stiffer setting (inner mounting hole) for some reason. This was a little too harsh for me on bad roads so I had the rear bar adjusted to the softer setting and it’s perfect for me now. Also make sure you get an alignment if you have this kit installed.

As for how it feels, I took a 2 hour each way road trip yesterday in Normal mode and the car felt like a comfy highway cruiser. Sport and Track are stiffer and feel nice around corners. The stock MagneRide calibration didn’t feel quite right to me at times but the FP one that comes with the kit is an improvement in my opinion. I’m sure there are more aggressive setups out there but this kit is great for a street car. I don’t do any track driving so I can’t comment on that.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
After that comment, a commenter said they didnt get the growl sound. But I did. Sounds pretty good IMO.
Is it really a "growl" though? It definitely makes more noise than stock but it's more of a faint "whoosh." Like, it's there, but I'd be hard pressed to use it as a selling point.

For comparison, my old stratus had a k&n filter slapped on, by the previous owner, and made a very loud whistle. My old Mustang had a CAI that ran into the fender and had aluminum piping and also had a loud whistle at part throttle. Both were very satisfying and unmistakable.

I was about to say that maybe my aftermarket exhaust is skewing the sound but, upon typing that up, I remembered my old Mustang was considerably louder. Maybe the hood lining muffles the sound a bit? I'd be curious to see if an aftermarket filter sounds better but I'm a fan of how much better paper is at filtering.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ it's not a whistle for me. It's a low tone growl. So looks like with the tune, every person/car has a different outcome, with performance and sounds.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
^^ it's not a whistle for me. It's a low tone growl. So looks like with the tune, every person/car has a different outcome, with performance and sounds.
There's also the underlying fact that everything perceived is not necessarily reality. It's all an extrapolated reality made, by the squishy bits between out ears, using sensoring input. It always fascinated me how two individuals could experience the exact same thing but both have different, and even conflicting, recounts of it.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ yeah. Could be same sound, just describing it differently.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
My dad graduated from there too! I'm in Phx, recently moved from Biltmore area down to south mountain. Miss that area but could never afford a new build there. So traded my ancient condo and built a house.

I love so cal. Grew up spending summers in Carlsbad / Oceanside. Would live there in a heart beat if could ever afford it. But to your point, you gotta make 3x what you make here to have comparable standard of living there. But the year round temps there, Pacific breeze, the ability to go surf on a whim. Cruising the pch. But would need to trade in and start build from scratch to be even close to carb compliant :crackup:
Your dad is a Cortez Alumni, awesome!! BTW in case you didn't know but Alice Cooper graduated from Cortez High School. I love where I live now, literally .5 mile from the beach. In fact I have lived near the beach since I got out of the Army when I was stationed at Schofield Barracks Hawaii (25th Infantry Division LIght Infantry). I got back home to Phoenix in mid August getting out of the plane at Sky Harbor at 9pm at night and it was still 106. Next day went to go visit my mother who had moved to near UCLA and it was 72deg. F and only 2 miles from the beach. I finished one semester at ASU and moved to Cali. I probably am going to make my way back. As I hate the cost of living here and the politics. They put illegal aliens first before their own citizens and don't get me started on firearm policy. The only thing thats holding me back is my youngest is going to be a junior in High School and I will wait until he finishes, and the heat of summers in Phoenix. Today in El Segundo it is 72 deg F. and with a slight ocean breeze it is just delightful. South Bay in Los Angeles is one of the nicest places to live in the country if you can afford it and you lean heavily left in your politics.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Your dad is a Cortez Alumni, awesome!! BTW in case you didn't know but Alice Cooper graduated from Cortez High School. I love where I live now, literally .5 mile from the beach. In fact I have lived near the beach since I got out of the Army when I was stationed at Schofield Barracks Hawaii (25th Infantry Division LIght Infantry). I got back home to Phoenix in mid August getting out of the plane at Sky Harbor at 9pm at night and it was still 106. Next day went to go visit my mother who had moved to near UCLA and it was 72deg. F and only 2 miles from the beach. I finished one semester at ASU and moved to Cali. I probably am going to make my way back. As I hate the cost of living here and the politics. They put illegal aliens first before their own citizens and don't get me started on firearm policy. The only thing thats holding me back is my youngest is going to be a junior in High School and I will wait until he finishes, and the heat of summers in Phoenix. Today in El Segundo it is 72 deg F. and with a slight ocean breeze it is just delightful. South Bay in Los Angeles is one of the nicest places to live in the country if you can afford it and you lean heavily left in your politics.
Oh trust me I have been reminded of the Alice Cooper thing on multiple occasions :)

Ya the weather is harsh here for 3 months but 9 of them you really cannot complain. Emissions testing here is pretty light, definitely no carb worries. Politics vary by region, just like cali. Depending where you are can swing left or right. Fire arm policy here is super lenient especially after doing away with ccw requirements. Cost of living is creeping up but still nowhere near Cali.

I had to go to El Segunda a few times for work. Not bad, but LA is too far north for my taste. I prefer north of Tijuana but south of LA lol. As long as you are within a couple miles from the coast. Once you go inland 10+ miles you may as well live here for less!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a question that only the manufacturers would know, but I’ll ask it anyway. Why does the Roush Performance pack come with a CAI And no throttle body and the ford calibration pack come with a throttle body and no CAI. Lol. Which company made the better choice for gains?
Some Roush Pac 1 are being sold under 1K now plus free shipping and discounts. which is tempting and you get nicer looking CAI, but have to either cut the cover or just put spacer under the driver side bolt to have it just settle just above the CAI lid. Probably similar gains, FP looks to higher low end tq gain, but Roush dyno shows higher peak?

The interesting thing is the Roush calibration will let you drive with 87 fuel if you somehow had to with of course potential decrease in performance.

I am not sure the FP calibration will let you drive with 87 safely vs. Roush.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Some Roush Pac 1 are being sold under 1K now plus free shipping and discounts. which is tempting and you get nicer looking CAI, but have to either cut the cover or just put spacer under the driver side bolt to have it just settle just above the CAI lid. Probably similar gains, FP looks to higher low end tq gain, but Roush dyno shows higher peak?

The interesting thing is the Roush calibration will let you drive with 87 fuel if you somehow had to with of course potential decrease in performance.

I am not sure the FP calibration will let you drive with 87 safely vs. Roush.
Min calibrated for FP is 91. Would definitely have to question motivation of putting 87 in a performance motivated v8 though.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Min calibrated for FP is 91. Would definitely have to question motivation of putting 87 in a performance motivated v8 though.
I meant if somehow you went to some remote place where 87 was only available, it would not hurt to fill up the tank with 87 with Roush vs FP.
Sponsored