Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The kit comes with some stickers that have the carb compliant numbers on it. I threw those in the trash lol. Do they actually ask you about every aftermarket part to provide proof?
They do in Cali..
Sponsored

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Does this kit have a carb sticker somewhere in the box or on the CAI?

Just curious on how to show at smog stations that it is Carb legal?
The kit comes with a sticker. I just stuck mine on the tube going from the intake to the throttle body. Looks clean.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
They do in Cali..
Yeah especially if they check engine bay, open CAI are easy to spot usually as aftermarket and most are not carb EO

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Yeah especially if they check engine bay, open CAI are easy to spot usually as aftermarket and most are not carb EO
Lordy lordy, I got it made and didn't even know it.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Lordy lordy, I got it made and didn't even know it.
Some creativity can get you a long way as well. My old Mustang wouldn't pass an emissions test so I played hot potato with the title and registered it to a PO box in a town that doesn't require any emissions testing. Of course the DMV wouldn't have approved, but a currency exchange couldn't care less. Never had a problem with it.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I sold my E92 M3 I had a CAI from AFE, it was CARB approved and I lost the sticker. I had to request one from AFE and they sent it to me.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
So I have read all the replies & some time has gone by do you think this performance pack was worth it Is your car running better now That some of you had The time to drive more

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have read all the replies & some time has gone by do you think this performance pack was worth it Is your car running better now That some of you had The time to drive more

I know 2 people who has this package and they are both happy with it. I know a couple of people didn't quite get the results they were expecting but several got really good results. To be honest, if you want to keep your car smog legal and you want to keep some sort of warranty, really only game in town.

Dave

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
It’s not about warranty or price I just thanking of the performance side of it

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
It’s not about warranty or price I just thanking of the performance side of it
Oh performance alone with warranty not a consideration there are definitely better options then.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If warranty and smog aren't a consideration, I would go elsewhere.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I haven’t really noticed a difference in power. The car felt fast before and still feels fast. What is noticeable is the shifting. It’s definitely more aggressive with the automatic. Throttle response is different too. It felt more touchy with the tune and I had to relearn it for the first few drives.

Overall I still think the kit was worth it. My 0-60 improved so it must have made a little difference. Also, I installed this kit with my girlfriend’s Dad. I know he enjoyed the time spent and the beers drank while working on it.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I haven’t really noticed a difference in power. The car felt fast before and still feels fast. What is noticeable is the shifting. It’s definitely more aggressive with the automatic. Throttle response is different too. It felt more touchy with the tune and I had to relearn it for the first few drives.

Overall I still think the kit was worth it. My 0-60 improved so it must have made a little difference. Also, I installed this kit with my girlfriend’s Dad. I know he enjoyed the time spent and the beers drank while working on it.
Are one of your ASE though? Aren't you defeating the purpose of the kit if it's not warrantied ?

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Are one of your ASE though? Aren't you defeating the purpose of the kit if it's not warrantied ?
No we are not. I wasn’t concerned with the warranty. My car gets so few miles with working from home due to COVID and not driving it in the winter. I really just wanted it since I have the FP handling pack for MagneRide. Wanted both calibrations to be Ford Performance. Silly reason, I know. He’s been wanting me to get the FP/Roush supercharger next to install together. Now if I get that someday, it would be worth it to me to have it installed at the dealership for peace of mind.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've made this same comment before and I'll go ahead and say again since it was asked above. I have the 18 base GT manual. No drive modes. The kit made a huge difference for me. This is just from my butt dyno. The kit woke the car up. Plus the growl of the CAI sounds really good inside the cab. As for autos, it seems some didnt get much of a difference. Dont know why though.
Sponsored