Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
The only difference in exhaust I noticed were the subtle pops on high RPM shifts. (stock AE)
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I filled the tank with Costco 91 gas back a few months ago. Ever since I have been hearing knock or pinging around 1500rpm and a little higher. I ran the tank down to 1/2 and filled it with Petro Canada 94 (10% ethanol) the knock was still there. I repeated that again tonight. Down half a tank so I added more of the good 94. I couldn't hear the knock but I had my Procal4 connected and did some data logging. My car still has a very pronounced diesel noise at idle that Ford says is "normal". Now I'm not sure what to make of this... the knock sensors are going crazy. This video I recorded after a long drive on 94 octane. Pulled into my driveway and revved it a few times:

I have a data log in the Procal4 and it shows the knock sensors hitting counts of up to 125 at a few points. Sitting at idle hitting 17 or so. Yet, I can't make out any knocking while I was driving. Timing is all over the place too from 30 to -11. This can't be right, right? False knock? Anyone care to connect the Procal and look at their knock sensor gauges for me?

I will have to make a graph with excel. Procal on the PC would not show a graph.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
So two weeks back on the Ford Tune. The weird stutter in throttle never resurfaced, I dont use Sport mode much, just does so well without. When I do and the car is warmed up, Transmissions behaves well. Zero complaints. About 600 miles of mixed usage.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I'm having mine taken out on September 29th. (It's for sale if someone interested)

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm having mine taken out on September 29th. (It's for sale if someone interested)
These can't really be re-sold/re-used. They are locked to your VIN.

The only thing salvageable is the intake and throttle body, which you can probably get $100-$150 for as spare parts.

Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was wondering about that. Thanks

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I guess we are never going to get your review then?

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Others have said their shifting smoothed out, mine got worse, much worse. Others have said they like the change in the exhaust note, mine got too loud for my liking.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Others have said their shifting smoothed out, mine got worse, much worse. Others have said they like the change in the exhaust note, mine got too loud for my liking.
Good to know

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's the issue with mine especially in normal mode and from 5th to 6th gear. My rpms slightly bounce and its like my car doesnt want to shift into 6th when it should at times. Doesnt happen in any other mode, but sometimes sport sounds like I'm trying to race when taking off from a light. I was going to go back to stock, but still havent done it. I checekd things out in Forscan because I have had a misfire issue before, but I see no issues so has to be the calibration. Even clearing the kam didn't change it.

Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the issue with mine especially in normal mode and from 5th to 6th gear. My rpms slightly bounce and its like my car doesnt want to shift into 6th when it should at times. Doesnt happen in any other mode, but sometimes sport sounds like I'm trying to race when taking off from a light. I was going to go back to stock, but still havent done it. I checekd things out in Forscan because I have had a misfire issue before, but I see no issues so has to be the calibration. Even clearing the kam didn't change it.
My issue is the opposite, in Normal mode it shifts fine, it's in sport mode that it shifts very hard and sometimes it shifts two times ( 3rd to 4th I think) very quickly and jerks.

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack
So these latest issues seem to be happening primarily with the Autos instead of Manuals correct? Just curious

79FStreet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandqcs.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium A10 PP
So these latest issues seem to be happening primarily with the Autos instead of Manuals correct? Just curious
I've been autocrossing my 2020 5.0 GT A10 for the last couple of years. Upshifts were awesome, except for the harsh upshifts in the slaloms. These often caused a lack of traction and lost time. It always seemed to be late downshifting when I needed it.
I installed the kit and noticed an immediate improvement in both upshifts and downshifts. The added low-end torque is an autocross bonus also.
The only issue I had was with the download of the ProCal device file. My antivirus software could not be configured to accept the Ford download for some reason and did not indicate its "virus concern." Once I understood the problem with my anti-virus software, I downloaded the file on computer number three. 12 hours to get the file downloaded and three hours to install everything.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Seems that way. Apparently your exhaust might get little louder , which could be a good thing 😬

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I dont really get the exhaust sound, but I was also modding my exhaust at the time. Normal is defintely better on my Auto with the FP tune. I only use Sport mode rarely now, and its after the car is well warmed up so it behaves nicely. When cold Sport does all kinds of dumb ish with tune or without.
Sponsored