OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Whats up with the 600 rpm idle scratching or scraping sound. Sounds terrible for a four month old car. If they could bump it up 200 rpm more I think it goes away.
Idling is related to emissions and efficiency. Most aftermarket tunes bump the idle.
Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Agent maybe you can shed some light on TSB 150059A.

My check engine light has flashed briefly on 3 occasions while passing other cars under high throttle on the freeway.

I took it into the dealer where they found random misfire codes that according to them were most likely misread by the computer. They said they uploaded new software per TSB 150059A to fix the problem.

It happend again 2 days later under the same circumstances.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I apologize if this is out of place. Please ignore if it is.

My 2016 GT Premium just had the AC go out, .... sort of. Its strange because there are three symptoms that I can't imagine a common cause for. 1. The coolest the air from the vents will get now is (guessing) mid 70s. Not even close to enough to cool the car in 100+ outside temps. 2. Pushing the A/C button turns the red light off but the air is still cooled (70s in 100 weather). 3. The fans still have 7 discernible speeds but the highest speed puts out about as much air as 3 does normally. Fan sound is also what 3 would normally be, with no sound of fans fighting restricted or closed passages.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I apologize if this is out of place. Please ignore if it is.

My 2016 GT Premium just had the AC go out, .... sort of. Its strange because there are three symptoms that I can't imagine a common cause for. 1. The coolest the air from the vents will get now is (guessing) mid 70s. Not even close to enough to cool the car in 100+ outside temps. 2. Pushing the A/C button turns the red light off but the air is still cooled (70s in 100 weather). 3. The fans still have 7 discernible speeds but the highest speed puts out about as much air as 3 does normally. Fan sound is also what 3 would normally be, with no sound of fans fighting restricted or closed passages.
I'm inclined to say it's the module that controls the hvac. You're probably not getting completely open cold completely closed hot on the blend door. Add in the blower motor issues I am convinced it's a body module that's given up. Or possibly the panel. Which I haven't seen happen that often on mustangs

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
In advance thank you for all of this info .

Have you seen anything regarding brake fluid leaks on the Gtpp? I'd say every 4 or 5 months I get a low brake fluid light. Which I then top off the tank which is low. I never had this problem other than typical up keep in regards to brake fluid on any of my cars.

Sponsored

Xcelsior

Threads
Reaction score
Website
bearcats18.enjin.com
First Name
Watson
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ingot Silver EcoBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm dumber than I realize, but I can't find a solution anywhere... Hell, maybe it's "normal noise" for the car, I'm just too new to know it. :p

Agent,
Is there any known 'fix' for reverse gear lockout vibration/noise?
Under heavy acceleration from low RPM, or just at high RPMs, something makes an annoying rattle/grind kind of noise and lifting the reverse gear lockout is the only fix I have found.
Seen a few people start threads regarding it, but they never got responses.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Agent maybe you can shed some light on TSB 150059A.

My check engine light has flashed briefly on 3 occasions while passing other cars under high throttle on the freeway.

I took it into the dealer where they found random misfire codes that according to them were most likely misread by the computer. They said they uploaded new software per TSB 150059A to fix the problem.

It happend again 2 days later under the same circumstances.
I'm curious on this one. Sounds like a malfunctioning ignition driver module. Is your car an ecoboost? Sorry for the late response.

[MENTION=24375]AZ_Ryan[/MENTION]

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
In advance thank you for all of this info .

Have you seen anything regarding brake fluid leaks on the Gtpp? I'd say every 4 or 5 months I get a low brake fluid light. Which I then top off the tank which is low. I never had this problem other than typical up keep in regards to brake fluid on any of my cars.
No problem! Surprisingly no I haven't. However, I have seen failing ABS modules on late model Fords leak internally and eventually give way. If it was a caliper you'd know it and see it right away. If it's elusive and slow, it's quite possibly the module.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Maybe I'm dumber than I realize, but I can't find a solution anywhere... Hell, maybe it's "normal noise" for the car, I'm just too new to know it. :p

Agent,
Is there any known 'fix' for reverse gear lockout vibration/noise?
Under heavy acceleration from low RPM, or just at high RPMs, something makes an annoying rattle/grind kind of noise and lifting the reverse gear lockout is the only fix I have found.
Seen a few people start threads regarding it, but they never got responses.
Probably missing the neoprene washer or it's not seated correctly on the shift lever. I'd be curious to see what the locket mechanism looked like after taking the shifter ball off. It's probably something extremely simple.

OrangeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hey Agent-
I've got a 2015 Ecoboost PP and since day one I've had a creaking noise from the rear of the car. I generally hear it when I go over a speed bump or when I pull into an inclined driveway.

My dealer lubricated the sway bar bushings, but has not been able to figure out the source and frankly doesn't seem to be trying super hard. Any clue to what that might be?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Hey Agent-
I've got a 2015 Ecoboost PP and since day one I've had a creaking noise from the rear of the car. I generally hear it when I go over a speed bump or when I pull into an inclined driveway.

My dealer lubricated the sway bar bushings, but has not been able to figure out the source and frankly doesn't seem to be trying super hard. Any clue to what that might be?
While I completely agree creaking is generally dry bushings, They're probably just looking at the wrong ones. It is possible the suspension preload was not set at the factory or by someone who's worked on it correctly.

Is the noise when the rear of the car compresses or rebounds and moves above its normal ride height?

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'd just like to pop in here again real quick and give a resounding THANK YOU to [MENTION=25081]Agent_S550[/MENTION]. This is really informative and very helpful.

OrangeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
While I completely agree creaking is generally dry bushings, They're probably just looking at the wrong ones. It is possible the suspension preload was not set at the factory or by someone who's worked on it correctly.

Is the noise when the rear of the car compresses or rebounds and moves above its normal ride height?
I generally get the creaking during the rebound for sure. It seems to get a little more noticeable when it's cold outside, or the car has been sitting for a day or two. If I've been driving it all day it doesn't seem to creak much.

I appreciate your help!

Xcelsior

Threads
Reaction score
Website
bearcats18.enjin.com
First Name
Watson
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ingot Silver EcoBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Probably missing the neoprene washer or it's not seated correctly on the shift lever. I'd be curious to see what the locket mechanism looked like after taking the shifter ball off. It's probably something extremely simple.
I've had it at the Dealer a couple times and they say it's nothing worrying, so I've just kinda accepted it. However, if it's potentially something stupidly easy, I'm all about that. :p

Just this view?

Thanks, Agent
WP_20160829_001.jpg
WP_20160829_005.jpg
Sponsored