AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Hi agent,

I was wondering if you knew how to remove the center dash speaker grill? There's this sound that I hear from the left corner of the grill and it happens everyday. The creaking is very annoying because I've fixed all of the other rattles. I don't want to take it to the dealer. When I put pressure on the corner it makes the same sound. Do you think it's from this location and have any fix recommendations? Any help would great. Here's a link to the sound:

Thanks for your help!
From watching the video I'd say the snap peg that's suppose to hold that in place is either broken or the hole it fits into its larger then the peg. That piece shouldn't be moving like that, I checked mine and mines nice and firmly in. But I'll let agent chime in on his thoughts.
Sponsored

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP / Jeep TJ
First off thanks for being here and answering our questions. Gotta low speed squeaking going on in my glove compartment and sometimes the backup camera will not work when backing up. Recently did a tri-ax install. Happens here and there. Never did it stock.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Agent, can you tell what an "SSM 45770" is in Oasis? When I took mine in for the rear camera the work order said "checked Oasis and found SSM45770". Is that some kind of service bulletin?
First off thanks for being here and answering our questions. Gotta low speed squeaking going on in my glove compartment and sometimes the backup camera will not work when backing up. Recently did a tri-ax install. Happens here and there. Never did it stock.

It worked out that you both happened to have a rear camera issue lol. To answer both questions, 15Pony's SSM question is actually pertaining to the backup camera.

SSM 45770 - 2015-2016 Mustang - Inoperative Park Aid Camera, Luggage Compartment Lamp And/Or Poor Satellite Radio Reception
Some 2015 and 2016 Mustangs may experience an inoperative Rear Parking Aid Camera, luggage compartment lamp, and/or poor satellite radio reception. Check the 14A005 wire harness at the right deck lid hinge for damage between the package tray harness retaining clip and the deck lid harness retainer clip. Repair the harness following repair guidelines from section 5-1 of the wiring diagram. If equipped with deck lid mounted satellite antenna, make sure the shielding is wrappedon the antenna wires securely after any repair. Secure the harness ensuring it rolls downward into the trunk area when closing the deck lid and does not becometrapped between the deck lid and the deck lid opening flange. This concern may be accompanied by Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) B115E, C1001, and B1A89.

[MENTION=12582]FusionGT[/MENTION] I would say that it's either a fluke and the above pertains to you, or the reverse position sensor has somehow been disturbed. The squeaky glove box is the first I've heard. Most are upper dash rattles I've dealt with. I would suggest seeing if you can reseat the hinge and glove box assembly on the dash first. A lot of noises in these cars are parts settling and not being seated correctly.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
From watching the video I'd say the snap peg that's suppose to hold that in place is either broken or the hole it fits into its larger then the peg. That piece shouldn't be moving like that, I checked mine and mines nice and firmly in. But I'll let agent chime in on his thoughts.
Thanks for catching this. I don't know why it didn't tell me I had a new post in here when he posted :headbonk:

[MENTION=12918]mustangenthusiast25[/MENTION] I have to agree that it's probably broken. The clip probably was pushed incorrectly in and it sheared or just straight up came off. Foam tape, a new grille, and wrapping the clips will be your best friend.

Just an FYI for everyone, you do have a right as an owner to acquire just the parts under warranty and do the work yourself if you so please. Ford won't pay you to fix your own car, but they will give you the parts. The caveat to this is unless there's a very good service manager involved you will be told otherwise. Ford warranty manual actually has a chapter about this.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Thanks for catching this. I don't know why it didn't tell me I had a new post in here when he posted :headbonk:

Just an FYI for everyone, you do have a right as an owner to acquire just the parts under warranty and do the work yourself if you so please. Ford won't pay you to fix your own car, but they will give you the parts. The caveat to this is unless there's a very good service manager involved you will be told otherwise. Ford warranty manual actually has a chapter about this.
But in that case, if the part goes wrong again, can't Ford than say
You must have damaged it while you was fitting it?
If Ford fit the part, than its all down to them
?
thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
But in that case, if the part goes wrong again, can't Ford than say
You must have damaged it while you was fitting it?
If Ford fit the part, than its all down to them
?
thanks
Its at the discretion of the dealership at that point. I've yet to witness it but I know it's part of their warranty process. Most dealers will tell you otherwise. Tell them to go read the manual lol

BulletprfVest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Magnetic, 6MT
Good news! They finally got back to me about my wheels. They're going to replace all 4 under warranty. I'm going Monday

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Hey Secret Agent Man:

My 'stang is afflicted with what seems to be a common malady on S550's: the front fascia is discernibly higher than the hood behind it. The dealer already tried to address it once with their body shop, but it really didn't fix anything.

Is there a Ford bulletin for this?

Also, is there anything from Ford concerning the back of the hood waving in the breeze at about 70 MPH? I'm wondering if this is actually related to the first one, and if the hood needs to be adjusted :thumbsup:

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium

[MENTION=12918]mustangenthusiast25[/MENTION] I have to agree that it's probably broken. The clip probably was pushed incorrectly in and it sheared or just straight up came off. Foam tape, a new grille, and wrapping the clips will be your best friend.

Do you think the dealership will have a problem with me when they have to remove the ac vents dash since I put felt on the clips to silence it and now its more snug?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Do you think the dealership will have a problem with me when they have to remove the ac vents dash since I put felt on the clips to silence it and now its more snug?
Not at all. Unless you manage to get a premadonna technician who can't handle the fact someone did something out of warranty, it'll get set to the side and not even looked at. As long as you didn't break anything you'll be fine!

Hey Secret Agent Man:

My 'stang is afflicted with what seems to be a common malady on S550's: the front fascia is discernibly higher than the hood behind it. The dealer already tried to address it once with their body shop, but it really didn't fix anything.

Is there a Ford bulletin for this?

Also, is there anything from Ford concerning the back of the hood waving in the breeze at about 70 MPH? I'm wondering if this is actually related to the first one, and if the hood needs to be adjusted :thumbsup:
There is a GSB (general service bulletin) that applies to mustangs and others about panel fitment. They clearly need to adjust the latch and hood stops to get it corrected. It's not terribly difficult. Not sure why they are dragging their feet.

The hood waves because it's so thin. Even my car with proper hood alignment does it some. :frusty:

Good news! They finally got back to me about my wheels. They're going to replace all 4 under warranty. I'm going Monday
Dude thats great! Obviously they have a good warranty clerk and process in place. Ford can be a heart breaker on cosmetic prior approval things sometimes :brokenheart:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are there any docs on how to adjust or fix loose seat leather (front seats)??

I've heard of folks going to the Dealer to have that corrected, but if there is a link or docs to read through, that would be better than a drop off and weeks wait at a Dealer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Are there any docs on how to adjust or fix loose seat leather (front seats)??

I've heard of folks going to the Dealer to have that corrected, but if there is a link or docs to read through, that would be better than a drop off and weeks wait at a Dealer.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ou that's a good one. Send me a PM with your email just in case I find it. They are always too large to post on here.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium

Thanks for the help! I'm taking it in next week to the dealer and hopefully they believe me and replace the grille, without having to take the whole dash apart.:confused:

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Thanks for the help! I'm taking it in next week to the dealer and hopefully they believe me and replace the grille, without having to take the whole dash apart.:confused:
Thats great man. I certainly hope it goes well for you. Most dealers will do as you ask. Just don't push too hard and they will do what you want.
Sponsored