Sponsored

Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
It's going to happen anyway. People like us buy the apex performance vehicles and then the rest falls into place. Ford really doesn't have to cater to a group of people that never will buy this car.

Again, my position is that social media is a valuable tool, however it seems that Ford's marketing seems to feel connected to people like me pertaining to this kind of car. Nothing could be further than the truth. It seems so far through commentary in this thread that there is a disconnect. A neglect? Well maybe not, but a misguided focus of who is who and who is buying these kind of cars.
Like it or not, we're in an all inclusive society these days. I think you need to just acquiesce to the point that Ford's marketing strategy goes beyond the actual buyers of the GT500. The actual buyer of the GT500 does not represent the backbone of Ford sales. For example, as cool as it is to own 1 of 54 2018 Black R's, the key to Ford's survival is selling tens of thousands of ecoboost Mustangs, 5.0's, and V6's. When life for Ford is good at the base of the pyramid then we get GT350/R's and GT500 at the top of the pyramid. The GT350/R and coming GT500 sparks interest in the base of the pyramid. Furthering the Ford Mustang brand, I'm just rollin with it.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I've been noticing over the weeks that you act like you actually know.
I do not know the exact specs but I do know it’s more than 720hp.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You guys are all funny. Annoying? yes, dumb losing buyers? Not a single one.

Now i wait for the below msrp deal in hand buyers that had $100k downpayments and gave up, to quote me and tell me their "true story " that never happened

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
So, the 7 should be filled in tomorrow.

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Yes, and many argue that the whole performance car division of each manufacturer is for the purpose of advancing the brand. However if you are not focusing the marketing of the product you are trying to sell to a particular demographic, then it is neglecting the very apex customer who should be buying the car.

Me and others like me with our kind of buying power should not be neglected.

I have no objection to the use of social media appropriately, but many like me do not fit that demographic.

I am a Ford guy. I belong to a ford family with deep roots in Ford through direct ownership, loyalty, and family who have spent careers at Ford. Don't sell me out to a bunch of millenials.
Unfortunately Tom Ford is so far from figuring out what you are talking about it is ridiculous. I don't think they have a clue who their best customers are.
This teasing Twitter stuff is garbage. I'm with Tom. I don't Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or whatever. If I don't know you I probably don't want to talk to you.
What's next allocations in a Crackerjack box? Unreal.
I'll tell you right now I am as far from a Chevy guy that you will ever find. None of their cars have ever done anything for me but if they release the new mid engine Vet I would be willing to bet it will walk all over the GT500. Their top of the line one will produce numbers better than the Ford GT (And cost way less). Good luck with the ADM's then.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Has to be 770hp.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
While I agree that social media is an important part of marketing... having 700 retweets is pathetic.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don’t understand all the fuss about teasing this out over a few days on social media. You’re going to get the official number on Tuesday regardless so why not have a little fun with it?

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I don’t understand all the fuss about teasing this out over a few days on social media. You’re going to get the official number on Tuesday regardless so why not have a little fun with it?
Exactly, If Tuesday is the release date, then those NOT on social media, would still have to wait until Tuesday. What they tease with prior to, is just smart advertising.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
What's next a 4 digit puzzle to guess the weight? (which for some reason EVERYONE seems to be trying to avoid!) One number without the other is useless!
Funny thing is if this thing actually performs I bet you will be able to get a manual trans (at a later date) for a premium! (ala Porsche!)
For the purist. I'm sure you can find out about it on Twitter! I really think every day that goes by they are really missing the boat!

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
So if Ford was really clever they will continue to fill in the puzzle and unveal 7xx HP....which i guess this game is better than 4 more days of silence....i think.....so after the last puzzle piece is revealed and everyone is either happy or mad at the number and now can sleep at night. There will be 1 more tweet, unexpected, showing the puzzle with the 7xx crossed out in red marker and penciled in with 8xx........Now that would be cool and worth the hole tweeting thing

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So if Ford was really clever they will continue to fill in the puzzle and unveal 7xx HP....which i guess this game is better than 4 more days of silence....i think.....so after the last puzzle piece is revealed and everyone is either happy or mad at the number and now can sleep at night. There will be 1 more tweet, unexpected, showing the puzzle with the 7xx crossed out in red marker and penciled in with 8xx........Now that would be cool and worth the hole tweeting thing
That would be hilarious and soooo smart to do. Give it a day so the real buyers could enjoy it, be happy; haters would get to go on and on about under powered it.. then BAM.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
No more games, please. Let's get on with the show.
Sponsored