Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
See: New house

I know it's difficult for you to read with Ford's lower torso blocking your eyes, but NEW house indicates I upgraded from an OLD house. I didn't need a new house, and if the GT500 would've been good enough, I would've just stuck with it. Since it's a slow, overpriced disappointment, I decided to spend my money elsewhere
Its ok. We all have different priorities in life. However, from the get-go, you were never really going to buy a GT500. Be fair. It has been your mantra all along in these threads.

I can understand your frustration to always putting yourself out of reach of cars like this. "It costs too much", "It weighs too much", "The fit and finish", "The ADM's", etc.... The Boss302, the GT350, the GT500, or any other comparable performance car have passed you buy for whatever reason. What I don't understand is why you hang around these forums and take the position you do and never have a sincere interest in becoming an owner.

You sir have wasted something more valuable than the money you are trying to save. You have wasted your time.

Here's a little entertainment for you

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I should add, the cheeseburger analogy is awful. I don't care how hungry you are, you're an idiot if you pay $300 for a Wendy's cheeseburger when you can get a competitive cheeseburger from McDonalds for $1
Enjoy your McDonalds happy meal car of your choice, Jake from State Farm. :sunglasses:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its ok. We all have different priorities in life. However, from the get-go, you were never really going to buy a GT500. Be fair. It has been your mantra all along in these threads.

I can understand your frustration to always putting yourself out of reach of cars like this. "It costs too much", "It weighs too much", "The fit and finish", "The ADM's", etc.... The Boss302, the GT350, the GT500, or any other comparable performance car have passed you buy for whatever reason. What I don't understand is why you hang around these forums and take the position you do and never have a sincere interest in becoming an owner.

You sir have wasted something more valuable than the money you are trying to save. You have wasted your time.

Here's a little entertainment for you

I wasn't, because everything about this car has disappointed me. I was going to buy a GT350 around 2016MY, but then we started hearing word on the GT500. Held out for that, then the 2018 got released and was damn near as good as the GT350 while costing significantly less and still no word on the GT500, so I went ahead and got that... so it started disappointing before it was even confirmed. Then, Ford dropped the teaser and confirmed it used the previous front end... another disappointment. Then the car came out and was confirmed auto only... another disappointment. Then the price came out significantly above ALL of it's competitors... another disappointment. This car has been nothing but disappointment. So I guess in a way, you're right, I haven't been interested from the get-go. But it's not because I couldn't afford it, as I obviously could. The car has just been a disappointment from the get-go

Boss302 is S197.. been there done that, not a fan
GT500 is S197... see above
GT350... addressed above

I hang around these forums in hope that Ford will see them and look through the sheep that will do everything they can to make sure Ford gets theirs and pay attention to the many disgruntled potential owners who are fleeing Ford just as Ford is fleeing them. Perhaps if Ford can see that people are unhappy that they are using a 5 year old design, a price tag $30k above competitors, sub-par options and amenities, sub-par fit and finish, etc, they'll work to make it better. Let's be honest, would ANYONE here who's buying a GT500 be disappointed if it were $30k cheaper, 3 seconds faster, had a unique rear quarter panel design to fit fatter tires, an option for a more race-oriented suspension, etc?

But don't worry, not wasting much time. I do this as mind-numbing... making you Shelby guys upset that someone dare not kiss the ground old man Shel's name walks on is a great stress reliever

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I hang around these forums in hope that Ford will see them and look through the sheep that will do everything they can to make sure Ford gets theirs and pay attention to the many disgruntled potential owners who are fleeing Ford just as Ford is fleeing them. Perhaps if Ford can see that people are unhappy that they are using a 5 year old design, a price tag $30k above competitors, sub-par options and amenities, sub-par fit and finish, etc, they'll work to make it better. Let's be honest, would ANYONE here who's buying a GT500 be disappointed if it were $30k cheaper, 3 seconds faster, had a unique rear quarter panel design to fit fatter tires, an option for a more race-oriented suspension, etc?

But don't worry, not wasting much time. I do this as mind-numbing... making you Shelby guys upset that someone dare not kiss the ground old man Shel's name walks on is a great stress reliever
So in other words, you have an axe to grind. Jake, you make it easy. I would suggest you stop this nonsense and find something constructive to do with your life. Debate is not your strong point.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I have looked at that and it looks and sounds great. Horrible gas mileage and might be a bit too big for my needs.

I'm looking at the Gladiator too.
We have an '18 RT, with the 5.7L Hemi and for long trips, the gas mileage is actually pretty good, I think what's notable, is it doesn't make any difference if it's the 3 of us, or our normal travel crew of 6 + 6 rollers + backpacks + a HD hitch carrier with two tubs of dive gears and 2 coolers ! Ours has cylinder deactivation, so it rolls along at 22-ish MPG up at 70+, fully loaded and with a 24.5 gal tank, we do St. Augustine to Tavernier in the Keys, one tank, with just under a 1/4 left when we roll in :)

I'm going to put a set of OEM SRT wheels on it later this year, they're a 20x11 so you can run a 295 or 305 which is one reason the SRT looks so good (the RT already has a lowered suspension like the SRT, and now even shares the front fascia and hood).

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
See: New house

I know it's difficult for you to read with Ford's lower torso blocking your eyes, but NEW house indicates I upgraded from an OLD house. I didn't need a new house, and if the GT500 would've been good enough, I would've just stuck with it. Since it's a slow, overpriced disappointment, I decided to spend my money elsewhere

What "2 of the 3" are you even talking about? We've established that the GT500 when all is said and done is just an S550, and there's no reason whatsoever the front end WOULDN'T fit another S550, you posted some BS quote without any kind of source or evidence... still waiting on that one. I have no fucking idea what the second one could be, but it's likely more delusion from you

The "gear numbers" are posted, you inept mongoloid

I assume you spend savings, as the rest of your posts would indicate that your critical thinking skills aren't quite "all there", so you'd be precisely the type of person to save their whole life to blow it all on a depreciating asset that isn't even worth what you're paying up front

I came from the northeast, and it's shitty. I wouldn't step foot within a 50 mile radius of Delaware, home of the poor ghetto trash
I should add, the cheeseburger analogy is awful. I don't care how hungry you are, you're an idiot if you pay $300 for a Wendy's cheeseburger when you can get a competitive cheeseburger from McDonalds for $1
its bad when others are seeing that you truly are about the price. Every analogy is of the lower class/lower income. you car choices are lower income. You argument was from the beginning about value, and then uniqueness. We destroyed those arguments. now its about gearing, in which you have 0 understanding, in both theory or reality, reality is you can NOT know, because the gearing isnt out yet., and in theory, a trans that shifts faster, and less times in the same distance will be faster..

( the link you provided didnt state anything) you thought i wouldn't click? that was a POOR decision my friend.. You've got a loooong history of POOR decisions, even just on this board..

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I'm all about moving on at this point. Can we all be friends?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Is this the Middle East?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
its bad when others are seeing that you truly are about the price. Every analogy is of the lower class/lower income. you car choices are lower income. You argument was from the beginning about value, and then uniqueness. We destroyed those arguments. now its about gearing, in which you have 0 understanding, in both theory or reality, reality is you can NOT know, because the gearing isnt out yet., and in theory, a trans that shifts faster, and less times in the same distance will be faster..

( the link you provided didnt state anything) you thought i wouldn't click? that was a POOR decision my friend.. You've got a loooong history of POOR decisions, even just on this board..
"beginning about value"

This still hasn't been debunked. The car offers less tire and less advanced suspension components than the ZL1 1LE while costing more, and will likely put down slower lap times. Meanwhile, it also offers less horsepower and less tire than the Hellcat Redeye while costing more, and will likely put down slower drag times.

"and then uniqueness'

First off, I never said anything about "uniqueness", as I couldn't give less of a fuck about that. What I DID say is that the DCT is the only thing that is going to be a selling point for this car, to which you responded "the DCT is the uniqueness", thus proving my point

"gearing blah blah blah"

You still have 0 evidence to back your claims. You SWEAR that it'll be faster despite having less 3 underdrive gears with the same final drive ratio and no concrete information to back this claim

However, the link DID have all the information you were looking for. For the Tremec, the same vague "less than 1/10 of a second" shift time that the PDK touts along with the gear ratios which show 4 underdrive and 3 overdrive gears for each configuration. For the 10L90, the "up to 36% faster shifts than the PDK" and the gear ratios that show 7 underdrive gears and 3 overdrive gears. So, with the torque multiplication from the shorter gear ratios, the minimalizing of power loss with the short gear spread, the shorter idle time in between shifts, and the same torque rating, the only way the Tremec is looking any better right now is if they pull off some voodoo magic with some sort of nitrous-fueled hybrid powered mouse running on a wheel inside the transmission.

let's see all this information that you seem to have to prove anything wrong

No, I've been there, this is much worse.
Agreed... depending on where in the middle east you go, it's actually quite excellent, and people aren't nearly as stubborn or moronic as V00D00 over here

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
On paper the Rams should have won the Superbowl.....but we know how that turned out.

I was going to be analytical, but decided on saying this. Lets see what the car can actually do before saying what it will do.
Sponsored