Sponsored

Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
You know I pretty much said the same thing and then deleted it. You are correct. It's all about social media and targeting the millennial crowd. Somehow Ford has miscalculated thier target demographic because I believe people like me and you are the ones with more discressionary spending than the social media addicts.

Case in point, I don't Twitter, Facebook, like, or share and this is my garage.
IMG9500641.jpg
I agree 100%. I was just telling my wife, the guys that are going to buy this car aren't on twitter.. C'mon Ford.
Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I agree 100%. I was just telling my wife, the guys that are going to buy this car aren't on twitter.. C'mon Ford.
And even if they were, they only had like 700 shares. That's pathetic. Some douche that draws on his on face gets a 100,000 shares. Ford definitely doesn't know their audience.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Second piece is up! Last digit a 0? Probably 710.
80936807-EF57-4CEE-8BF7-530CA25A540F.jpeg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Looks like a zero to me.... or a 9

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Definitely thinking 0 or 9 now that I look closer.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Looks like it is a 5 piece puzzle. I am going to say it is a 6 or a 8, the way they cut that piece enables them to conceal the bottom loop.

For the discussion on the marketing of Ford Performance vehicles, you guys are missing the point...

Ford directly involves people into its hype machine and community. Ford's heavy involvement in social media connects people with cars and fosters the feeling that they are apart of the Ford family. Ford Performance played a big role in Forza Motorsports 6 to connect with the community which ultimately sold base models. The Gymkhana Series is another marketing strategy which sold base models. Those Ford Performance commercials, they aren't to sell you cars but base models to regular consumers. This Twitter GT500 HP reveal is to generate hype among Ford fans who may not be purchasing the GT500 but definitely could buy a base model. However, I guarantee that when the last puzzle piece is unveiled that the media embargo lifts to appeal to the hardcore enthusiasts.

Definitely don't group all millennials into not knowing how to change a tire or drive a manual. We are out there, far and few inbetween but nonetheless carrying on the desire for performance vehicles.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I vote for 720 hp

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Looks like it is a 5 piece puzzle. I am going to say it is a 6 or a 8, the way they cut that piece enables them to conceal the bottom loop.

For the discussion on the marketing of Ford Performance vehicles, you guys are missing the point...

Ford directly involves people into its hype machine and community. Ford's heavy involvement in social media connects people with cars and fosters the feeling that they are apart of the Ford family. Ford Performance played a big role in Forza Motorsports 6 to connect with the community which ultimately sold base models. The Gymkhana Series is another marketing strategy which sold base models. Those Ford Performance commercials, they aren't to sell you cars but base models to regular consumers. This Twitter GT500 HP reveal is to generate hype among Ford fans who may not be purchasing the GT500 but definitely could buy a base model. However, I guarantee that when the last puzzle piece is unveiled that the media embargo lifts to appeal to the hardcore enthusiasts.

Definitely don't group all millennials into not knowing how to change a tire or drive a manual. We are out there, far and few inbetween but nonetheless carrying on the desire for performance vehicles.
Sounds nice, but are the bulk of the millenials going to buy the GT500? I get the promotion part, but I resent the way that a large corporation is bowing to a demographic that at the end of the day is a wanna be crowd. I think there must be a better approach to selling thier mainstream products.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not a lot of room between the 7 and final digit. So, I'm guessing 71x or 74x, probably the latter.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You know I pretty much said the same thing and then deleted it. You are correct. It's all about social media and targeting the millennial crowd. Somehow Ford has miscalculated thier target demographic because I believe people like me and you are the ones with more discressionary spending than the social media addicts.

Case in point, I don't Twitter, Facebook, like, or share and this is my garage.
IMG9500641.jpg
If your garage had a like button. I’d give it a like.:like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If your garage had a like button. I’d give it a like.:like:
Thanks! It was just to make a point. People like me are the ones who will be buying this car not the people who Ford seems to target with thier social media and that demographic. Maybe I just woke up in a bad mood, but, well.... it doesn't matter any way I guess.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Bah...this should have been done long ago....I do not do twitter, and I am not from Elllen generation either ! The point is just release the bloody numbers....whats next ? Send a video on IG for the weight ?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Thanks! It was just to make a point. People like me are the ones who will be buying this car not the people who Ford seems to target with thier social media and that demographic. Maybe I just woke up in a bad mood, but, well.... it doesn't matter any way I guess.
I’m with ya dude. I sold my 95 race car with the intention of getting one. Then I said f$&k it. Bought a supercharger for this car. Took a two week trip to Jamaica. And made a few home improvements.
Sponsored