Sponsored

Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Not a lot of room between the 7 and final digit. So, I'm guessing 71x or 74x, probably the latter.
I think you may be correct.....740hp.
This is going to suck for Ford.
1. 185mph limit.
2. Not even class matching power specs?

Better hope things do not come in 3's.
Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Sounds nice, but are the bulk of the millenials going to buy the GT500? I get the promotion part, but I resent the way that a large corporation is bowing to a demographic that at the end of the day is a wanna be crowd. I think there must be a better approach to selling thier mainstream products.
You missed my point by asking if the bulk of millennials are going to buy the GT500. No, but it will make them want one which results in them going into the dealership and walking out with a base model.

Someones desire to own a base model Mustang because it is closely related to a Shelby does not make them a wannabe. If you are talking about people who slap Cobras on base Mustangs then that has happened within every generation.

The Mustang has been the global best selling sports car for the past 3 years, they obviously are doing something right in the marketing department.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Well I have to hand it to Dodge. The way they marketed the Demon was far superior. No comparison really. The teaser vids were at least pretty cool and it kept the buzz going. This twitter stuff is just annoying.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I think you may be correct.....740hp.
This is going to suck for Ford.
1. 185mph limit.
2. Not even class matching power specs?

Better hope things do not come in 3's.
If the number comes in under 750 HP, I don't see the ADM's lasting long. I'm going to guess 790...because I'm an optimist.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
You missed my point by asking if the bulk of millennials are going to buy the GT500. No, but it will make them want one which results in them going into the dealership and walking out with a base model.

Someones desire to own a base model Mustang because it is closely related to a Shelby does not make them a wannabe. If you are talking about people who slap Cobras on base Mustangs then that has happened within every generation.

The Mustang has been the global best selling sports car for the past 3 years, they obviously are doing something right in the marketing department.

This is a really good point.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

No, I got your point. I just don't agree with it. Fair enough, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is a really good point.
Yes, and many argue that the whole performance car division of each manufacturer is for the purpose of advancing the brand. However if you are not focusing the marketing of the product you are trying to sell to a particular demographic, then it is neglecting the very apex customer who should be buying the car.

Me and others like me with our kind of buying power should not be neglected.

I have no objection to the use of social media appropriately, but many like me do not fit that demographic.

I am a Ford guy. I belong to a ford family with deep roots in Ford through direct ownership, loyalty, and family who have spent careers at Ford. Don't sell me out to a bunch of millenials.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Y'all who are guessing 710 or 720 hp are bound to be low. Ford has said 700++. 710 and even 720 hp numbers are not 700++. It appears to end on a "0". The Roush Stage 3 Mustang is rated at 710 hp. That's a 5.0. This 5.2 Predator has more displacement and likely a bigger blower (I don't remember the Roush blower specs.), so I'm going with an even 750 hp rating, but wouldn't be surprised if it is 760 hp.

It is a little annoying how they are revealing it, but I'll get over it.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Yes, and many argue that the whole performance car division of each manufacturer is for the purpose of advancing the brand. However if you are not focusing the marketing of the product you are trying to sell to a particular demographic, then it is neglecting the very apex customer who should be buying the car.

Me and others like me with our kind of buying power should not be neglected.

I have no objection to the use of social media appropriately, but many like me do not fit that demographic.

I am a Ford guy. I belong to a ford family with deep roots in Ford through direct ownership, loyalty, and family who have spent careers at Ford. Don't sell me out to a bunch of millenials.
I don't think you should feel "neglected" simply because Ford is pandering to the younger crowd a bit with this twittery. How many plain Challengers do you see on the road today? I think I see more than the camaros and it's close with Mustangs. I bet the Demon had a little to do with that by sparking the interest of the younger crowd. You want Ford to succeed? Then surely you must understand that they are unlocking the imaginations of the younger crowd.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I don't think you should feel "neglected" simply because Ford is pandering to the younger crowd a bit with this twittery. How many plain Challengers do you see on the road today? I think I see more than the camaros and it's close with Mustangs. I bet the Demon had a little to do with that by sparking the interest of the younger crowd. You want Ford to succeed? Then surely you must understand that they are unlocking the imaginations of the younger crowd.
It's going to happen anyway. People like us buy the apex performance vehicles and then the rest falls into place. Ford really doesn't have to cater to a group of people that never will buy this car.

Again, my position is that social media is a valuable tool, however it seems that Ford's marketing seems to feel connected to people like me pertaining to this kind of car. Nothing could be further than the truth. It seems so far through commentary in this thread that there is a disconnect. A neglect? Well maybe not, but a misguided focus of who is who and who is buying these kind of cars.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If it was more than that they would have posted it so far. Also there are similar cars based on GT350 with same blower and it produce around 720 hp so I think this will be the number.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Just for refrence the current king of Twitter is a 70+ year old straight Republican white man (Donald Trump):ontheloo::cwl:
It seems to work for him.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
If it was more than that they would have posted it so far. Also there are similar cars based on GT350 with same blower and it produce around 720 hp so I think this will be the number.
Trust me, it will be more than 720hp

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I do not know a single other person in the millennial generation who is in line at the dealership to buy a GT500.

Ford isn't building Ford Performance vehicles to please their hardcore enthusiasts. They are building them to innovate, compete and bring new people into the brand. The only time Ford reacts is when it is hurting their brand or to increase sales to a particular audience. The 2016 GT350 limp mode, the Gen 2 Raptor having a V6 and now the GT500 missing a manual option.

The GT350 became the hottest affordable track car in the world bringing in new owners from other brands. Ford Performance has already stated their goal with the GT500 is to embarrass supercars. From a marketing perspective it puts the perception out that the Mustang is in the same realm as supercars.
Sponsored