Sponsored

Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Are you suggesting that the assembly plant in Flat Rock built and that Ford Marketing in Dearborn sold the 1723 KR's for the 2008/2009 MY's?

I don't think so.:)

If you are suggesting that SA will give up the KR designation to the Ford Motor Company in Dearborn I suggest that you guess again because that just isn't going to happen.

Will SA come up with another rendition of a newer GT500KR, yes that will probably take place again.

Ford is all about revisiting heritage and so am I but unfortunately a GT500KR will not be built at the FRAP and will not be marketed by Dearborn any time soon.

:sunglasses:
Right on point. The naming schemes of Halo Mustangs regarding Shelby and anything attached to it is an absolutely NIGHTMARE in the licensing department and Shelby America makes things incredibly difficult. Believe it or not that relationship is actually extremely strained.
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
755 hp in 6th and 825 hp in 7th gear. 6th gear is limited so it won't break the transmission. Or something like that. Top speed is 203. 1 mph more than the Hell Kitty.
I missed it by 5 hp. But we will later find out the limiting factor is the DCT. Imagine pumping the boost up to 20 lbs=1,000 hp!! Next up is the SVO Ecoboost Mustang=500 hp 4 cylinder.

The most amazing thing about the GT500 is not the 760 hp-it's the 760 hp AND a warranty. I probably won't be able to get one at MSRP-but we'll see.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Are you suggesting that the assembly plant in Flat Rock built and that Ford Marketing in Dearborn sold the 1723 KR's for the 2008/2009 MY's?

I don't think so.:)

If you are suggesting that SA will give up the KR designation to the Ford Motor Company in Dearborn I suggest that you guess again because that just isn't going to happen.

Will SA come up with another rendition of a newer GT500KR, yes that will probably take place again.

Ford is all about revisiting heritage and so am I but unfortunately a GT500KR will not be built at the FRAP and will not be marketed by Dearborn any time soon.

The GT500KR was not the typical post-title Shelby American car, it was a joint Ford-Shelby American car. Ford SVT and Ford Racing engineers worked on the car with Shelby American. Ford revealed the car, distributed the press materials and marketed the car. Who arranged the Knight Rider cameo? Ford did.

Let me reference my original point, The GT500KR is the perfect opportunity for Ford to flex its capability to dominate the modern day pony car wars. Highest HP with the fastest street, strip and track times of any street legal pony car to-date. Thus building on the "King of the Road" heritage.

Like any Shelby, Ford will need to obtain licensing through Shelby American. That is if Shelby American does not approach Ford like they did for the 2008 model.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The camaro guys are fine. Many of them like or love the gt500. Im sure some will switch to mustang, people always go back and forth. I just read that thread from hp announcement on and its a couple guys who dont like the gt500. One guy, blackanus always arguing and ranting like a child and constantly saying we like he speaks for the whole camaro forum and another guy who thinks the gt500 is simply not gonna be good enough especially on the track. He thinks it took too long to get here, leaves a lot to be desired, and is only gonna be a straight line car that wont do better than 10.8. He also thinks gt500 wont beat a zl1 around a track and a gt500 track package wont beat a zle. Its mainly blackmanhole who is just really annoying so I just dont even read most his comments.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
You cant compare a car based upon its horsepower alone. let the rest of the numbers come out and then decide.
True it's only up 100HP in 5 years.

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Like when dodge said its a factory warrantied 9 sec car, and then owners couldn't crack 9s, so had to add $2k in aftermarket parts to try again, and then the rear diff broke so they all had to modify the rear diff to launch and actually hit 9s...? That's a lot of $ and work invested for a stoxk 9 sec car that has to jave warranty voiding mods done to it, yet still claimed stock somehow...

Again, their sales prove otherwise...not limited production, and still cant satisfy retail demand #'s.. i wish i could fail like that when I 1/2 ass things..
Problem with the dodge demon was that, it had to have perfect conditions just to run 9s lol. I don’t like them either but My point still stands. There is no excuse as to why this car shouldn’t and couldn’t of had 800hp, just to shove it up dodges ass

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The GT500KR was not the typical post-title Shelby American car...
No it wasn't. In fact, it was their last pre-title Mustang. Regulations had SA being the manufacturer, something we won't see again on a Mustang from them.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Problem with the dodge demon was that, it had to have perfect conditions just to run 9s lol. I don’t like them either but My point still stands. There is no excuse as to why this car shouldn’t and couldn’t of had 800hp, just to shove it up dodges ass
Throughout history it's always been Ford vs Chevy. While I respect Dodge for what they've done to this point, I really think Ford could give two shits about Dodge's straightline sofa with a blower.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Don't sweat the bench racers over there. I have tried to provoke their king to run his car. And all he'll run is his mouth. But let's be respectful to our guests like Martin. Car guys shouldn't take this brand loyalty crap so serious. There not all trolls simply because they drive something different.
where, link me to the shit show :)

My point stands, if tires and diff bracing are not mods to them, even if the diff brace voids the warranty, then strip the entire interior of the 500 except drivers seat, pull the side mirrors off ( not street legal) so as to not need to add HP, and keep your warranty, and then click off a 9 sec pass. im sure its possible with enough weight reduction and a tire, best case scenario.. If they wanted that title. The car doesnt need 800 hp factory. that would be a stupid decision and completely unnecessary from Ford. thats a crank HP #, and only matters to the people that bought a demon, and the gt500 owners that wont drive them anywhere but CnC, as well as people that will never buy a GT500 in the next decade

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
where, link me to the shit show :)
Not worth digging for. The dude won't answer a call out. Hes local to me. Then talks shits about how any car is beneath his. Says he has nothing to prove. Mentions hes the richest guy on the interwebs. over and over. And then starts acting like he was afraid. I'd kick his ass if he showed up. Tempting as that would be. I'm above that kinda stuff. So in short. He's a typical bench racing, interwebs pussy. Check his time out for his ZL1 in their fast list. Pretty sure I could best that time in an EcoBoost. The cool Camaro guys over there.(IE the guys that actually run their cars) just stay out of that section. And the ones that I race with at Atco. Are embarrased of that dude.

Last edited:

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
98% of the people saying the GT500 is underpowered can't afford it anyways. Probably driving a 3v at the same time and making payments with 20% interest

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Right on point. The naming schemes of Halo Mustangs regarding Shelby and anything attached to it is an absolutely NIGHTMARE in the licensing department and Shelby America makes things incredibly difficult. Believe it or not that relationship is actually extremely strained.
Back in 2008 when the KR was initially being launched Carroll Shelby was still very active within SA at Las Vegas and obviously still had some terrific and long standing relationships with Dearborn even at the age of 85.

Carroll's name and strong relationship with Ford pretty much set the table for the 2008/2009 GT500KR as I could not see anyone at Ford saying no to the KR initiative with Carroll still around.

Also keep in mind that back around this same time (2007/2008) SA was struggling big time from not only a financial basis but lack of sales therefore SA needed a big shot in the arm and who better to turn to than the Ford Motor Company.

The 2008/2009 GT500KR was certainly not initiated by the FMC but in fact this initiative was spearheaded by Amy Boylan and Gary Patterson as they needed a halo car to give them new life and of course Ford senior management including Jamal Hameedi approved the KR program.

I would suggest that had Carroll Shelby not been with us back in 2007/2008 I am not so sure that the KR program would have been approved for SA by Dearborn.

Now that Carroll has been gone for just over 7 years it will be interesting as to what direction SA takes with respect to another KR program for the 2020 GT500 and what the present Ford management will have to say about their request?

I would not be surprised to see Ford themselves come out with a new high performance version for the 2020 GT500 (aside from the 2 seat CFTP version) and would also suggest that Ford may come up with a brand new halo designation such as "KRR" or something along that line.

Back to your point and with Carroll now gone for many years I certainly agree that the relationship is extremely strained with SA needing Ford a lot more than Ford needing the men and women at SA.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
98% of the people saying the GT500 is underpowered can't afford it anyways. Probably driving a 3v at the same time and making payments with 20% interest
This is the type of thing people who can't afford it usually say

I notice this a lot with the new Supra... someone who certainly can afford it will give their opinion on it, then someone who can't afford it comes in to say that the naysayer can't afford it

Either way, it's a pathetic scapegoat. You don't have to be able to afford a haunted house to say it's haunted