Sponsored

Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Wow , I rarely post but it seems the Camaro trolls have been triggered. Lol!

Go over to that “other site” and you will read all sorts of fiction. Blaqwhole is probably the most delusional of them all. He really just can’t tip his hat and acknowledge that Ford upped the anti.

Well done Ford!
I guess I’m not seeing the shit-show you describe. There’s one guy saying stuff, but that is to be expected from him. I could easily characterize any number of threads over here as being off the rails if I ascribed the mood of the thread to the most outrageous post writer in the thread. Most over at Ca6 appreciate the effort and the product and commiserate with you guys that it took so damn long. Idaho2018GTPremium and shaffe both spend a fair amount of time over there and have brought a lot of balance and level-headed thinking to a number of “weird” conversations. Both forums have their share of “fanboys” who know what the results will be before the facts are available. If we judge both forums by the quality of their fanboys, then both forums suck. I choose to believe the opposite and measure both forums by the quality of their best contributors. And from that perspective, both forums rock.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Some the leaps of logic are pretty funny, I mean, I’m hoping several posters don’t have a profession that requires any sort of analytical thinking (because they’d be extremely bad at it ...)

Ex: The GT500 won’t be able to get traction vs. the ZL1, even though they’re running the same size tire and the mustang has a more advanced transmission.

Fanboy magical traction:crackup:

Blind brand loyalty makes me laugh ...

Last edited:

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car
I guess I’m not seeing the shit-show you describe. There’s one guy saying stuff, but that is to be expected from him. I could easily characterize any number of threads over here as being off the rails if I ascribed the mood of the thread to the most outrageous post writer in the thread. Most over at Ca6 appreciate the effort and the product and commiserate with you guys that it took so damn long. Idaho2018GTPremium and shaffe both spend a fair amount of time over there and have brought a lot of balance and level-headed thinking to a number of “weird” conversations. Both forums have their share of “fanboys” who know what the results will be before the facts are available. If we judge both forums by the quality of their fanboys, then both forums suck. I choose to believe the opposite and measure both forums by the quality of their best contributors. And from that perspective, both forums rock.
When folks are already declaring its DOA and the current ZL1 and ZR1 will beat it the track all based on power numbers...that is some speculative shite based on nothing but bias.

Applaud Ford for making a powerful engine and wait to see how the whole car works before making any declarations. Nobody knows except Ford how it truly performs against the competition.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
When folks are already declaring its DOA and the current ZL1 and ZR1 will beat it the track all based on power numbers...that is some speculative shite based on nothing but bias.

Applaud Ford for making a powerful engine and wait to see how the whole car works before making any declarations. Nobody knows except Ford how it truly performs against the competition.
Indeed.

Honestly, it looks like it's caught a few of the brand loyalist over there off-guard. So much so that 760hp is now not impressive. It's also apparently low on torque with "only" 625lb ft and needs more, but also won't be able to launch as it will be short on traction. Oh, and the GT500 doesn't stand a chance against the Red Eye, even though Ford has already stated it runs sub 11 second 1/4 mile times (comparable to the Red Eye).

One individual is so blind that he even concludes that even if the GT500 destroys the ZL1, the ZL1 gets a moral win because of it's awesomeness. You can't make this stuff up.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The front subframe for instance is magnesium.
Do we have a source for this? I remember the new front k-brace being constructed from some type of composite/magnesium type product, but I don't remember seeing ANYTHING about the front subframe

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Don't sweat the bench racers over there. I have tried to provoke their king to run his car. And all he'll run is his mouth. But let's be respectful to our guests like Martin. Car guys shouldn't take this brand loyalty crap so serious. There not all trolls simply because they drive something different.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Do we have a source for this? I remember the new front k-brace being constructed from some type of composite/magnesium type product, but I don't remember seeing ANYTHING about the front subframe
The STB is magnesium, not the subframe. You are correct.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
There not all trolls simply because they drive something different.
And I don't mind them being here as long as they don't try and shove there superior supercar down my throat. If I want any of that shit I'll watch a Real people not actors commercial.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
SO......what now....that was kind of anticlimactic.....about where i thought the numbers would be......so do we get to wait again.....ordering guides, full specs, and ordering bank opening would be nice, but maybe we are 3 more twitter puzzles away from that.
Twitter lottery on all the GT500's.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
And I don't mind them being here as long as they don't try and shove there superior supercar down my throat. If I want any of that shit I'll watch a Real people not actors commercial.
The supercar Camaro guys will be here in a few. :lipssealed::giggle:No doubt in my mind.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
You mean the one where they were over 800 but the rest of the driveline said nah?
Not the story I heard, lol.

It's always interesting to hear about HP numbers vs. durability/reliability vs. EPA numbers.

Last edited:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

True. But really it’s one guy. He has his POV and sometimes it’s valid and sometimes it’s not. But he does not define the temperament of the forum. Most guys have their opinion but recognize that it has yet to be seen. My own opinion.... GT500 vs Redeye on the strip likely goes in the GT500 column unless the GT500 comes in way over 4,000 lbs. GT500 vs ZL1 on strip goes to GT500. GT500 vs ZL1 on the track should go to GT500. GT500 vs ZL1-1LE (aka ZLE) may depend on the track. Long tracks with long straights will definitely favor GT500. Short tracks could be a real dogfight, especially with ZLE getting a 10AT. That is not much different than what most are saying at Ca6. There are a few who think ZL1 (all varieties) can win on any track. They are the minority.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
My car came with GY Supercar 3 tires... That means my Camaro is a supercar and 3x the car your is!!!!

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
This is a good start. Give it 2-3 years and a 800hp+ GT500KR will arrive.

Competiton:
GT500 = Standard Hellcat, ZL1
GT500KR = Hellcat Red-eye, ZL1 1LE
Cobra Jet = Demon, COPO
Sponsored