Sponsored

Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, 50 yrpks.2016 Saleen BLK LB
My opinion means zero, but I would expect a Shelby GT 500 with a 5.2L engine with a supercharger to make more than 700+ because its a Shelby GT 500! If Saleen can take the 5.0 engine on the 2019 Saleen Black label and make it produce 800 HP, Ford should be able to more ! just my 2 cents
Sponsored

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
755 as speculated from the Easter Eggs

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Wednesday morning hurry up.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Who will swap for a 7.3 thread went much farther much faster.
That thread is full of pure garbage, mostly perpetuated by 2 idiots. The length of it means absolutely nothing

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
That thread is full of pure garbage, mostly perpetuated by 2 idiots. The length of it means absolutely nothing
Amen!! I never posted in it!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Okay, then, should we all call it before we see that upper right piece?

I'll go with 760.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I have to tell you the whole release of this car is ridiculous. Who heads the marketing department a 13 year old? I guess anyone that goes through this process is a true believer. With all of Ford's blunders fairly recently I really don't know? Throw in the guaranteed ADM and first year (the problems and learning experiences and for the price??)
I will wait for actual owner reviews before I worry about landing one. I still think it's going to be a tank. That might even be why they went with the DCT?? Quick shifts, lower times. You really have to wonder? Maybe it needed the DCT to be respectable?

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I don’t understand all the fuss about teasing this out over a few days on social media. You’re going to get the official number on Tuesday regardless so why not have a little fun with it?
Yep.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I have to tell you the whole release of this car is ridiculous. Who heads the marketing department a 13 year old? I guess anyone that goes through this process is a true believer. With all of Ford's blunders fairly recently I really don't know? Throw in the guaranteed ADM and first year (the problems and learning experiences and for the price??)
I will wait for actual owner reviews before I worry about landing one. I still think it's going to be a tank. That might even be why they went with the DCT?? Quick shifts, lower times. You really have to wonder? Maybe it needed the DCT to be respectable?

It’s interesting.

Ford COULD have went twin turbo. And made mind-blowing power that would leave the auto world reeling.

But they stayed financially safe with a supercharger.

THry could have developed this solution with a modern fuel delivery system... it they didn’t.

So the car makes huge power, but not earth shattering.

It’s going to be heavy. It’s based on gt350, but adding even beefier suspension, heavier engine, etc

And so it is bound to be a fast car. Perhaps the fastest out there on the street (not including the not-street-legal demon crate add-ones plus the tire glue). But it’s not going to obliterate stats.

That’s where the DCT comes in. Ford wants a certain amount of performance. No doubt they were getting there. But the DCT ensures it and then some. It basically just maximizes the package. All the go fast goods are there, but the DCT makes sure they get made use of.

The engine could have been better. A lot better. But ford didn’t want to put out the time and cost investment to develop a proper eco boost v8, suited for performance. (I know the engine guy talked about torque management, but that was a veil, nothing more) A missed opportunity for sure, it we are still getting a world class supercharged v8.

If it were turbo, it would overpower the demon at its most insane setup.

But it’s SC.

So it will have to settle for beating hellcats and zl1s.

The weight is going to be an issue but not crazy. The engine is powerful. The dct is the best option we could have hoped for.

So at least we are getting that box ticked.

Hopefully successors will address engine modernity and weight reduction.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This stuff might have been fun 2 years ago. This late to the game and dragging it out.......silly.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Y

Me and others like me with our kind of buying power should not be neglected.
The GT500 is a minuscule sliver of overall Mustang sales. Don't think of yourself as too important.

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
Well, one things for certain here, @ a minimum 730hp, this will be the king of 'stangs, and should hopefully match or beat a base c8 vette in all performance metrics; what with it having the same dct transmission, and those huge brakes. I know the Nurburgring is not a level playing field, but what is you chaps best guess for a lap. Does anyone think it would go a sub 7.10 minute ?!
Sponsored