Ford is worthless

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've had good luck with my 2017 so far after a few minor mishaps, (Passenger door was too far forward and rubbed, oil filter loose from the factory)

Had nothing but great experiences with both Honda and Toyota. Ended up giving the 2018 Accord a test drive after reading all this about being "2018 North American car of the year". The rest was history after that test drive.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
There's a reason Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc do not make 460 HP sports cars that sell for 30-45K with manual transmissions.

It is because they would be in the same boat with issues and posts complaining about them.

They would also lose their vaunted dependability that Consumer Reports loves so much.

We should be grateful there are still some manufacturers willing to take the risk.

Sucks when you have issues but the alternative is everyone driving boring cars.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
There's a reason Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc do not make 460 HP sports cars that sell for 30-45K with manual transmissions.

It is because they would be in the same boat with issues and posts complaining about them.

They would also lose their vaunted dependability that Consumer Reports loves so much.

We should be grateful there are still some manufacturers willing to take the risk.

Sucks when you have issues but the alternative is everyone driving boring cars.
Not disagreeing with that, but if compare a Ford Edge or Escape to a comparable Toyota or Honda, Ford still loses when it comes to cost of ownership and problems per 1,000 cars.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
It's not just Ford, 2015 Mercedes SL keeps loosing air pressure in the tires because the wheels develop small cracks. Mercedes will not cover it under warranty even though the shop manager said it's a known problem with lots of complaints. Already replaced 2 wheels at $1300 each.

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Seal Kit BL3Z7153B.

I am retired, but spend 40 years in the parts business, several in Detroit dealing with car companies, so I do part time consulting to the largest Motorcraft Distributor in the world and they could not get the part because it has been on back order.

There are a ton of dealers with that kit in stock. We have one on the shelf right now. The dealer you are working with just needs to buy it from another dealer instead of making you wait.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
My dad 2 last lexus...
Cam bearing out at 45k miles
2nd one electric problems

Bought a Lincoln after being run around by Lexus and never been happier

Cliff notes .. no one is perfect except me lol
My brothers on his 5th lexus, no problems yet! I keep trying to persuade him to get a used GSF. I dont think those cars will continue to plummet in value since all the luxury makes are going small engine turbo.

[MENTION=20539]timd38[/MENTION],
I would try asking if Ford can buy your car back and you can get a GT350. I didnt read entire thread but I have a feeling you're partial to a manual car.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I laugh when people say "shit breaks and that is what a warranty is for". I hope they never have to deal with Ford on a serious issue and have to wait several weeks/months for a backordered part or go through the Lemon Law process.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
There are a ton of dealers with that kit in stock. We have one on the shelf right now. The dealer you are working with just needs to buy it from another dealer instead of making you wait.
Sent you a PM for dealership info.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Seal Kit BL3Z7153B.

I am retired, but spend 40 years in the parts business, several in Detroit dealing with car companies, so I do part time consulting to the largest Motorcraft Distributor in the world and they could not get the part because it has been on back order.
If the parts to repair the car can't be obtained within about a week, they should be moving up in the chain of part assemblies...

A big fault by OEM's is the over-concentration to the production end of a vehicle and the limited-concentration to the customer ownership end of their product. Simply, that is how you lose your best customers.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Not disagreeing with that, but if compare a Ford Edge or Escape to a comparable Toyota or Honda, Ford still loses when it comes to cost of ownership and problems per 1,000 cars.
Keep in mind they are dropping almost all lines to focus on (C)SUVs...so perhaps it will change for the better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Keep in mind they are dropping almost all lines to focus on (C)SUVs...so perhaps it will change for the better.
Hope your right, I want to support American companies. If you look at it today, every Ford car platform has an SUV model as well.

Fiesta Ecosport
Focus Esxape
Fuzion Edge
Taurus Explorer

They get $10K more for the SUV version. TTAC website did a story on it a while ago.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
I get that shit breaks when I have had to pay for transmission repairs, I got them back in a couple days, this has been 3 weeks and most likely another 2 weeks. And no, the first dealer did not honor the warranty and Ford didn't do shit about it. They did not offer me a loaner and it doesn't matter how many cars I have, I wrote a check for over $40K and just want to drive my car. We only have a limited summer up here, so I drove the Mustang during the week, the Vette on weekends and the truck during the winter.

I am 63 and don't drive the shit out of my cars, so this should not have ever happen.
You do realize Ford and Ford Performance are two different companies and the Ford Performances warranty is not the factory warranty...

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
You do realize Ford and Ford Performance are two different companies and the Ford Performances warranty is not the factory warranty...
Per an email someone here received from Ford and shared on M6G, once a Ford power pack is installed, the powertrain warranty on the vehicle ends at 36k, whether the pack is installed with 1 mile or 35,999 on the odometer. Based on that information, the OP should be covered.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
You also have to register it. Don't assume the dealer or the installer did when they did the software install. You have to email in the receipt.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
The "district manager" at Ford is now pissed at me because thanks to Tripp, I found 2 of the seal kits 15 minutes from the dealer that has the car despite them being on backorder.

"The parts department at Johnson Ford has tried all their resources to obtain the part" tripp explained to me why the part may not show up, so I used this thing called a telephone and called the dealer in the next town, and they checked stock and have it.

All the resources of Ford Motor Company could not find it, but a simple Google search and a phone call could. You just can't make this shit up.

Sponsored