Sponsored

Ford GT350 vs BMW M2

Newedge713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 ford mustang hatchback
16 Pages wow anybody with common sense knows a M2 VS a GT350 is a miss match a GT350 would take that win i'd like to see a M2 VS the 2016 Ford Focus RS By the way i think BMW is overrated but that's just me

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
They even did head to head against an m4! The results are shocking, even though the m2 is down in power and torque it put down power better than the m4 resulting in faster lap times. Pretty sweet little monster. It also weights less than 3500 lbs. Now tune that little beast and see what it does.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/bmw-m2-versus-m4-sibling-rivalry/

Impressive numbers by the m2 for sure. I think for the pure joy of driving the M2 is the Victor in this scenario. On a daily basis I still prefer the space and stability on track of my M3 (and door count, which is not offered in the M2) .

Interesting point I'd like to attempt to make. There is a lot of chatter and belly aching about "they were afraid of making it as fast as the M4, why not give it the bigger motor from its big brother?" I personally think that it doesn't have everything to do with the performance stratification, but it had to do with price. If they made the M2 every bit as special as the M3 as far as proprietary motor, interior, carbon bits... the price would quickly be the same as the M3/M4 and I think the market would have a hard time paying the same for a smaller car. Granted, the enthusiast crowd doesn't buy the "bigger is better" spiel.

On the BMW forums there is a lot of "if only it had a carbon fiber roof and drive shaft, I'd be all over it" kind of talk.

Do you guys wish it had ALL the goodies and pay another $10-15k or leave it as is?

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
Impressive numbers by the m2 for sure. I think for the pure joy of driving the M2 is the Victor in this scenario. On a daily basis I still prefer the space and stability on track of my M3 (and door count, which is not offered in the M2) .

Interesting point I'd like to attempt to make. There is a lot of chatter and belly aching about "they were afraid of making it as fast as the M4, why not give it the bigger motor from its big brother?" I personally think that it doesn't have everything to do with the performance stratification, but it had to do with price. If they made the M2 every bit as special as the M3 as far as proprietary motor, interior, carbon bits... the price would quickly be the same as the M3/M4 and I think the market would have a hard time paying the same for a smaller car. Granted, the enthusiast crowd doesn't buy the "bigger is better" spiel.

On the BMW forums there is a lot of "if only it had a carbon fiber roof and drive shaft, I'd be all over it" kind of talk.

Do you guys wish it had ALL the goodies and pay another $10-15k or leave it as is?
Dont forget they only showcase the M2 v the M4 on short tracks. It is impressive how well the M2 does but the M4 kills it up top.

Also the M2 can only be had at MSRP right now and the M4 can be had at INVOICE. So the price difference isn't nearly that.

Hi M3post friend BTW ;)

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
They even did head to head against an m4! The results are shocking, even though the m2 is down in power and torque it put down power better than the m4 resulting in faster lap times. Pretty sweet little monster. It also weights less than 3500 lbs. Now tune that little beast and see what it does.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/bmw-m2-versus-m4-sibling-rivalry/
The M3/M4's move to a 111 inch wheelbase was the end of its track dominance. The M2 has superior geometry and a far better/rigid platform overall. This is why it shocked me when I found out about the 110.7 inch wheelbase and reported it here months early. A 111 inch wheelbase and a sports coupe DO NOT belong together.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Man! I want to drive an M2 so bad!!!

That little thing is so awesome!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Guys,
I know this thread is for the GT350 v M2 but as we don't get the GT350 in the UK and it's not worth starting a new thread. Would you go for the standard GT or the M2? Do you think the M2 is worth the extra 15-20% price premium on the GT?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Yes it is. Here in the US a loaded gtpp comes out around 44 grand, while an m2 with that available one package is 53 grand. It is definitely worth it in my opinion. The driving experience in that m2 must be worth it. If you cant go for the gt350, i say go for the m2.
Sponsored