Sponsored

GT350 vs BMW M2 Competition

SRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Viper, '21 M2 Competition, '22 S1000RR
Anyone have the pleasure of owning both? Looking at both at the moment, in manual of course!!!!

For mainly street use, what would you recommend? Leaning towards an M2C for better mpg and more compliant ride. Still not knocking the GT350 tho, if I can get one for a decent deal I may go that way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

3 PEDAL DRIVE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2015 F150-Full Bolt On
I was considering both of these and ended up with a new Mach 1 HP with the Tremec. Iā€™ve always had European vehicles prior to the Ford, they are definitely more refined and hold their own on a track for sure. The Shelby is going to feel more eventful than the M2, itā€™s loud, brash, and much more raw. My Mach (and the GT350) feel like race cars that are acceptable on the street, the Bimmer will feel more like a street car that does very well at the track. As with anything, it will come down to personal preference, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a wrong answer.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I have driven both. I prefer the 350, it's just more raw. The M is a great vehicle too if you like a BMW. It's more of a comfortable street car IMO, but I'm sure it does well on a track too.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I was in a similar boat a few years back, and I went with the Mustang. Don't get me wrong, the creature comforts are definitely there on the BMW, it's got all the bells and whistles, because in a way, that's what you expect from a BMW. The M2C is no slouch on the track, but it comes at quite a cost, and comes down to what matters most and what you're going to do more of. If you're going to track heavily, get the Shelby. If you're the Cars n' Coffee showoff type, probably get the Shelby because nothing sounds like it. If you're going to cruise around and try to impress co-workers and/or hookers, get the M2C.

Jamongkad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I don't why anyone has not commented on the back breaking kidney punching ride quality of the M2C. After owning my F80 M3 for 5 years, I wanted to move into a more sporty coupe. My choices were the GT350 and M2C. I back to back test drove a GT350 and M2C on the same day. And man the ride quality of the M2C was atrocious. My wife even complained that she can feel every road imperfection and not in a good way. And take note my M3 had MPerformance height adjustable suspension on passive shocks. That's saying something! The GT350 on the other hand had a more firm but compliant ride. The car felt more alive and composed at the same time and I also got the thumbs up from the wife.

My F80 felt more powerful than the M2C despite having the same S55 engine, in fairness I am aware BMW somewhat nerfed the M2C and nothing a tune can fix! The Voodoo though...what a sound and added so much character to the car! High revving naturally aspirated V8 just sealed the deal for me.

The only knock for the GT350 was the interior space is smaller than the M2. I don't know BMW did it but the back seats of the M2 were much more comfortable and spacious. Apart from that everything else on the GT350 felt more special than the M to me.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I have driven both. I prefer the 350, it's just more raw. The M is a great vehicle too if you like a BMW. It's more of a comfortable street car IMO, but I'm sure it does well on a track too.
I wouldn't say the M2 is comfortable. Its really stiff and can be pretty jarring after a while. Its also got massive brakes. Almost too much for the street. It does really well on the track though.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I've spent a good chunk of time playing with the M2Clubsport, which is a pretty cool little track car. It's fast-enough without being overly intimidating to a novice. The balance is good and easy to tune in either direction. The car itself wants to be driven, so, to go quick, you've got to actually hustle the car.

The GT350R might be a little quicker on track (but not by much). It will likely be a different experience, though,....a little less refined.

Everyone gives Eco owners shit about really wanting the V8. Not me. I've built my HPP to basically be a poor-man's M2 CS. It's not really better or worse, just different.

Crossi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I own a GT350 and an M4. The M4 is a little bigger than the M2 but you can get the idea. The 350 is faster and more stable on the track. The M4 is still quick, but like others have said on here, it is a street car worthy of a track day but the 350 is a track car that is easy to drive on the street. My M4 is also a DCT. I love rowing the gears like anyone else from the 3Pedal club, but there is no substitute for that BMW DCT transmission. The biggest difference between them, and usually the one that seals the deal, is the exhaust tone of the 350. There is nothing like it and that alone would sway anyone to the ford side!
Sponsored