Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That’s FORD Magic my friend!! :ford:

But it will, trust me (unless you see the Demon as a competitor)
Demon is only 800hp unless you void the warranty and the demon is a hellva lot heavier the GT 500 will kill it :headbang:
Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I for one am not too concerned about the power. Once I am done with it, it will be putting out well over 1000hp anyway.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The GT350 definitely filled a slot at the perfect time. Nary a complaint aside from one - a lack of low end grunt or torque. The GT500 is a natural as it takes care of that issue, clearly. In the process though it creates another. Weight.

I'm in it for other reasons but a huge part of the appeal is that it will contain the latest in technology. There is an opportunity for Ford to showcase some great performing hardware that helps to remove mass, improve grip and braking, and obviously, acceleration. I'm maintaining some reserve however as I don't believe we will get all the hardware that would make so much sense on this car. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but don't expect it.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This is entirely speculative, but what if the S650 platform was cancelled because a heavily revised version of the s550 platform was developed for the GT500, and the weight savings and performance improvements were so impressive that it was decided that it made more sense to use it for the next generation...

Sponsored

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
Oh really ...There is a ton of used 350’s in the market already. Some of us need the seat in the pants feel of torque down low. Just watch what happens when the GT500 hits the streets. :cheers:
Why is it that it almost sounds like some of you are laughing that u assume the 350 will take a hit? And it is always the ones who don't have a 350 Making these comments.... I paid $50k for m 17 350 and I absolutely love it!! There is no way I am trading in to get 40k and then buy a new $100k 500... Those of us w the 350 love it for what it is and don't care if the prices do drop because we are not selling.... Ur coming off as extremely rude to those of us that have the 350 and love it by basically laughing that u THINK the prices of these will tank... Not cool either way in my book

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If the consensus is that this will be approximately a 750 HP, 4k lb car, then I hate to say it, but it's really kinda going to put it into the small performance space between the ZL1 and the Hellcat Widebody. It might be the top dog of those two cars on the track (evenly matched on the strip), but there won't be enough of a difference to make people say, "Damn, I gotta have the GT500!"

If anything, I think this becomes a "manufacturer favorite" war - Dodge guys are gonna want the HC, Chevy boys will claim the ZL1 (and don't forget the mid-engined Vette), and Ford fans are going to stick with the GT500.

In other words, I don't see the mass appeal of the 500 that the GT350 created among ALL car enthusiasts - that car pulled in drivers of all makes - Porsche, Chevrolet, Nissan, Dodge, you name it. I hope I'm wrong.

Is it a badass car? No doubt! Is it a little late to the game. Absolutely.
:lol::lol::lol:

SIMS1724

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS Ingot Silver
If the consensus is that this will be approximately a 750 HP, 4k lb car, then I hate to say it, but it's really kinda going to put it into the small performance space between the ZL1 and the Hellcat Widebody. It might be the top dog of those two cars on the track (evenly matched on the strip), but there won't be enough of a difference to make people say, "Damn, I gotta have the GT500!"

If anything, I think this becomes a "manufacturer favorite" war - Dodge guys are gonna want the HC, Chevy boys will claim the ZL1 (and don't forget the mid-engined Vette), and Ford fans are going to stick with the GT500.

In other words, I don't see the mass appeal of the 500 that the GT350 created among ALL car enthusiasts - that car pulled in drivers of all makes - Porsche, Chevrolet, Nissan, Dodge, you name it. I hope I'm wrong.

Is it a badass car? No doubt! Is it a little late to the game. Absolutely.
I think this car is going to surprise everyone and be less than ~3800 lbs. It was caught benchmarking the GT3; the spoiler looks similar to the Cayman GT4. The other aero bits (hood vents, front air ducts) show that their engineers are really working on making a great sports car. Only downside is that I think the MSRP is going to be around $75k with a ~10 k dealer markup to start out.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Headlights are definitely different than the 15-17, maybe same shape but the housing looks blacked out.
Looks like a pretty big increase in track width. That fender sticks way further out than stock.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The GT350 definitely filled a slot at the perfect time. Nary a complaint aside from one - a lack of low end grunt or torque. The GT500 is a natural as it takes care of that issue, clearly. In the process though it creates another. Weight.

I'm in it for other reasons but a huge part of the appeal is that it will contain the latest in technology. There is an opportunity for Ford to showcase some great performing hardware that helps to remove mass, improve grip and braking, and obviously, acceleration. I'm maintaining some reserve however as I don't believe we will get all the hardware that would make so much sense on this car. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but don't expect it.
And yet despite the lack of low end...I kinda almost don't care. But I don't drive particularly aggressive on the streets. I mean sure it would definitely be nice but I've never found myself thinking "I need to blow the tires off of my car ever street light." I'm super happy with my GT350. I'm even happier big brother is coming back to play. It's fun to be a part of the Shelby family.

Who knows, maybe at the end of the GT500 release they'll be like "Oh we have one more surprise. OWe love our GT350 owners so much that we have decided to give them something truly special. We co-developed a new engine upgrade package that will be available through any certified dealership for a small cost that I think will truly blow your mind. A revised intake manifold and camshaft design will give our GT350 owners an impressive bump in power. How does 580 horsepower and 450 lb ft of torque sound?!" *thunderous applause and cheering from the press*

Okay okay...I'm dreaming :lol:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
maybe at the end of the GT500 release they'll be like "Oh we have one more surprise. OWe love our GT350 owners so much that we have decided to give them something truly special. We co-developed a new engine upgrade package that will be available through any certified dealership for a small cost that I think will truly blow your mind. A revised intake manifold and camshaft design will give our GT350 owners an impressive bump in power.
Let's be honest, Ford Performance did a weak job in terms of working with production to ensure a healthy list of power producing parts. They fail was strong with respect to the GT350. They offered oil separators, an air filter, and a Borla exhaust system. The TracKey, which had code embedded within the respective production control module (and was ready to go once flashed), was never offered. No integration and little planning. Yet from the Focus to the Mustang GT you see a number of emission legal upgrades available from them. None were going to turn the GT350 into a torque monster but it would have been nice to have something available. Hopefully, Ford Performance has worked along side Powertrain during development such that parts will be on the shelves when the GT500 is introduced.

swlacobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 2016 z06 convertable
and two important questions are still unanswered
auto trans?
convertable?

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Let's be honest, Ford Performance did a weak job in terms of working with production to ensure a healthy list of power producing parts. They fail was strong with respect to the GT350. They offered oil separators, an air filter, and a Borla exhaust system. The TracKey, which had code embedded within the respective production control module (and was ready to go once flashed), was never offered. No integration and little planning. Yet from the Focus to the Mustang GT you see a number of emission legal upgrades available from them. None were going to turn the GT350 into a torque monster but it would have been nice to have something available. Hopefully, Ford Performance has worked along side Powertrain during development such that parts will be on the shelves when the GT500 is introduced.
Very goods points as usual, but I would also counter that it wasn't much diffrent for us Boss 302 owners, and to some extent GT500/SVT Cobra owners of years past. Boss 302 parts available included the LS rear seat delete, trackey, LS wheels, and springs, and also the recommended bits for track use (cooling ducts and trans scoop). They do offer cams, but I'd consider that a little beyond the scope of what most people would want to do on a warrantied powertrain. I do recall earlier that supercharger upgrades were offered for the earlier cars, and some items such as Cobra R brakes going way back (they still offer brakes of the halo cars for GTs, etc) No doubt I would like a little more in terms of upgrades, as you said from a power standpoint, exhaust is it (and even how much power increase a modern catback adds is debatable). The strategy always seems to be focused on selling some of the parts from the top dog mustang/focus etc to owners of the "lesser" vehicles....I added GT500 brakes, or GT500 valence and exhaust and put a Boss 302 intake on....etc :ford:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Why is it that it almost sounds like some of you are laughing that u assume the 350 will take a hit? And it is always the ones who don't have a 350 Making these comments.... I paid $50k for m 17 350 and I absolutely love it!! There is no way I am trading in to get 40k and then buy a new $100k 500... Those of us w the 350 love it for what it is and don't care if the prices do drop because we are not selling.... Ur coming off as extremely rude to those of us that have the 350 and love it by basically laughing that u THINK the prices of these will tank... Not cool either way in my book
Welcome to the internet and life in 2018, where people love the idea that someone else might be unhappy. I've noticed the same trend - and basically, those people have no idea what a car-guy is...just look-at-me douchebags who would love the opportunity to be the only one that enjoys something in life.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I have a GT350 and their value will drop depending on the final specs and availability of the GT500. It happens every time on these special edition Mustangs.
Sponsored