For Those who have an A10 GT.....2018-2021

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Think you're giving too much "benefit of the doubt", so to speak. The Mach1 has a lot more to it than just the sum of its parts. That's been discussed to death. Saying "just stick to a GT PP1" is pointless. If you want a Mach1 or GT500 or CS, or a Bullitt, or whatever, that's what you want. Not everything is about the most cost effective or sensible way to hit X performance metric.
Which is exactly what I said in the other post
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Here's a good thread on the A10.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

I had a 2018 PP1 A10. It was overall an enjoyable experience but the transmission was not perfect. Low speed down/up shifts became clunky. Park to gear was jerky at times but outside of that I loved it. It allows you to use all of your power efficiently.

I had it for 2 years but traded it in last year on a 2019 M6 PP1 because I missed having a manual plus the car had all the other options I wanted but couldn't find when I got my 2018.

Gawky77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Orange Fury
My daily is an 8-speed in BMW so we’re used to the smoothness. The low speed clunk was a surprise, but other than that we love the A10.

Gawky77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Orange Fury
I don't own an A10 car, so let me give you my opinion on why it's bad. It shifts for you. Very quickly, in fact. You might even win a race or two because of it. But because it shifted for you, the wins don't count. Ask any real racer.
Just on the phone to Lewis Hamilton to ask him about his clutch pedal...

Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
2020 GT w/ the A10. Zero issues

First time I gave the girlfriend a ride in it, she said "it feels like a Camry, I can't feel it shifting". A quick toggle to drag mode and I now have scars on my right arm where her nails dug in...

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I have the A10 in my 2019. I haven't had any 'issues' with it, other than being half a quart low on fluid from the factory. The only thing that worries me about it, is that it makes the oddest noises I have ever heard from a transmission. Lots of clicks clacks and whining.. its never missed a beat tho lol
On my 2020 I noticed a very light whine when reversing, sounds like gear noise. Never heard that on any other automatics I've had from other brands. Tranny works fine though; I only hate the fact that they have "speed matching" when you downshift with the paddles; my other cars it will downshift and slow down right away, with the A10 the engine revs up to match the tranny and then it decelerates when the PCM drops the engine rpm. So I don't downshift much except on really long steeper downhills (I used to downshift a lot on my other vehicles when approaching a stop light, but on the A10 it seems a waste of time unless I downshift a lot earlier than I would on the other cars.)

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My '18 GT with the 10r80 is a blast. Same issue here, I sold my '03 GT 5 speed and bought the '18 due to bad knees. In normal mode up to about 3/4 throttle or so it will skip 2nd and 4th, at low throttle it will feel like it slips because the programming shifts up early but that's normal. Mine has intermittent rough shifts in sport mode but only at low throttle. At more then 50% throttle especially in sport mode it just bangs the gears with virtually no delays. The software is a learning software so depending how you drive conditions the shifting so if it gets out of whack its just the software, hence the reason for a reset or reflash so it can start to learn all over again..

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
Hello All,

I am bouncing back and forth between a Mach 1 and a GT with Performance Pack and wanted to know more about the A10 as that will be my choice no matter what I get due to being older with some tired legs...lol. In reading some articles about the 18's and 19's it seems that the A10 might have had some issues early on. Has the A10 been problematic at all and is it better to go newer (2020 and 2021) due to any improvements in the transmission?

Thanks!!
I can tell you from experience the 2020 models were still a mess. Mine with Ecoboost was awful, plus I randomly drove a few others both new and used. None were well mannered and one was horrendous. It’s a shame Ford can’t get these right. I dumped the car in frustration.

Sponsored

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
First time I gave the girlfriend a ride in it, she said "it feels like a Camry, I can't feel it shifting". A quick toggle to drag mode and I now have scars on my right arm where her nails dug in...
[/QUOTE]

I think this is why I love the car and the transmission so much. In normal and sport its fun, sounds good, and exciting to drive without really any fear of sliding out the rear or losing control (at least so far for me), put it in track and drag and it feels like a completely different beast. In normal mode it does actually feel like a Camry or any other passenger car, except for the occasional wonky shifting below 25-30 when your not on it.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I just saw a video YOUTUBE review of the Mach 1 with a 6 speed. The driver demonstrated a new "no lift shift' feature where you just keep your foot into it and shift gears with no clutch. I guess this is speed shifting with computer help but it must be tough on the Tremec. I still love my A10 and the factory remote start.

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
I can tell you from experience the 2020 models were still a mess. Mine with Ecoboost was awful, plus I randomly drove a few others both new and used. None were well mannered and one was horrendous. It’s a shame Ford can’t get these right. I dumped the car in frustration.
Note: I have driven a manual since I was 17 (25 years), always 2 door coupes/sports cars

1) That may be your opinion, but you are one of the few.
2) If I bought an eco boost I would definitely go for the manual vs the A10 to enhance the driving experience.
3) In the GT manual would be okay, but I don't need it to have fun with the car like I did with my FBO tiburon. I feel like I would need that engagement with an eco boost.(FYI Stage 3 clutch was worst decision I ever made for a daily driver)
4) How were you driving the car, I've found that when the car shifts strangely its normally because my throttle control isn't normal in low gears (meaning I'm kind of pedaling the car due to traffic at low gear). When I get on it or keep a steady throttle it normally shifts correctly.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I thought I'd never use it ... I was wrong
This. It's situational, If out of town for an extended period of time, you can start it and shut it off from your phone to keep it "stirred up". Not to mention warming up it up, inside and out, before a cold weather commute.
Sponsored