Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Drive both if you get a chance. See what suits you. We can only give our personal opinions, but i'd never go back to a manual now, and this is coming from a die-hard manual guy for 20+ years and after driving the 10R80, i was hooked.

Yes.. the 'driver involvement' is out of the equation, but manual mode is a blast. its also much easier to live with, faster, the drive modes make it much more adaptable to your needs. But on the opposite side, manuals are a dying breed - so you should enjoy it while you can.

Either way, you can't go wrong, but it comes down to what you enjoy. The 10R80 is not your typical slushbox automatic by any means. It's more of a race transmission in daily driver disguise.
I've been driving stick since 1961 That's right 60 years. My 2020 GT is auto and I love it. Outstanding transmission.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
2019 GT A10 zero issues

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hivel....This. Exactly this....lol.
”Because I want to.” is as good an answer as any. I was just wondering if I was missing something.

My favorite mods; so far, are Steeda 2-piece rotors and a set of Forgelines. The reduced unsprung weight changed the ride and handling in a good way.

Best of luck with the new ride.
Cheers,

Bandi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a '19 GT with the A10 and I haven't had any major issues with it since I bought it in August of 2019.

Some minor nitpicks are:

- Bucking while in Sport when downshifting from ~2nd/3rd gear to 1st
- Bucking while in Sport when upshifting from 1st - 2nd, 4th - 5th
- Gear searching/laggy throttle response when cruising in Drive and I decide to hit the throttle a bit

Of course, these are issues that are probably specific to my car. I wouldn't expect these across every single example of a GT with the A10 but others have expressed they experience similar things.

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
The only "issue" I have with mine is that I've trained it to where I let off in the middle of 4th, so the 4-5 upshift is always pretty gnarly. I may try to reteach it, if able. If not, no big.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
My '18 A10 PP1 shifts beautifully. No issues ever.

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I just got my 2020 with the A10 I'm a die hard manual guy but the A10 has changed my mind on that this thing is awesome it shifts so fast and the paddle are fun to. The only complaint I have is if your just casually driving around the transmission feels busy and kinda clunky. But open her up and she rips through the gears without skipping a beat. I feel like the A10 likes to be driven little harder any ways that's were it feels the best.
This couldn’t be more spot on. If I’m cruising around, I feel like it’s screaming at me to punch it, and when I do, wow.

Sponsored

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Not everyone wants a manual or needs track cooling? Some people just want a cool car that's pretty damn fast on the streets.
I think what he’s saying is why pay for the Mach name if you’re going 10R80, just stick with a GT PP1

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think what he’s saying is why pay for the Mach name if you’re going 10R80, just stick with a GT PP1
That's exactly it, people that get the Mach 1 and pay more for it want the special edition, different front and rear looks, interior changes, and all the performance goodies. If you don't care about that stuff then it would be foolish to pay for it.
One Example...Some people but a BMW M235i or some pay more for the M2

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
but if you do track the car and want to have the fastest option around the A10 will be faster around a track and also lets you most likely focus more on the driving.

However with e.g. the auto-blip on the Tremec now at least one part of the equation is taken out.
If you want to have the most performance out of a Mustang GT the Mach 1 with the A10 is the way to go without putting any thought to which is most rewarding etc. Some folks just want to have what gives the most performance. With an updated 10R80 in a car with additional coolers, different EPAS/ABS, magneride tuning, swaybars and springs there is nothing that will be faster or at least as consistent on a track out of the box than the M1 with a 10R80 from a Mustang GT perspective.

For those who don't track they might just want to have the best there is for that given model same for all cars, computers, watches, phones you name it.

More power to folks that do what their soul and heart is telling them and hopefully not buying behalf on what other people think

Last edited:

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That's exactly it, people that get the Mach 1 and pay more for it want the special edition, different front and rear looks, interior changes, and all the performance goodies. If you don't care about that stuff then it would be foolish to pay for it.
One Example...Some people but a BMW M235i or some pay more for the M2
Yeah agreed. If you want the Mach to have a Mach, then do what makes you happy, and if you don’t care, then definitely don’t

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
One thing most people are unaware of is that to get a used Mach I in 5 years for, say 30K, someone has to pay the 55-60K now. It's like that with all new cars and technology. The naysayers will benefit from us that pay the bucks up front, but they are the very people that will benefit from buying the car used in the future.
I, for one, believe the Mach 1 will have better resale than the Bullitt or a regular GT, PP1, PP2 or whatever. The Tremec and the unique parts make the car quite different.
Sponsored