For Those who have an A10 GT.....2018-2021

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
5900 miles, 25 1/4 mile passes and some passes in mexico with my 20 A10 GT.. wouldnt trade it for anything. Zero issues, tons of fun to use the paddles, my wife can drive it and enjoy it and dang does drag mode really change some things.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mach 1 with A10. Came from 15GT manual with MGW shifter.
Even though driving a stick is the best way to own a sports car I will say the A10 is very fun to drive. And FAST as F**K!!!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am very very torn.
I had the A10 on my 18GT and on the GT the performance gains makes it almost as a different car. However I guess having the manual with the 3:73 would make up some of it. Unfortunately the 3:73 are not offered here :(.

I thinking of getting back to into a Mustang a Mach 1 to be more precise.
I know how the A10 was in my car and I am thinking will I go mad if go with the M6 as I will not be able to get the full potential of the car.

I don't mind driving a manual as such I am just worried I will be thinking "I could have even more performance". Yes I do time to time drive my cars very aggressively on the street and I have recently started to drive on road race tracks. It is a handful to operate a manual car when you are near your own limits. Life is a bit easier having the auto-blip though in the Mach 1 and 2019+ GTs

I am still struggling with what are the gain with an M6 am I only considering because it will most likely be the last of it's breed or will it give me something extra.

I guess I am leaning towards the A10 if I do decide to get the Mach 1 and now I have one of the most driver engaging cars with a manual gearbox

Had no issues as such with the A10, the motor and the car in general that is different topic :D

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I am buying the Mach 1 in a stick with the intention of changing the rear axle ratio. 456 is the plan...

Sponsored

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Just like the rest of the car any mass produced device is going to have the odd problem every now and then. But overall its been a good unit. Don't forget its also in the F150, Explorer, Ranger so lots of these things on the road.

I love manuals though been driving them for 20 years, I just wanted an auto for this car. Get one with drag mode it will make you laugh out loud.

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’m honestly curious. Why pay extra for a Mach 1; if you don’t want the TREMEC or the track cooling?

Personally I hope to follow Flyhalf’s lead and track my 2018 GT PP Auto Mag.
Thanks,

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have an ‘18 A10, and I won’t compare it to a manual because that’s more of a personal choice as to what you prefer.

I have had no issues with it, and from what I’ve read here, there seems to be a wide range of experiences with it.

For me, it’s silky smooth in Normal mode, where I can’t even tell that it shifted in many cases, but in Sport/Sport+ or Track mode, the shifts are sometimes very hard. I’ve heard others say they experienced the opposite

Mine has never hunted for gears, but I have heard some say that theirs does.

As has been mentioned, that might be due to the learning mode, and a reset might make them all work the same until driven for a while.

If the Tremec had been available, I might have gotten that, as I generally like a manual transmission with a performance car, but I have not been disappointed by the A10 so far.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I have the A10 in my 2019. I haven't had any 'issues' with it, other than being half a quart low on fluid from the factory. The only thing that worries me about it, is that it makes the oddest noises I have ever heard from a transmission. Lots of clicks clacks and whining.. its never missed a beat tho lol
My A10 is in an EcoBoost not a GT though I'm not sure how much that really matters.
I do agree that it's a noisy trans. Parking for work is in a multi level parking deck. Driving in that deck amplifies the noise a lot. When the top is down I sometimes wonder "what the hell" but it drives great and I can't hear it anytime on the street, just in parking decks...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m honestly curious. Why pay extra for a Mach 1; if you don’t want the TREMEC or the track cooling?

Personally I hope to follow Flyhalf’s lead and track my 2018 GT PP Auto Mag.
Thanks,
Because I want a special edition Car
I like the look better than the 18-21 GT
And coming from a 15GT stick, it's a big upgrade
And all the cool power, suspension, and track cooling is nice to say I have it.

Why do rich people buy Porsche's and Ferrari's?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Because I want a special edition Car
I like the look better than the 18-21 GT
And coming from a 15GT stick, it's a big upgrade
And all the cool power, suspension, and track cooling is nice to say I have it.

Why do rich people buy Porsche's and Ferrari's?
Ditto

I can afford it. Maybe a blower even though I don't need it either. Maybe drag radials. Maybe buy another one with the 10 speed.

Real Americans but what they want.
Sponsored