Sponsored

For those who dislike the PP black wheels, let Ford know!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So much better...

attachment.jpg
Sponsored

289isfine

289isfine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1200R
So much care and though put into the design.....and,
it looks terrific. But, the sportiest version offered only
with black wheels...?? C'mon....

I sure hope the GT350 doesn't end up the same way.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
In a painted a mustache on the Mona Lisa sort of way.

Maybe.
There's so much going on around the hub where the spokes and bolts clash. I think the EB wheels look better with a black finish to hide all of the clutter.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So much care and though put into the design.....and,
it looks terrific. But, the sportiest version offered only
with black wheels...?? C'mon....

I sure hope the GT350 doesn't end up the same way.
This.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4

sgtcentipede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
and I'm just sitting here planning on getting those/similar wheels next year. Would love black on black but prefer glossy to the matte plastidip look.

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
I was one of those who didn't want black wheels. That is, until I saw my Race Red PP. The wheels really set it off. I have gotten lots of comments and without exception, everyone loved the wheels.

mimartin15

Flossy's Mom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle =)
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Prem
For those who dislike the PP wheels being offered only in black, submit your comments or 'like' at Ford Social:

http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/2015-mustang-pp-wheels/

It's the only reason I haven't locked onto the PP, personally. Waiting to see what the take-off market will be like on these wheels. I'm hoping they're quite popular. This was actually a surprising decision by Ford, as the 2011-14 BBP/TP wheels were the most popular Mustang wheels I've observed in a decade, and they were dark stainless...
I didn't want to spend the money on the PP and was disappointed that I couldn't get the black wheels. I'll just have to buy them from someone else (which I probably could've just used that money for the PP....).

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50AP
Didn't like the wheels until I saw them in person. Love them on my race red gt, but do not like them on darker cars.

Sponsored

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
I love the look of black wheels and I have been wanting black wheels (and a car that looks good with them!) for years. I had gunmetal before on a black GTI and that looked good too but I was always jealous of the black rims. I got the PP with my Mustang, after 3 weeks I think I am starting to hate the black wheels... they are crazy hard to keep clean!

But powdercoating rims is $200-400 for the entire set, not a big deal and get whatever color you prefer. I've considering having mine done in matte gunmetal, the same color as the brake dust.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Being from the northern climes, black wheels are what we see all winter. My initial impression when I see them in the spring or summer is that someone was too lazy to switch their tires yet. Plus, with some colors, it is like you see a car with no wheels, just two dark holes in the car, making it incomplete.
For those who don't like the black PP wheels, running winter tires on them for only the few crappy-weather months of the year would be exactly my suggestion.

Buy whatever you want for the other 3 seasons.

Colleton said:
Just wanted to note that in the past, the OEM look wheels that FRPP sells are in slightly different widths than the OEM wheels (Example: 9' from FRPP vs 9.5" OEM), and at least in the case of the GT500 wheels
I don't know what year of FRPP's GT500 wheels you're talking about, but the 18 x 9.5 wheels I bought for my '08 were 9.5" wide just like the OE wheels on the 2008 GT500.

I think somebody earlier also questions why people are trying to make the wheels' aluminum alloy look like anything except aluminum.

Norm

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I love the look of black wheels and I have been wanting black wheels (and a car that looks good with them!) for years. I had gunmetal before on a black GTI and that looked good too but I was always jealous of the black rims. I got the PP with my Mustang, after 3 weeks I think I am starting to hate the black wheels... they are crazy hard to keep clean!

But powdercoating rims is $200-400 for the entire set, not a big deal and get whatever color you prefer. I've considering having mine done in matte gunmetal, the same color as the brake dust.
I can't say this enough...buy a bottle of S100 Total Cycle Cleaner. Spray it on a cool rim and hose it off. Problem solved.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah, but they're still black afterward. :D