Flat tire on 2019

Geo2019

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I got a flat. In a past i would just plug it.
But i can not find jack and wrench. Only inflator with a sealant but as far as i know sealant is not permanent but plug is.

Do i have to purchase jack and wrench? That sucks since there is plenty of space in the compartment.
Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Surprise surprise!! YES YOU DO need to purchase that.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Lots on ebay.

DILLIGAFTXVET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
i just puchased back om 1 July, you guys are saying there is no jack or lug wrench in the car?

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
i just puchased back om 1 July, you guys are saying there is no jack or lug wrench in the car?
No spare. So no reason for jack and lug wrench

Sponsored

DILLIGAFTXVET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
ok i just assumed it had a spare as well. Good to know. I thought using a inflator with sealant was never a good idea because of TPMS sensors??

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
There is a spare tire kit you can get from Ford that comes with a jack and lug wrench. It doesn’t fit the performance pack cars though. Automotive Authority makes a kit for the performance pack cars so I got one from them. Fits under the floorboard in the trunk too.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just a reminder: The inflator kit is to get you to a place where there is a jack and a plug for your tire.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. The sealant supplied will ruin the TPMS sensor plus it can void the warranty on some tires. If that isn't reason enough to buy a spare tire try sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck when you have more than a pin size puncture. I bought a spare tire and jack kit from American Muscle. Fit right in and I added a breaker bar with socket, it gives me peace of mind.

Deleted member 35775

There is a spare tire kit you can get from Ford that comes with a jack and lug wrench. It doesn’t fit the performance pack cars though. Automotive Authority makes a kit for the performance pack cars so I got one from them. Fits under the floorboard in the trunk too.
dang! my 2018 GT Premium (that was t-boned & totaled 5 weeks after i got it) had a jack and spare tire. i just assumed the 2019 included a jack/spare tire in the back. @LetItRide1978 thanks for mentioning a source for the complete kit. i'm going to order a spare-kit ASAP.

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Saw em on fleeBay. But supported American Muscle . If I was to get a do over - I might choose a 5th factory wheel and tire I could rotate in with my square deal. The 50 mph limit tire and wheel weighed in like a regular tire but, with limited use :frown:

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Question: If you have the spare tire kit and change the tire. Is there enough room in the spare tire well to put the 19" regular tire in until it's repaired?
Or just lay it on the trunk floor?

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the full size tire fits in the spare tire well.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got a flat. In a past i would just plug it.
But i can not find jack and wrench. Only inflator with a sealant but as far as i know sealant is not permanent but plug is.

Do i have to purchase jack and wrench? That sucks since there is plenty of space in the compartment.
What size wheels do you have ? I think only an 18" mini-spare will fit into the wheel well, at least securely. And the jack and wrench that comes with the kit doesn't look easy to use.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
+1 for the Automotive Authority wheel/tire, it is the best spare for PP1.
Sponsored