Not open for further replies.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The word is that the rumor is NOT true, they may shut down for a week in August, but they plan on running the rest of the year. They also plan on delivering all the 2021 GT500's that were promised. :clap:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The word is that the rumor is NOT true, they may shut down for a week in August, but they plan on delivering all the 2021 GT500's that were promised. :clap:
I hope you are right, he is now looking for a UAW document to back it up.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I hope its not done for the year. Still waiting for my VIN for my 21 CFTP that I ordered in late april.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Yup, more iPhones got made this month than the entire global automotive industry made cars in 2019.
Personal electronics manufacturers demands will be met first as they have the wallet. Samsung has to uphold production agreements and is having difficulty supplying their own electronics arm with product.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The automotive industry is a minnow in the ocean when it comes to the world semiconductor market....
Not to mention are one of the worst in terms of penny pinching, combined with sometimes ridiculous expectations of suppliers. A bad combination.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Personal electronics manufacturers demands will be met first as they have the wallet. Samsung has to uphold production agreements and is having difficulty supplying their own electronics arm with product.
Great visual breakdown of the two highest nodes (7nm and 5nm):

untitled-1.png

untitled-1 (1).png

Automotive industry is squeezed in with the "Others"...

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I said this would happen a while back, and the people doubted me...
I believed you. I have been saying 2023 for awhile. I don’t know if that’s even realistic now. All the chip manufactures are running beyond designed capacity. The fastest a new plant has been put online is around 18 months.

Not looking good

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
I believed you. I have been saying 2023 for awhile. I don’t know if that’s even realistic now. All the chip manufactures are running beyond designed capacity. The fastest a new plant has been put online is around 18 months.

Not looking good
At least they'll be stateside. Both TSMC and Samsung are looking to open plants in the US.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
At least they'll be stateside. Both TSMC and Samsung are looking to open plants in the US.
Damn straight on that one. This issue is probably one of the biggest issues on the planet.

TSMC produces almost all of Apples proprietary semis. An invasion of Taiwan would make covid look like a joke from an economic standpoint.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Great visual breakdown of the two highest nodes (7nm and 5nm):

untitled-1.png

untitled-1 (1).png

Automotive industry is squeezed in with the "Others"...
When it comes to chips, the automotive industry is a grain of hand in the Sahara.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Damn straight on that one. This issue is probably one of the biggest issues on the planet. China is ramping rhetoric towards Taiwan in a major way. I personally expect war/invasion in the next few years at the very least on the smaller island chains. That Arizona plant can’t come quick enough.

TSMC produces almost all of Apples proprietary semis. An invasion of Taiwan would make covid look like a joke from an economic standpoint.

I am not trying to turn this political. No politics.
I personally don't see them risking it. They invade Taiwan, they'll not only suffer economically with the rest of the world, they risk sparking a direct confrontation with the US. In spite of their sabre-rattling they REALLY don't want that. Nobody wants that. They have more bodies, but we have a hell of a lot more hardware, especially in the areas of aircraft carriers and total air/sea power. That kind of disparity gets messy and nuclear real quick. China would lose strategically. Everyone would lose on the human level.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

Not looking good
The literature i read stated production over all was not going to scale up dramatically, thus meaning you get your shit when we make your shit. LOL. Who knows what the reality is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.