Sponsored

Flat rock may be open for production May 18th

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
I wonder at this point if everybody will stay in the same pecking order of builds??? I was scheduled to be built the week of March 23rd before the shutdown took place. Then just a few days before that all hell broke loose and they shut everything down. So would love to know how this will unfold when they do start up. Iam guessing this kinda screws up lots of different plans for getting these cars built, etc etc.
I can only imagine that Ford will still build in the order that things were in before the shut down. I mean, why the hell wouldn't they do it that way? It would be stupid to change your pattern of work because of this. The process should be the same as if the factory was shut down do to a strike.
Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I can only imagine that Ford will still build in the order that things were in before the shut down. I mean, why the hell wouldn't they do it that way? It would be stupid to change your pattern of work because of this. The process should be the same as if the factory was shut down do to a strike.
One theory that may hold true, Is that customer ordered (priority code 10-19) from the start of the order will be prioritized over retail (20 and up) even if a customer decided to buy a retail order and the dealer changed it to 10-19. Im guessing if that theory is true, its because Ford is aware that some, not all but some not so honest Ford dealerships could create a faux order to get their rep to get the order picked up quicker and I imagine that would be a bigger problem now. We'll see.