Sponsored

First Track Day Done

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Took the 350 out for my first HPDE event this past weekend. What a blast it was! Definitely hooked and can't wait for my next one. After the nerves and rough start of my first session subsided, it was great to feel my self improving, and start seeing what the car can do! The car can definitely do more than I can.

5-Blue - Session 1 (Turn 6) - WS4_5857_Sep1920_852AM_CaliPhoto.jpeg

5-Blue - Session 2 (Skidpad) - WS4_7767_Sep1920_1116AM_CaliPhoto.jpeg

5-Blue - Session 3 (Turn 2) - WS4_9466_Sep1920_134PM_CaliPhoto.jpeg
Sponsored

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
+2

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Awesome to hear it. This car on track is a must for all 350 owners at least once. Confidence inspiring handling and the wail to 8k is hard to beat.

Sponsored

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
I had the same experience with my Vipers. Turned into an exhausting 10-year love affair with road racing. I found it impossible to just do it once. Great way to spend your kids' inheritance. Not gonna let it happen with my GT350. Happy to be a "polisher".

Haas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Had my first ever track event today at eagles canyon raceway. Was an unreal experience. Was in novice group and we did lead follows only because of COVID. I had spent a lot of time on race sims on my computer and had been watching people on boards of the track helped so much. This car was incredible on track. Bone stock and it was flying out there. I even got pulled from my group to run solo follows with an instructor and am getting bumped to the next skill group up next time I go!

already researching harnesses or a new seat because the comfort seats and stock seat belt couldnā€™t keep me still at all! Canā€™t wait to go back and only use the steering wheel to drive and not to try and keep myself upright.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Had my first ever track event today at eagles canyon raceway. Was an unreal experience. Was in novice group and we did lead follows only because of COVID. I had spent a lot of time on race sims on my computer and had been watching people on boards of the track helped so much. This car was incredible on track. Bone stock and it was flying out there. I even got pulled from my group to run solo follows with an instructor and am getting bumped to the next skill group up next time I go!

already researching harnesses or a new seat because the comfort seats and stock seat belt couldnā€™t keep me still at all! Canā€™t wait to go back and only use the steering wheel to drive and not to try and keep myself upright.
If the tracks by you allow 4 points than the Schroth Quickfit Pro may be the way to go. Keeps upper body in place and doesnā€™t muck up the everyday usefulness. As with any harness system make sure you get a Hans Type device for the neck.

Haas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
If the tracks by you allow 4 points than the Schroth Quickfit Pro may be the way to go. Keeps upper body in place and doesnā€™t muck up the everyday usefulness. As with any harness system make sure you get a Hans Type device for the neck.
yea thatā€™s exactly what the instructors recommended to me when we were talking at the end of the day as well. Looks like a good option. Annoying that the install is so much more extensive on the s550 than the last gen mustang. Itā€™s my daily so donā€™t want to get a cage or anything even if that is the ā€˜correctā€™ way to have harnesses. Also considering a true bucket seat.

I also reread my last message and I didnā€™t mean to make it sound like I was hyping myself up so much haha. I meant that even with know some basics this car is so planted an composed on a track you can look really good.
Sponsored

Last edited: