Sponsored

First track day @ Roebling

350Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CY GT350 Track
Was a great weather day this past weekend in Savannah and my E30 race car blew its engine in practice so why not run the GT350 in HPDE4? I couldn't come up with a reason so I flogged it. This session on video had the most exciting slides and traffic but not the best driving.

I was plenty tail happy and seeing if I could blister the tires a little. They held up ok and after 5 sessions I would say the tires are 50% and I have 1900miles so far.

Of note. 1:30 mark where I drag a cobra replica down the straight away and pitch it into turn 1.

Enjoy

[ame]
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Also, I saw you I believe at Silver Dollar Raceway, right? We were with a blue, yellow, silver/blue, and guard S550. I think a yellow BMW was in your entourage, as well. :)

OP
OP
350Dude

350Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CY GT350 Track
Also, I saw you I believe at Silver Dollar Raceway, right? We were with a blue, yellow, silver/blue, and guard S550. I think a yellow BMW was in your entourage, as well. :)
Must of been someone else. Not many Comp Orange's out there but I guess two for sure around the state.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Wow awesome footage and nice driving still though! You know that track pretty well. :thumbsup:

That e30 later on (12:00) nearly lost it but saved himself! :eyebulge:

Sponsored

Kaylan1521

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I'm running Roebling in July. You're more than welcome to come out and show me the ropes on that track. Nice driving

OP
OP
350Dude

350Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CY GT350 Track
Wow awesome footage and nice driving still though! You know that track pretty well. :thumbsup:

That e30 later on (12:00) nearly lost it but saved himself! :eyebulge:
Yea that was awesome I was laughing as I know the guy. I put down a 1:20 which I think on the stock tires isn't terrible. Top speed was 147 breaking at 450. Didn't feel like pushing it but it make turn from 350 probably with stock tires.

OP
OP
350Dude

350Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CY GT350 Track
I'm running Roebling in July. You're more than welcome to come out and show me the ropes on that track. Nice driving
If I'm here that weekend you're on! Hit me up closer and we will set it up!

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Nice driving!!! So what were your overall impressions of the 350 during that event? I would say that you definitely explored the handling and the braking very well

OP
OP
350Dude

350Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CY GT350 Track
Nice driving!!! So what were your overall impressions of the 350 during that event? I would say that you definitely explored the handling and the braking very well
Thanks! I just love to wear out some tires on the weekends.

My take on the car, with the caveat that I've only tracked about 6 different cars and I've only raced 2.

It was amazingly nuetral and very predictable. It drove very flat and stable for the big car that it is. Some of the predictability is the nature of street tires though. Everyone was pretty impressed with the car overall. I loved it and think that it would make a hell of a race car if you have the funds. Braking was very good with good feel, it did get a little squirmy under threshold from 145 but that was likely street tires not the car.

You will notice the weight when braking from high speed and long sustained turns. It hated off camber turns but all you needed to do was throttle steer and it would hook just fine. For anyone serious you have to disable everything to drive it effectively because the stability control (or whatever is on in default track mode) is far too intrusive. Just push and hold the traction control button for 5 seconds to disable. It does need more camber as I didn't change it before running. It's primarily a street car anyway.

Overall I'd give it a 8 of 10 for track ability and only needs real rubber to take it to 9.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: