Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Just...have fun. U wont set records. But u will live a great time. Is hot. So be sure to be hydrated.
Bring a tire pressure gauge.
34-36 psi hot is what you want.
If you can flush brake fluid with a dot4 do it. Otherwise it will be fime anyway. Not a tons of braking.
Did I say have fun??
Feel the car.
Learn it. Dont mod it yet.

Turn 8 will be bumpy.
Here my lap for some reference. I also have one lap with pretty stock car if u need.
Here if u need.
Ale
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yea I’m still 50/50 on going cause I’ll probably have to miss two days of work. I’ve been really wanting to go though. Also I feel like I’ve seen your car around before..
Consideration: since this will be your first track experience, and you are understandably a bit hesitant, you may want to base your decision on whether there will be someone there to provide instruction. If you will have access to an instructor (ride-along or lead/follow being the best option) the experience will be much more enjoyable and useful. Without instruction you may find the experience too stressful to enjoy and/or may develop bad habits. So, if there is not instruction, it may be worth skipping this track day and arranging to attend a future event on more favorable terms (i.e., HPDE).

Just a thought.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
All the advice about advanced prepping of your car has been excellent.

Once on track.....don't try to be fast....be smooth with steering, braking and throttle...take it easy and learn the correct line to drive the track....speed will come later...maybe even at the next track event or the one after that. Remember, you're dipping your toes in the water here....not swimming a race. Get a feel for the car and how it reacts to inputs of steering, brake and throttle....run about 70% of what you think maximum might be. Be courteous and a good driver...check your mirrors before passing zones and let close, faster cars pass by...be sure to give them the point by so you both know what is happening and where. Get someone with experience at the track to ride with you....give you tips and show you the correct line for the whole track.

Most of all HAVE FUN and just enjoy the hell out of the fact that you have an amazing car and the freedom and ability to do something like having it out on a road course track!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Get the track insurance if offered…

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I’ve only done 2 HPDE track days, 1 in my grocery getter Lexus and 1 in my 2020 GT with PP1 and A10 completely stock (videos below). *Read up in the track forum here*
Make sure your brake pads are 50+ %.
Make sure your brake fluid is newer/not dark.
Make sure your tires are good - 75%?
Make sure your helmet is up to date.
Make sure to bring plenty of food/water for yourself, and a lawn chair. Also torque wrench to double check lug nuts.

Be prepared to overheat diff, engine oil, and trans fluid. I did all 3 the first time out on session 3 after lunch when it was 75 degrees out.
Pop your hood between sessions to cool down, and you may even want to bring an electric blower to cool down the rear diff between session.
I ordered 75W140 rear diff fluid, along with exhaust wrap to wrap the exhaust pipe closest to rear diff.
Learn the flags, learn the entrance/exits…If someone ends up behind you, point them by….you are slower. Even though you may be faster on the straights. Leave any ego at home.
I personally watched videos of the tracks I was going on to try and get comfortable with them before I went, and that really helped me.
Have fun! It’s an absolute blast!!! Remember, the most important thing is that you and your car go home in good shape.

Solid advice.

To which I would add:
Be prepared to rotate tires, and check your tires after every session.
Drive as fast as you are comfortable with and in control. It is not a race and there will be no scouts from Team Penske looking to hire the fastest driver.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i have 13k on my Eb plugs, been running cobb ots 1 or 2 for about 6k miles. should i replace them before a track day?
Sponsored