First service

Allan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Took my car in for the first oil change. The dealership that I use has a bay to pull into when dropping of your vehicle. The first thing that they did was to add the paper floor mats and bag the seats. The guy that pulled it out of the bay must have been old enough to know Henry Ford himself. Which was a good thing. He knew what a manual trans was and was very respectful. Oil change took a bit longer only because the filter that they had in stock was damaged and I have to wait for a new filter to be delivered. Still nothing to complain about. As things were finishing up I was informed that my tires we shot and needed to be replaced. I said no way. Show me. And they did. The inside of all 4 tires were worn down to 3/32. I said hell no. Must be an alignment issue. They offered to check it but I was out of time. Two days later I took the car to the Firestone store to have the alignment checked. The toe in the front was out. My question is this. Do I have a snowballs chance in hell at getting a replacement set of tires?

E8BC27B3-76CD-42CA-98A2-D6347A71F882.jpeg
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Please tell us how many miles on your car.
Iā€™m just learning this alignment thing myself as to what all the numbers mean.
Back to your chances of getting a new set of shoes....Iā€™d say slim at best. Ford can say alignment is on you especially if you did something to knock off the alignment. You cannot prove you didnā€™t do anything To cause the problem. They cannot prove you did unless something else is off.
Pending on how you drive, the tires can wear out pretty quick. Iā€™m expecting to replace them every year.
Edit....
Did Firestone set the alignment or not able to based on worn tires?

OP
OP
Allan

Allan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Please tell us how many miles on your car.
Iā€™m just learning this alignment thing myself as to what all the numbers mean.
Back to your chances of getting a new set of shoes....Iā€™d say slim at best. Ford can say alignment is on you especially if you did something to knock off the alignment. You cannot prove you didnā€™t do anything To cause the problem. They cannot prove you did unless something else is off.
Pending on how you drive, the tires can wear out pretty quick. Iā€™m expecting to replace them every year.
Edit....
Did Firestone set the alignment or not able to based on worn tires?

OP
OP
Allan

Allan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Sorry. 1800 miles. I donā€™t expect anything for free. only looking for a decent discount.

Sponsored

feeny1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'21 Canyon Denali LB, ā€˜19 ATS-V
I'm no expert on tires or alignment, but I wouldn't think the toe being .08" out of spec would wear out 10k mile tires at 1800. Do you have any track days on the car? What kind of tire pressure are you running?

OP
OP
Allan

Allan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm no expert on tires or alignment, but I wouldn't think the toe being .08" out of spec would wear out 10k mile tires at 1800. Do you have any track days on the car? What kind of tire pressure are you running?
32 psi cold. Never been on track.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I agree the toe is not that bad to have caused that much wear necessarily but no way will you get new tires for nothing. You could have hit a bump or something to knock the toe out. If I'm not mistaken you have Cup2 tires on that car and they only have 4/32 to begin with so your tires are not actually worn out.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
If I'm not mistaken you have Cup2 tires on that car and they only have 4/32 to begin with so your tires are not actually worn out.
Thanks for that! Kind of changes the way Iā€™ll be looking at this for myself.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I see no issue with those tires. They look just like mine with 2500 miles on them.
I stopped by a buddies house on my way home after buying my new GT350....Heā€™s the shop foreman at a local high end dealership. Almost the first thing that came out of his mouth was ā€œyou need new tires man. How many miles on this?ā€ Had under 200.

OP
OP
Allan

Allan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I see no issue with those tires. They look just like mine with 2500 miles on them.
I stopped by a buddies house on my way home after buying my new GT350....Heā€™s the shop foreman at a local high end dealership. Almost the first thing that came out of his mouth was ā€œyou need new tires man. How many miles on this?ā€ Had under 200.
The measurements tell the tale. 3/32 on the inside. 5/32 on the outside. Thank you for the input. I really do appreciate it. I am only looking for opinions. I will continue to drive it until they are bald.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
The dealership is either ignorant of the tread depth of the Cup 2 tires or they are trying to cheat you. Either way, I would not trust them.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The measurements tell the tale. 3/32 on the inside. 5/32 on the outside. Thank you for the input. I really do appreciate it. I am only looking for opinions. I will continue to drive it until they are bald.
LOL, you're tires are not shot. They are not experienced with Pilot Cup 2 tires at all. They are fine but please educate yourself for 2 reasons.

1) To understand how to properly use these tires
BillyJohnson made a wonderful thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-of-making-bespoke-tires.143076/#post-2959727
BillyJohnson's MotoIQ article:
https://motoiq.com/not-all-michelin-cup-2-tires-are-created-the-same/
2) Educate others who will question your tires (tire bays, dealerships, tag inspections checks)

Please read it. It will make you a better enthusiast and more knowledgeable of how to use these tires in the dry and wet.
Sponsored