Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
This is your GT500 with same mods?
No, I was comparing my 18 gt with a supercharger with the same 20" rear tires and weight. Didn't know the dct was hindered like they are describing. Once they learn the trans, its gonna be insanely quick.

I wish I had a gt500.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
No, I was comparing my 18 gt with a supercharger with the same 20" rear tires and weight. Didn't know the dct was hindered like they are describing. Once they learn the trans, its gonna be insanely quick.

I wish I had a gt500.
Yeah the DCT is what's holding this car back. They should have transmission tuning available soon and then we can figure out what breaks on the DCT first so it can get upgraded to support the extra power. Right now all these shops are dancing around the DCT with big HP numbers but no ability to use all the power.

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yeah the DCT is what's holding this car back. They should have transmission tuning available soon and then we can figure out what breaks on the DCT first so it can get upgraded to support the extra power. Right now all these shops are dancing around the DCT with big HP numbers but no ability to use all the power.
Rumor has it the DCT has been slipping a little bit already with even modest increase in power...

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
So, in a nutshell, it was almost two years after the ZL1 Camaro got in owners hands before one saw 9’s and here we have a GT500 in the 9’s within a couple of weeks of delivery. Awesome, considering the suspension is not optimized for drag racing only.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Rumor has it the DCT has been slipping a little bit already with even modest increase in power...
Where have you seen that? I've been watching this car like a hawk and have seen nothing so far regarding the DCT slipping.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Should definitely be trapping more than 140@945whp. Should definitely be trapping over 140 when hitting 116 in the 1/8 as well.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should definitely be trapping more than 140@945whp. Should definitely be trapping over 140 when hitting 116 in the 1/8 as well.
Yes it should be trapping more but he stated why on FB I'll post it for those who don't have FB or have not seen his comments.
Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 2.01.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 2.01.19 PM.png

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been sworn to secrecy for now.
I'm not surprised if it is slipping. I was hoping it would be alot stronger than we all thought but maybe trans tuning will help hold it together once available.

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm not surprised if it is slipping. I was hoping it would be alot stronger than we all thought but maybe trans tuning will help hold it together once available.
That was the hope from 'said' person- at this point the question is what the initial clutch pressure is at and if it can be increased/manipulated- almost like the GR6 in the GTR.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Clutch replacements in DCT's isn't that uncommon. They've been doing this in the GTR and Lambo world for a while now. It's just going to take a bit to get the upgraded parts made.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Where have you seen that? I've been watching this car like a hawk and have seen nothing so far regarding the DCT slipping.
I've been sworn to secrecy for now.
Ive already stated that something is holding these cars back. They are not running as fast as the HP should do.
Manual shifting is a must for mph.

I have yet to hear for feel.clutch slippage.. ill report back in a few days, but onnits face, that statement is false. Ive been running my car at mpre hp than anyone on the street and its not hiccupped., now over 800.. possibly.. only.Lund would know that.. for right now

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
****Correction ****
Just got confirmation Lund was slipping on the dyno, dont know at what power level

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
What is the stock boost on these gt500’s and what was this one hitting??
Sponsored