5.Oh Crush

Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If any swinging Johnson can get over the top stripes with no limit, this will be a bigger disaster than the very few that Penske couldn't keep up with in the '20 MY.

This will be a disaster of epic proportions unless Ford did something to either change the process or the contractor.
This swinging Johnson wants no part of 10K stripes.

Advertisement

Snoopy49

Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
Makes sense......'20MY ran from around Sept/Oct 2019 to Dec 2020 (thanks Covid!)......to get back on track, the '21MY would need to run from Jan 2021 to Sept/Oct 2021
I was told the Base 2021 GT500 would start production sometime in Feb and the Cup 2 cars would be in Mar/Apr depending on temperatures.

machsmith

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
just as I figured would happen. Ramp up cftp gt500s when the 350r was gone.
Helps those that want one get one, especially for close to sticker or under. Kudos to F.

OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't see anything Ford did as making it easier to obtain a CFTP car at sticker or below. As COVID continues, dealers will be looking to make money anyway possible. And that includes big, fat, juicy ADM's on the premium GT500 model.

machsmith

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't see anything Ford did as making it easier to obtain a CFTP car at sticker or below. As COVID continues, dealers will be looking to make money anyway possible. And that includes big, fat, juicy ADM's on the premium GT500 model.
I do. increasing allocations means, makes it easier. there is a vaccine, it will die down. Then they have guys like me who jumped off bandwagon.
I've been contacted by a few dealerships asking me if I want one. of course I don't even ask them if there is adm because I don't care. I wouldn't even pay under for one.

OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't. Prices on CFTP cars will continue to be stupid high. Guaranteed.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

DougS550

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I do. increasing allocations means, makes it easier. there is a vaccine, it will die down. Then they have guys like me who jumped off bandwagon.
I've been contacted by a few dealerships asking me if I want one. of course I don't even ask them if there is adm because I don't care. I wouldn't even pay under for one.
Nope, their greed to charge more than MSRP was the reason I did not buy one. Just not going to do it.

JR369

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Nope, their greed to charge more than MSRP was the reason I did not buy one. Just not going to do it.
You probably said the same thing about the GT350R. And when you could actually find one for MSRP or less, you didn't exactly jump did you?

DougS550

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You probably said the same thing about the GT350R. And when you could actually find one for MSRP or less, you didn't exactly jump did you?
Nope, after researching the 5.2 having so many issues with oil consumption and reliability when boosting, I decided to buy a fully loaded GT and do the upgrades I actually wanted to do. The name Shelby, Hellcat, Red Eye EtC doesn't do anything for me. I compare $ for $ and go from their. Thanks

Advertisement

50 - Livernois - 1

Advertisement