Sponsored

First 2015 Ford Mustang (s550) Full Prototype on Video! [Updated with V8 Sounds]

zerot

Well there is some kind of light on at the 0:52 mark. Maybe it's the DRLs then?
I think that's just the reflection off of the lights.

Have to see shots of night time testing. That's the only way we might be able to tell unelss they start undressing the nose.
Sponsored

KZStang

Yea I could see it. Lower, sleeker, curvier hips.

We can't tell exactly what's there under the cover but you can tell from this overlay that the roof is much flatter on the concept. There's also much more rake.

attachment.jpg
The Giugiaro is a good looking concept, even if it remains very conceptual in some ways. I would like to see the S550 borrow from its overall shape, lower stance and fastback profile.

2013 GT:
Wheelbase = 107.1
Length = 188.5
Width = 73.9
Height = 55.8

Giugiaro:
Wheelbase = 107.1
Length = 188.8
Width = 77.2
Height = 53

Here are the Giugiaro dimensions compared to the current Mustang.

The way they made this fastback work without overly tall rear quarters (and with no change to the overall length/wheelbase) is to widen and lower the stance. It is almost 4" wider and 3" shorter at its height. The angle of the roofline is much more dramatic than 3 inches as it approaches the window sill however.

You can see from this video how it would drive if it were not a single panel all glass see-thru roof. A very nice open feel to the cockpit. I would love to have this as an option, but that's just me. Almost always garage it so it's less of an issue for me.

BlueVenom

Seems to fit like a glove except for the roof.

As long as they get rid of those hideous lights (front and rear) I would be happy with a S550 version of this concept.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I love the Giugiaro design. If this car turns out to be a production version of that I'd be overjoyed. Does seem to fit well with that overlay.

stangray11

A little italian design influence never killed anyone. But it would look better in black. :thumbsup:

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
^^^^I would buy that in a heart beat!

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
attachmentid=856&d=1372910840v
attachment.jpg

This won't work. In the original camo picture, you can see the roofline through the rear quarter window cover. So the roof is much lower.

RIParker

This won't work. In the original camo picture, you can see the roofline through the rear quarter window cover. So the roof is much lower.
Like I said when I posted it, the concept obviusly has a flatter roofline with more rake than the s550 prototype, but everything else matches up pretty well.

I'm not feeling the guigiaro styling that much but the shape and dimensions look good to me.

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
I'm a little late to the show but I noticed p-zeros on this car and i think the other pics had hankooks.

You guys think this is what we see for the stock v8/v6?

Sponsored

Beastie

Threads
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the show but I noticed p-zeros on this car and i think the other pics had hankooks.

You guys think this is what we see for the stock v8/v6?
Too early to tell. Seeing it on the prototypes doesn't mean much, they can easily swap those out. I would think tho, if we keep seeing the same size tires over and over it's a good sign they wont be downsizing it for the production version. You know, under-promise and over-deliver.

crazyfastfreddy

For me it doesnt matter much since I'll prolly swap them but I think we get roughly the same size/quality tires. With a possibly smaller design and all this MPG crap, I wouldn't hold my breath on much bigger stock ones. Not only will it not look right on a lower/sleekr car, but it'll decrease efficiency.

MustangMarine

I would think tho, if we keep seeing the same size tires over and over it's a good sign they wont be downsizing it for the production version.
Yea the prototypes are usually pretty good predictor of what size tires we're gonna see on the production model. Those P Zeros look like they got plenty of meat to me. :thumbsup:

And even tho I wont be in the market for the 4 cyl model I'm hoping that thing doesn't get some skinny ass tires for MPG sake.

8cyl

Someone at MS spotted it (AmyV6). It's not good quality but at least you can hear the V8.

Which reminds me....

Jarstang, any luck with that video?

It's been 2 whole weeks since the last set.... slacker! :D
Sponsored