Sponsored

First 2015 Ford Mustang (s550) Full Prototype on Video! [Updated with V8 Sounds]

crazyfastfreddy

First post updated with the full version of the clip (additional footage). Enjoy.
Thanks bro U know these photographers?

Funny how the drivers look like hes either filming or flipping them off. Too bad cops didn't pull them over for using the phone, then we get some good interior shots. Woop.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
First post updated with the full version of the clip (additional footage). Enjoy.
Thank you, Sir :)

Haa check the slow mo @ 2min mark.... drivers having a little fun with the photographer looks like they turned the camera on him. :lol:
Yep, at 2:02 that definitely looks like the test driver is holding up an iPhone or similar. The hunter becomes the hunted :lol:

Mriley

I guess that kills the conspiracy theory that this is all one orchestrated media event where the photographers and Ford are in cahoots.

Although I'm sure Ford doesn't mind the free marketing ;)

Krishna

I guess that kills the conspiracy theory that this is all one orchestrated media event where the photographers and Ford are in cahoots.

Although I'm sure Ford doesn't mind the free marketing ;)
Damn right it's free marketing.... i musta watched these vids 50 times and the exhaust sound makes me smile every time. Now we just need to put a face to that voice!!

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Anyone notice in the new video that the prototype in the rain at around the 0:50 mark looks to be running xenon headlights? I know the previous prototypes we've seen all clearly had halogens.

Skow

Threads
Reaction score
Anyone notice in the new video that the prototype in the rain at around the 0:50 mark looks to be running xenon headlights? I know the previous prototypes we've seen all clearly had halogens.
How can you tell? The headlights don't appear to be on and they're obfuscated by all the camo.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well there is some kind of light on at the 0:52 mark. Maybe it's the DRLs then?

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
We're getting 2 door fusion that's all I see, and sadly I'm disappointed by that.

Sponsored

stangray11

We're getting 2 door fusion that's all I see, and sadly I'm disappointed by that.
You have x-ray vision?

Because I can't see crap through the 6 inches of padding and camo.

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Agreed, the S197 is right in the middle of a notch and fastback. While I would love to see a modern '69 style fastback (shameless plug), with modern day proportions it just can't be done right without the rear quarters looking too tall and bulky. Every attempt at it has had massive rear overhang - look at the "retrostang," Iacocca, Giugiaro. It's really noticeable from the side view. There should be some sort of flat deck area to "smooth" it out, unless Ford can find a way to really slim down the car and go with a lower and flatter profile.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Another route is to change the greenhouse to be more lower and more angled, much like the Evos. The Giugiaro did this to some extent and it was about as close as you can get on a s197 body IMO, albeit it had a glass roof to give the appearance of uncompromised visibility.
attachment.jpg

So with a combination of lower, flatter, wider, and a more sloped greenhouse, it can be done on the S550. I'm not holding my breath though. I thnk we get the same body style as the s197.
I think your absolutely right.

The shape and size of what is under all that camo looks flatter and lower like the guigarro. And it has those big hips. I think I remember seeing some renders of that car with a different rear end and nose and thought it looked pretty good.

RIParker

I think your absolutely right.

The shape and size of what is under all that camo looks flatter and lower like the guigarro. And it has those big hips. I think I remember seeing some renders of that car with a different rear end and nose and thought it looked pretty good.
Yea I could see it. Lower, sleeker, curvier hips.

We can't tell exactly what's there under the cover but you can tell from this overlay that the roof is much flatter on the concept. There's also much more rake.

gt side.jpg
Giugiaro Overlay.jpg
Sponsored