Sponsored

First 2015 Ford Mustang (s550) Full Prototype on Video! [Updated with V8 Sounds]

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great video............well done Amy.........that sounded sweeeeeet :headbang:
Sponsored

Krishna

It was? Now I know why spies get paid to do what they do..... ;)

Sounds nice at least.

Jarstang, any luck with that video?

It's been 2 whole weeks since the last set.... slacker! :D
This please.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The video that was taken at Gratten could or could not prove the existence of another engine being used. If the mule was indeed the GT350, we would be able to tell the difference between the video of the '15 GT mule and the Gratten Mustang.

The pics took about 7 days to be released (don't know why) and there was mention of video. Ford can take legal action ya' know... If the video jeopardizes the GT350, I can wait...

StangFX

This might be interesting if we didnt already know what the v8 sounds like.

How much more of this fully camoed crap are we gonna have to endure..... it's feeling like this thing is never coming off.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It was? Now I know why spies get paid to do what they do..... ;)
In terms of quality? No (although providing location details, and saying she'd spotted in coming out of the Roush facility was good info).

But in terms of actually hearing and seeing someone get a kick out of spotting a prototype? Yeah, that was pretty great. Giving the thumbs up and her chuckle at the end made it a nice "personal" spy video.

:)

Oh, and I know that may still not be a production ready exhaust, but it sounded pretty loud.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The video that was taken at Gratten could or could not prove the existence of another engine being used. If the mule was indeed the GT350, we would be able to tell the difference between the video of the '15 GT mule and the Gratten Mustang.

The pics took about 7 days to be released (don't know why) and there was mention of video. Ford can take legal action ya' know... If the video jeopardizes the GT350, I can wait...

Well, as long as nobody at Ford or their suppliers got into any trouble over it, I say bring on the video :)

WRC

Hah its cool seeing someone so excited about seeing a prototype..... but surprised they didn't follow it around a bit. I know I'd miss a lunch or dr's appt for one of these :p

shelby1k

We still haven't seen any videos yet with anything that sounds like a flat plane crank if those rumors are true. We do know the GT is going to sound awesome..... but I'm really looking forward to hearing the GT350 sounds like. Someone needs to camp out of where SVT does its testing.

Kreber50

Threads
Reaction score
SVT MULE

I seriously think that could be the Cobra/mach1/gt350?? Mule. If you look the brakes look like the huge brembos on the one that was photoed, plus it looks to have the same mesh on the hood imo

shelby1k

I think you're right, good catch. You can make out the mesh by the front fender. The hood also looked more bulky than the other prototypes we've seen tho that could the wind picking up the camo.

When I first heard it it did sound a little aggressive for a GT...... and btw doesn't sound like a flat plane crank engine at all to me.

Sponsored

Kreber50

Threads
Reaction score
Shelby1k- yes as soon as I heard about the flat crank rumor I had to laugh a little, I think ford is smarter than to make our mustang sound like a euro car, direct injection anyone???? The coyote already has the bosses cast into the heads for it, plus would make the 475hp for the GT no problem plus better mpg, I don't remember which month it was but I have the 5.0 mustang mag that shows it

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I can't tell on my laptop screen............does the one in Amy's video have quad exhausts out back?

Kreber50

Threads
Reaction score
I'm not sure I couldn't see that either, but I sure could make out the XL brakes and mesh on the hood

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
I think you're right, good catch. You can make out the mesh by the front fender. The hood also looked more bulky than the other prototypes we've seen tho that could the wind picking up the camo.

When I first heard it it did sound a little aggressive for a GT...... and btw doesn't sound like a flat plane crank engine at all to me.
Sounds like a stock GT to me. :shrug: Those brakes do look big tho and I do see some of the mesh on it.

Boss 302 w/side exhaust sounds a lot more gnarly than that, altho yea this vid was taken with a smartphone camera
Sponsored