Sponsored

First 2015 Ford Mustang (s550) Full Prototype on Video! [Updated with V8 Sounds]

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Ford has been getting more and more clever regarding the tails on the Mustang. They did a great job hiding the final design of the '13-14 with some tape and filler material to a point where they didn't even look close. I suspect more of the same. Besides, it's not terribly difficult to design a taillamp that sticks on the car under the cladding and receives the input signals for brake/turn signals to hide the true nature of the production lamps.

I'm happy to see the CHMSL (center high mount stop lamp) finally moved to the top of the rear windshield. I've preferred it there on many vehicles, and wondered if/when we'd see the Mustang have it move there as well. It just begs to question; where will the convertible CHMSL go? My guess is the spoiler.

Also, they need to move the performance model wheels up to 20" sizes. I'm not a huge fan of the larger size, but the cost savings in tires makes it worth the jump.
Sponsored

Maestro5.0

From the looks of it these are
255/40R-19 Pirelli PZero max performance, 19 x 9-in.

Hoping they have staggered option.
(need to fill a wee bit more)
(Boss 302: 285/35R-19 Pirelli PZero max, 19 x 9.5-in.)
Agreed, if that's what the wheel gap is going to look like, staggered would be nice option. I like the matte black look also. Wouldn't mind keep that.

19" are a must on the GT, in my opinon, and 20" as an upgrade. Gives us the option without forcing the extra weight on those who don't want em.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Roof mounted CHMSL:thumbsup:
2015_mn.jpg

Mriley

Ford has been getting more and more clever regarding the tails on the Mustang. They did a great job hiding the final design of the '13-14 with some tape and filler material to a point where they didn't even look close. I suspect more of the same. Besides, it's not terribly difficult to design a taillamp that sticks on the car under the cladding and receives the input signals for brake/turn signals to hide the true nature of the production lamps.

I'm happy to see the CHMSL (center high mount stop lamp) finally moved to the top of the rear windshield. I've preferred it there on many vehicles, and wondered if/when we'd see the Mustang have it move there as well. It just begs to question; where will the convertible CHMSL go? My guess is the spoiler.

Also, they need to move the performance model wheels up to 20" sizes. I'm not a huge fan of the larger size, but the cost savings in tires makes it worth the jump.
Yea Ford clearly isn't ready to show any real parts of this car yet so I wouldn't bet on those tails being real in any way, whether shape, size, or whatever.

Is Ford moving in the CHMSL's for its entire lineup? I know the Taurus has it and was one of the first to do so. Not sure about the others.

Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Yea Ford clearly isn't ready to show any real parts of this car yet so I wouldn't bet on those tails being real in any way, whether shape, size, or whatever.

Is Ford moving in the CHMSL's for its entire lineup? I know the Taurus has it and was one of the first to do so. Not sure about the others.
Taurus and Fusion now have it, and it appears S550 will have it as well.

Deroxas2.0

Then no spoiler delete for the convertibles?

Actually I'm hoping for a spoiler-less look, like that render up there.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197

Skow

Threads
Reaction score

I'm happy to see the CHMSL (center high mount stop lamp) finally moved to the top of the rear windshield.
I've always seen that referred to as an HCBL (High Center Brake Light). It's strange to me that everyone here uses CHMSL. :shrug:

Sponsored

KZStang

Although I've also seen it referred to as HCBL, that is official Ford nomenclature. From their patent filing.

http://www.google.com/patents/US7850349

l-6.jpg
l-8.jpg

I also would like to see them move the third brake light here. Never liked the current location. Could this have to do with the redesign of the rear valance or tail lights? We'll see.
US07850349-20101214-D00000.jpg
US07850349-20101214-D00002.jpg

Kingranch

From the looks of it these are
255/40R-19 Pirelli PZero max performance, 19 x 9-in.

Hoping they have staggered option.
(need to fill a wee bit more)
(Boss 302: 285/35R-19 Pirelli PZero max, 19 x 9.5-in.)
Does any current Mustang comes with those size tires on the s550 prototype? Trying to get a sense of if they just slapped some s197 tires on or if we're getting a preview of what the tires on the 2015 model will be.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Does any current Mustang comes with those size tires on the s550 prototype? Trying to get a sense of if they just slapped some s197 tires on or if we're getting a preview of what the tires on the 2015 model will be.

Brembo optioned GT

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I've always seen that referred to as an HCBL (High Center Brake Light). It's strange to me that everyone here uses CHMSL. :shrug:
I've heard people refer to them as the "chimsel" in discussions. High mount brake lamp, 3rd brake light, etc.