Sponsored

Finally installed the Caliperfexion

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Been busy with other things but I finally installed these. I am so happy that I won't be using the factory bolts ever again.

Great quality part. Install went smooth but I made a little mistake torquing the studs to 8lbs instead if 5lbs. I hope it doesn't damage anything.

Anyways here is a picture.
IMG_20180625_200031-1280x960.jpg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is one of the best mods you can have if you plan to track and regularly change brake pads. Anything Tob has anything to do with is quality. Congrats!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The guys at Ford that pushed for the aluminum knuckle should get more credit than they do. Optimized for both strength and weight, it is the foundation for a stiff wheel hub and caliper mount. I had hoped it would become standard on at least the Bullitt if not the PP2 Mustang and that both would have picked up the GT350 caliper. A radial mount is absolutely the way to go if possible.

What interests me is how much of this architecture will be shared with the GT500. I'm convinced it too will utilize a radial mount caliper, slightly larger than the GT350, along with a larger diameter rotor. What I'm uncertain of is if the exact same hub and knuckle will be used or if those parts will be even more robust than those used on the GT350. Ford will likely use a bolt again as it speeds up the production process and minimizes inventory over a stud/nut/washer setup. All of which makes me happy...:).

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Took a year to get around to mine as well and now that it is done I absolutely love my Caliperfexion studs (with extension sleeves).

The only wish I would have is for the stud nut to be metric rather than SAE. Only nut/bolt on the car that is SAE. VERY minor. Overall, awsome mod.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Took a year to get around to mine as well and now that it is done I absolutely love my Caliperfexion studs (with extension sleeves).

The only wish I would have is for the stud nut to be metric rather than SAE. Only nut/bolt on the car that is SAE. VERY minor. Overall, awsome mod.
Yeah, when I carry tools around for the track and such I almost never carry any SAE bits. I bought a nice SK 12-pt socket for the caliper nuts, and I keep it in a pouch with the extension sleeves. Not the end of the world. Fantastic parts that I am grateful to Tob for commissioning.
Sponsored