Not open for further replies.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My first was an 86 european spec gsxr750.
My first non HD was a CB900 70's.

I just like the V twin, but like you I find every other driver using a cell while driving not very fun.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think my favorite road bike was my 80 1100 Yamaha special. Get on a freeway and look at the speed-o..... 120 plus.

My then race team forbid me to ride motorcycles.

So after my contract I went back to high torque V twins. More fun at lower speeds.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Is 47k not a good deal for a 350? I've been waiting for them to fall below 50k before I get one. I'd likely daily it other than winter. Is it terrible for that? Sorry for threadjack if it is.
It seemed like a good deal to me compared to most of the prices out there. I think GT350s are awesome for dailying. I daily drove mine a lot and put over 30,000 miles on it. I never had any issues and I did get to the track a few times.

They don't need excessive maintenance unless you track them a lot. I think most people don't follow Ford's recommendation for maintenance and still have very few problems.

If you buy a Mach and take it to the track, it will need the exact same maintenance as the GT350. Some things (brakes only as far as I know) are more expensive to maintain on the GT350 than the Mach. IMO the GT350 brakes are worth the money. They are awesome. They are great to use even in daily driving. They have a real immediacy - very little pedal travel and they are working. And they have great feel as well. Basically the best brakes I've ever experienced.

Sponsored

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That the GT350 is extremely unreliable. My 2016 isn't.
I mean no disrespect. I think it’s fair to say a large percentage have experienced engine failures. This forum is riddled with threads related to engine failure.

Not all are unreliable and I hope nobody experiences issues with them. One thing Is for sure— its the coolest Mustang ever IMO.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Post up the numbers for the “large percentage”. Back the statement with actual data. What is that large percentage. If you actually do look for the failure rates you’ll find there in line with others.

I mean no disrespect. I think it’s fair to say a large percentage have experienced engine failures. This forum is riddled with threads related to engine failure.

Not all are unreliable and I hope nobody experiences issues with them. One thing Is for sure— its the coolest Mustang ever IMO.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

Can you be more specific? I have no idea what "a large pertcentage" means.

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Post up the numbers for the “large percentage”. Back the statement with actual data. What is that large percentage. If you actually do look for the failure rates you’ll find there in line with others.
You are in denial. The data is under your nose. The forum is riddled with engine failures as early as 2000 miles. Want me to tag you in every forum post or YouTube video highlighting the countless issues with this motor? I’m good.

I see you own 2 yourself, so obviously you’re gonna be defensive. I’m not here to argue, I’m here for the camaraderie. I wish you all the best with your cars including reliability.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
ya know what would be really cool is to find a gt350 with a blown motor throw a gen 3 coyote in it and just enjoy a problem free life with a totally awesome chassis.

BryanCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 2007 GT3
If you want a 350, buy the best one you can afford. Three owners would not keep me from buying but there are better examples available. And don't settle for a lesser model just because others made that decision for there own reasons.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
49k miles and 3 owners. I wouldn't do it.
This.

If I were to date some broad, and she told me she hooked up with 3 dudes in the last 49 months. 👀
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.