Sponsored

Fighter Jet Grey vs Iconic Silver

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There are far too many boring black white red and silver cars on the highway. I think they are all hondas, toyotas and nissans and mercedes, lexi and they all look the same.

For the MISinformed that tell you FJG is played out and that cumstained ochre or shit brown is the best because it is rare...yeah...no! FJG is the way to go, especially if it's a 2021. The argument that there are too many out there holds no water since only 5000 (rough estimate) were produced and some 2000 are FJG. That is a helluva small number of mustangs total. If you are buying this car to put it away (shame on you) the FJG is the collector's choice. Hey, I would LOVE a forest green Diablo, but it is the red one that sells.

Seriously though, there are some that would buy shit brown if there were only 100 produced, not because they like it, but because they THINK it will be worth more. If you track your car, it wont hold value. If you DD your, it wont hold value. If you mod your car, it wont hold value. Buy it and saran wrap it as soon as you get it, box it up and put it in a barn for 50 years. Dont even look or think about it. Then it will have resale value.

And for the chuckleheads who dont get sarcasm (all you GT PP2 or less) drivers...whoosh!
so the conclusion is Twister Orange is the best color :D
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
All I would say is, if you have an opportunity to see both colors in person, do it - you're not going to be driving a picture. I test drove a FJG and it just didn't do it for me. Part of it was that I really liked the red pinstripe on the white, black, or silver cars better than orange trim. Then was choosing between black and iconic and looked at two of them on a lot next to a velocity blue and a race red (all GT's or EB's). It was a nice sunny day and the silver definitely stood out to me more than the other three colors. I also would have considered white but like metallics so silver it was. Now having had it for a while the only way I'd have chosen another color would have been if ruby red from my 2018 had been available.

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
I currently have a 2022 on order (no Vin yet) 700A, with HP package and Mach 1 appearance package. I'm starting to second guess color choice. Has anyone else had this debate in their head? What did you choose? Are you happy with it?
I can understand your dilemma, I had some similar thoughts.
How I came to get the FJG was because it was the first picture of a 21 M1 that I saw and it really struck a cord for me. Luckily I am at a place in life where purchasing one is not a challenge and a dealer 90 miles had two FJG, loaded, non HP on the showroom floor, MSRP + $500 admin, only difference was one had Recaro's. True, the admin sucks, but an extra $500 when I am already going to pay out $60K, where do I sign. If admin was $5K+, I would have passed.
Getting my drivers permit in 1979 and license in 1980, the 1979 Mustang Pace Car was the dream car of a 16 year old at the time. Never came to be. Fast forward 40 years, I now have a new dream car. The FJG, orange accents on seats, calipers etc. did it for me.
Then I saw some pictures of the iconic silver with red calipers and I had to stop and pause, that is a beautiful combination too. I had to ask myself should I have searched out a M1 with that color combination? No, no regrets, I would do the FJG again.
Bottom line, get what YOU like for YOUR OWN reasons.
1637234574345.png

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
My Mach 1 was Iconic Silver. I really didn't like any of the color choices, but I was very happy with my choice of Iconic Silver. I never really liked the grey. It really works especially with the striping.
If a M1 is your choice, Iconic Silver is a very good color!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Had one, loved it, one of the many cars I should have kept.

On topic, it would be Iconic for me on a Mach, looks great with the red stripe accents.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My Mach on order is Iconic Silver, but I like the FJG it looks better in person.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Both look good in their own ways. I went FJG specifically for the appearance package. Love the orange Brembos.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Fighter Jet Grey or Iconic Silver. Looks like a thread on M6 vs A10 except in color.

I went from a 2013 Ingot Silver to a 2019 Magnet Grey, and had the choice of Ingot Silver. I regret not going Ingot Silver, but I still love my PP2. Velocity Blue would have been my first choice though.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
The Mach 1 body shape showcases pretty much all colors in one fashion or another. Just like you, I could not make up my mind either. I loved the Comp Orange so I originally went with the twister orange but then changed to velocity but wasn't sure as the website photos do no justice. After debating my decision over and over and seeing the FJG in person it was a done deal for me. Good luck with your decision! There is no wrong color.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Grabber Yellow is clearly the way to go, as myself and the other 23 people who ordered it can attest
There's something about metallic colours like VB or IS... when you caress her up close it sparkles back on you. Grabber Yellow or FJG are not that kind of colour, pass for me.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
There's something about metallic colours like VB or IS... when you caress her up close it sparkles back on you. Grabber Yellow or FJG are not that kind of colour, pass for me.
Every car I've had has been metallic, so I'm excited to switch it up with a solid color.

Honestly other than all of the nardo-gray imitations I mentioned earlier, there are very, very few vehicles nowadays that come in non-metallic colors. My car is 100% going to stand out in a sea of meh. My only problem is I'm not sure if that's a totally good thing, but I bet the Oklahoma Highway Patrol will answer it for me one way or the other 😅

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
FWIW, probably the thing that I have gotten the most compliments on is the red stripe. Was just on the way home from the store and got a call from my eye doctor, who is also a car guy. He says "are you driving on (x) road?" Yep I was, he was coming the other way. He said he knows nobody else in the area has a Mach 1, much less a silver one, and this was the first time he has seen it. He said looks great, LOVE that red striping! Have had several people say the same thing.

OP
OP
Aresek44

Aresek44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang, 2010 Ford Fusion, 2022 Mach 1 HP
The Mach 1 body shape showcases pretty much all colors in one fashion or another. Just like you, I could not make up my mind either. I loved the Comp Orange so I originally went with the twister orange but then changed to velocity but wasn't sure as the website photos do no justice. After debating my decision over and over and seeing the FJG in person it was a done deal for me. Good luck with your decision! There is no wrong color.
So did you end up going with FJG or velocity?

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
So did you end up going with FJG or velocity?
Yes, I guess I kinda left you in suspense didn't I? The FJG was is so unique to me in a different way from the rest. I like the way everything came together in the pkg which really sets off the orange calipers.
I know exactly what you are going through decisions, decisions.
Sponsored