Fighter Jet Grey vs Iconic Silver

Aresek44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang, 2010 Ford Fusion, 2022 Mach 1 HP
I currently have a 2022 on order (no Vin yet) 700A, with HP package and Mach 1 appearance package. I'm starting to second guess color choice. Has anyone else had this debate in their head? What did you choose? Are you happy with it?
Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I currently have a 2022 on order (no Vin yet) 700A, with HP package and Mach 1 appearance package. I'm starting to second guess color choice. Has anyone else had this debate in their head? What did you choose? Are you happy with it?
Colors are of a personal choice. Your color has is one of the most popular. Always something to keep in mind before choosing and resale down the road.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Oh man

I'm a fan of most of the colors (MY '21). I ended up with Grabber Yellow, because I will never, ever, have any problem locating my car in a parking lot! And it's a nice throwback to the gen 1 Mach 1, which is when it was last available. I also think Velocity Blue was very pretty in the sun, and a clean Iconic Silver can look pretty amazing, too.

FJG is neat mostly because of the unique orange accent color, and because it clearly stands out as being the Mach 1 exclusive color. That said, my controversial opinion is that it tends to subdue the lines of the car, and unfortunately, the nardo-ish gray scheme is super played out- I've lost track of the number of flat grey Rav4's I pass on the way to work each day, and really, the following image is worth 1,000 words

1637201046621.png

If I was ordering a MY'22, I would be torn between the FJG, Grabber Blue, and Eruption Green. I'm pretty sure I would end up ordering the Grabber Blue, but I would like to see the green before I did so

OP
OP
Aresek44

Aresek44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
If I was ordering a MY'22, I would be torn between the FJG, Grabber Blue, and Eruption Green. I'm pretty sure I would end up ordering the Grabber Blue, but I would like to see the green before I did so
I agree the nardoish grey is definitely the popular color among a lot of manufacturers. FJG is still a cool color. I want a grey/silver car but I just wish the FJG has some metallic to it which is why I'm thinking Iconic silver. Was originally going to get twister orange but that isn't available for 2022 unfortunately.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Tough decision. I think iconic silver is maybe the best ford silver Iā€™ve seen. I went with FJG and am very happy with it. If both colors were dead even in your mind I would suggest FJG only because itā€™s unique to the Mach 1. Im really glad I wanted FJG from day 1 so I didnā€™t have to worry about this.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
race red.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
It came down to white, silver or FJG. I've read here that 40% of the cars are FJG. Then heard the same color is called a different name and used on other Ford vehicles. I wasn't excited but could live with the orange stripe and calipers. I'm an older guy and didn't like many of the more flashy colors. Eruption Green was a nice surprise but in the end, I didn't see it on any vehicle and thought a one year color might not be a good move. In the end went with silver. Happy with my choice after seeing it and think it is a nice fit with the red and black stripe.

OP
OP
Aresek44

Aresek44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
It came down to white, silver or FJG. I've read here that 40% of the cars are FJG. Then heard the same color is called a different name and used on other Ford vehicles. I wasn't excited but could live with the orange stripe and calipers. I'm an older guy and didn't like many of the more flashy colors. Eruption Green was a nice surprise but in the end, I didn't see it on any vehicle and thought a one year color might not be a good move. In the end went with silver. Happy with my choice after seeing it and think it is a nice fit with the red and black stripe.
Interesting that 40% of the cars are FJG, but makes sense. You are correct, I spoke with the head engineer for the Mach 1 at Ford Nationals in Carlisle 2021. Fighter Jet Grey and Cactus grey are the same color.

PacificaLars

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I went with the silver and after seeing a FJG car at the dealership when I picked up my car, I was glad that I went with the silver.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Silver cars look nice when they are new, but the older they get the more washed out and bland the silver looks. This is coming from a guy who had a couple of Silver cars before.

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Silver cars look nice when they are new, but the older they get the more washed out and bland the silver looks. This is coming from a guy who had a couple of Silver cars before.
For years Iā€™ve felt the same, but awhile back I realized thatā€™s just because people take shit care of their cars/paint. If you do things like wax/cerrakote and donā€™t let it bake in the sun I bet it will look nice 50 years down the roadā€¦.if we are still around then šŸ˜‚

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
My GT is Iconic and I wouldn't change a thing.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Colors are of a personal choice. Your color has is one of the most popular. Always something to keep in mind before choosing and resale down the road.
In the UK, looking at the websites, I would guess >50% of Mach 1's are JFG. It's by far the most popular choice in Britain. It's just a matter of personal taste. I wanted something less popular, so went with Velocity Blue.

19Ingot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT PP1 A10
I know its not the same, but I have an Ingot Silver '19 GT PP1 and I absolutely love it! I wasn't even looking for a silver GT but the dealer gave me a great deal so I went with it and I'm very happy I did. The silver really accentuates the lines and angles of the car and looks great in all lighting. I'm sure the Mach 1 appearance and handling package would look great on silver, and of course one of the best things is the metallic silver always looks clean even when a little dusty and dirty......Not that silver is at all unique, but it might be nice to be a bit different among the Mach 1 crowd, just because so many are FJG....Good luck, I love FJG so I feel ya, that's a tough decision but a good one to have lol

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
There are far too many boring black white red and silver cars on the highway. I think they are all hondas, toyotas and nissans and mercedes, lexi and they all look the same.

For the MISinformed that tell you FJG is played out and that cumstained ochre or shit brown is the best because it is rare...yeah...no! FJG is the way to go, especially if it's a 2021. The argument that there are too many out there holds no water since only 5000 (rough estimate) were produced and some 2000 are FJG. That is a helluva small number of mustangs total. If you are buying this car to put it away (shame on you) the FJG is the collector's choice. Hey, I would LOVE a forest green Diablo, but it is the red one that sells.

Seriously though, there are some that would buy shit brown if there were only 100 produced, not because they like it, but because they THINK it will be worth more. If you track your car, it wont hold value. If you DD your, it wont hold value. If you mod your car, it wont hold value. Buy it and saran wrap it as soon as you get it, box it up and put it in a barn for 50 years. Dont even look or think about it. Then it will have resale value.

And for the chuckleheads who dont get sarcasm (all you GT PP2 or less) drivers...whoosh!
Sponsored