Sponsored

Feedback Requested on Current/Future Mods

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If theres anything this world isn't short on, its opinions and feedback. I'm closing in on completing my 'wish list' of all mods that have been installed or purchased and waiting to be installed and I'm curious on the forum's feedback on what I've done and anything that may be missing.

As for what I want to "do" with the car, its a garage queen at this point. Its a 3rd vehicle and I put roughly 100-150 miles a month on it on average. I do plan on doing some track days but no AutoX or drag racing. I've owned several Mustangs in the past and once ran a now defunct Mustang club in the North Bay of California. Basically this is my mid life crisis car and my chance to do everything I never could afford to do as a kid. Since my wife and I cruise on the weekends in it when the weather is nice, I have been trying to strike a balance for "bang for the buck" without introducing crazy amounts of NVH. Thus far I've been successful on that front. Without further ado, here's my mods list. Note this includes everything that has either been done or will be completed in the next two weeks (parts already purchased):

Appearance:

GT350 track spoiler, steering wheel, shift knob, Enkei Raijin 19" wheels

Drivetrain:

Ford Performance Supercharger, Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Half Shafts, QA1 Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, Ceramic Shorty Headers, Magnaflow "Foose Edition" Catback

Suspension & Brakes:

Ford Performance Track Handling Kit, Steeda Stop the Hop Kit, Steeda Vertical Links with Poly Bushings, Steeda G Trac Brace, Steeda Camber Bolts, Baer Eradispeed 2 piece rotors front and rear, Steeda Stainless Steel Brake Lines

I also replaced the stock Pirelli P-Zeros with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I did retain the stock performance pack staggered setup and wheel/tire sizes.

Had I to do it all over again, I probably would have bit the bullet and gotten longtubes. I also likely would have gone to 305s in the rear. Beyond that, interested in everyone's feedback on what is good, what is bad, what is dumb, what should still be done, etc.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's your car. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

If you can afford to throw all that money at your car, then if something goes wrong you can afford to have it put right.

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
That's A LOT of mods! I would say get a F150 Raptor(the same color of course) to trailer it because all your gonna want to do is cook tires off it, LOL.

My question would be? What else could you do short of major engine work to hit 1000HP? I would focus on drive-ability mods, unless your going for a track car 100%.

OP
OP

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for the feedback all. Honestly I'm just looking for the "I can't believe you did all this and forgot this one little thing" :) There may be nothing.

I do like the Raptor idea, but I'm gonna be ordering an Edge ST here as soon as the performance brake package is available

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for the feedback all. Honestly I'm just looking for the "I can't believe you did all this and forgot this one little thing" :) There may be nothing.
Looking at the list I can't tell if you have a rear subframe lockout kit.

Frankly I would have swapped out rims and gotten the widest, stickiest rear tires available. If you are all road course and street the 4S are a good choice, but with your power level it would be preferred to have more grip. Tires are temporary, though. You will wear out yours soon enough! :D

Sponsored

OP
OP

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Looking at the list I can't tell if you have a rear subframe lockout kit.

Frankly I would have swapped out rims and gotten the widest, stickiest rear tires available. If you are all road course or all street the 4S are a great choice, but with your power level it would be preferred to have more grip. Tires are temporary, though. You will wear out yours soon enough! :D
The only thing I haven't done as far as the IRS bushings is the differential bushing inserts. The "stop the hop" kit I have is the enthusiast one that does have the lockouts for the subframe bushings as well as the IRS alignment kit and the IRS braces.

Agreed about the wheels and tires. I didn't decide to supercharge until after I'd already bought and installed them, so at least for now I'm kinda stuck. For what its worth its a significant upgrade over the P-Zeros

OP
OP

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That looks like it would be a great street setup and plenty of fun to drive!
I haven't encountered anyone else who has the MF "Foose Edition" catback. Love the sound!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'd return the BBK headers. I just think anything BBK is relatively sub par quality. And you get no benefit from them except for a slight change in exhaust tone since they're 4 - 1 design.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I basically have the same build in the same color... just subtle differences in some of the brands and a few appearance items.

You could throw the Roush P2 supercharger upgrade at it and a custom tune... pretty basic to do and makes a big difference in output.

PM me if yoiu want more info on my build... would like to see pictures of yours as well.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Turn the SC way down (largest pulley) and go drive it at the track.
Focus on having fun safely and dont try to be fastest, just have the most fun.
This will increase enjoyment of all mods x10.
Sponsored