GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium
Hey Mustang 6G Forums,

This one is for the Ecoboost owners, and I’m getting ready to spend some money after this Quarentine stuff is over. Bone stock at the moment. Thoughts on this setup?

- AirRaid Intake
- Mishimoto Intercooler (no upgraded chargepipes. Is it worth $200 extra?)
- MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Y Pipe - *Street Version* - (What is the difference between this one, and the Magnaflow Competition Catback exhaust? Why are they $500 apart?)
- CVF 3” Downpipe
- Catch Can, of Course (i’ll research the best)
- Pro tune from PD Tuning

Thoughts? Things to watch out for? Mistakes? - Any and all feedback and knowledge is appreciated!

Links:
Downpipe - https://www.cvfab.com/products/cvf-...ess-downpipes-for-14-18-ford-mustang-ecoboost
Exhaust(s) - MBRP - https://www.americanmuscle.com/mbrp...VNT6tBh3xlwxqEAQYAiABEgLgyvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
magnaflow (for some reason $500++) - https://www.americanmuscle.com/magnaflow-street-catback-2015eco.html
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
air raid intake- meh. stock is fine- intake is just going to be all show, no power. stock has best power. its all speed density which means zero impact on anything or tune. Just buy the one you like the most visually. Open intake will sound louder, closed/sealed will be same as stock.

intercooler - id go CVF or CPE myself. Not a fan of mishimoto. - I use a cpe street myself
Downpipe all of them are good, but you need a tune.
I have a ford performance catch can, aesthetically it looks stock and I like it.

OP
OP

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium
air raid intake- meh. stock is fine- intake is just going to be all show, no power. stock has best power. its all speed density which means zero impact on anything or tune. Just buy the one you like the most visually. Open intake will sound louder, closed/sealed will be same as stock.

intercooler - id go CVF or CPE myself. Not a fan of mishimoto. - I use a cpe street myself
Downpipe all of them are good, but you need a tune.
I have a ford performance catch can, aesthetically it looks stock and I like it.
Hell yeah. I’ll do an open one then. - Roush too expensive, or? - Thoughts?

What makes you not a fan of mishimoto’s? - Should I get charge-pipes?

And yes, I’m definitely getting pro tuned.
- Any info on the exhaust pricing question I listed? You know more then me, so maybe I’m missing something!

Thank you for always helping me out

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't recommend Roush either (over priced for the "look" reason), for me I run on air aid intake tube and kn drop-in, That works very well for me (waiting to see till I get a tune).
Jason from CVF is extremely easy to work with, (and replies to PM SOO fast...) I got the catted down pipe, and heard people said tons of good feed back on its IC. I'm getting the race version (500$ bigger and better than mishimoto's and cheaper...) after this thing is over.
I asked Jason about the charge pipe and he said other than easier installation and better look under the hood, not much else.
But it seems like yr going for the look, I suggest you the CVF as well. (Fan of CVF here...):rockon:

Sponsored

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Open you might lose like 2-3 hp. but it makes the swoooosh sound being open element, I just don't care about mishimoto quality, google reviews on their intercooler etc, you find some positive, and quite a few bashing quality.

I do know CVFab / Jason representative make a quality product really. I am a CP-E fan myself, I have the CPE street. I slid that bich right up through under the bumper. tight fit but it worked.

Another thing you'll see is "street vs race intercooler" I daily drive mine on road, I do pulls here and there on highway etc, anyway my street is just fine, I read going from street to full, its a lot colder air, but you could lose a little bit of psi (slightly) because its a lot more air to have to recharge)/pressureize)

all the reading I did, I decided street was for me, but you may want balls to the walls cooling and go with race. just read up on both, but id push you towards CVFAB/CPE myself.

I personally have a CP-E intake, its sealed, but it does let some sounds through, very small gaps, I only bought it because it looks dope as fuck!. I have cold and hot charge pipes, it matched their cpe intake, same piping. I will post my pics.

but charge pipes are not needed imo. swap out the intercooler, leave stock charge pipes unless you just feel like dropping $. I got a new BOV charge pipe set though, (HKS)

You will see my catch can, its the little box beside the strut/under the strut. its ford performance, I dig it a lot.
haven't emptied it yet, but it feels sturdy as hell. Very pleased with fit and finish

I cant comment on Downpipe, other than they are probably all the same functionally, you'll need a real tune. I have ford performance tune, so I cant use a catless downpipes. honestly though, reading up, people often say they wished they had kept the stock cat exhaust.. the gas fumes, at lights etc, common complaint I read about.
IMG_3667.jpg
IMG_3677.JPG
IMG_3668.JPG

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Its expensive, but it was fun. I will list the main parts up.

1. ford painted my engine cover, $100 bucks local ford shop. Paid 15 bucks for matte black vinyls from place online, floats me right now.
2. CPE hot + cold charge pipes, + HKS bov. (don't remember, got a deal though)
3. CPE intake 300
4. Ford performance catch can. 200
5. Strut tower covers, 15 dollars.
6. Strut bar + the firewall brace, CJPP got that for 140 bucks shipped.
7. Got the fender extension things for 90sh bucks from American muscle, it was listed like 129, but I called said I wanted it, but didn't want the price. (downfall, in like 3-4 places it does make contact w hood and chips paint some) I got adhesive backed felt, and just put little squares on the hood so when it closes, doesn't rub paint to plastic.
8. Brake cylinder cover, like 45 bucks either CJPP or American muscle, cant remember.
9. Coolant cover, also like 45 bucks from CJPP or American muscle. cant remember.

I am big into my local car scene, and they have a lot of little shows/hangouts groups etc, so I just went all out and prettied up the bay. Was fun for winter.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
OP, what do you want to do with your car? Just drive it and have neat bolt ons or are you going to strip or track it?

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Its expensive, but it was fun. I will list the main parts up.

1. ford painted my engine cover, $100 bucks local ford shop. Paid 15 bucks for matte black vinyls from place online, floats me right now.
2. CPE hot + cold charge pipes, + HKS bov. (don't remember, got a deal though)
3. CPE intake 300
4. Ford performance catch can. 200
5. Strut tower covers, 15 dollars.
6. Strut bar + the firewall brace, CJPP got that for 140 bucks shipped.
7. Got the fender extension things for 90sh bucks from American muscle, it was listed like 129, but I called said I wanted it, but didn't want the price. (downfall, in like 3-4 places it does make contact w hood and chips paint some) I got adhesive backed felt, and just put little squares on the hood so when it closes, doesn't rub paint to plastic.
8. Brake cylinder cover, like 45 bucks either CJPP or American muscle, cant remember.
9. Coolant cover, also like 45 bucks from CJPP or American muscle. cant remember.

I am big into my local car scene, and they have a lot of little shows/hangouts groups etc, so I just went all out and prettied up the bay. Was fun for winter.
Ford dealers do that? That's quite amazing. How do you keep it clean? Very time when it comes down to washing my bay I just worried I can mess some thing up in the process...
Sponsored