GT500 axleback on an EcoBoost

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
JFC, could we work some bailing wire in the mix somewhere just to make it as Hill-Billie as possible? To fix it properly would mean cutting and reterminating the connector, but it's nearly impossible to find those connectors. They aren't DTM's or Weatherpak's.

There's a short jumper harness from the car main harness to the mufflers. You need to go buy a replacement. I think they're about $50.
It’s under the car, nobody will see it. Plus the body won’t rub through the silicone. Just offering a suggestion for an easy at home fix if OP doesn’t want to wait for a new harness. Black gorilla tape just acts as an extension of the heat wrap that Ford left too short IMO. If done properly won’t look out of place at all
Sponsored

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
It’s under the car, nobody will see it. Plus the body won’t rub through the silicone. Just offering a suggestion for an easy at home fix if OP doesn’t want to wait for a new harness. Black gorilla tape just acts as an extension of the heat wrap that Ford left too short IMO. If done properly won’t look out of place at all
I appreciate the suggestion, but a tech at my work fixed it under warranty, part was quick to get here as a nearby dealer had some. everything is all good now

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
everything is all good now
519.png

i had this horrible squeaking sound and i thought for sure the valve was just a bit sticky. it was enough to disable exhaust modes until i did the relearn thing (let vehicle go to sleep, go to accessory mode and wait 20 seconds, turn off and let it go to sleep again, turn on engine) and would repeat every restart. i gave it a fair bit of WD40 and nothing changed. turns out, the actuator itself was bad.
video of the sound the actuator was making, it was pulled off the exhaust

swapped both actuators for the ones off my old mufflers and everything works perfect now
Sponsored