AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I had a slow day at work so I ran by the Chevron on 48th street and tested the ethanol. It was measuring right at 50-54ish. Pump was running normal, not slow, so maybe they've refilled the tank since you gassed up yesterday. Or you might have a completely unrelated issue...
Cool thanks for the feedback. Could be unrelated. The generic misfires I get. Those can be thrown for any or no reason. The others are a pretty random combination though...
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
So drove from the office to the gym maybe about 12 miles. No new codes from reset this morning. But its running like crap, super rich with afr barely above 10 at some points. It actually stalled out on me at a red light. When I get out of here in a bit the engine should have cooled off by then so will check out the maf and the filter and see if anything out of sorts. Was hoping to just run out the fuel on light throttle over the week but may be something else. Maybe a sensor went faulty even... :headbang:

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
"Happy" to report had nothing to do with the fuel. Which I'm glad since that is a very convenient and consistent spot for ff. Turns out a !@#$% pest of some sort (mouse maybe?) invaded my garage and chewed through the brake booster vacuum causing my issues. Found that it chewed through the bottom of the garage door at the rubber seal as well. What a little bastard lol. Only lived at this location a couple months first report of this kinda thing I have heard. On a new build termites could be a thing but surprised about this kind of pest.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Didn't think we had to worry about that stuff in Az. I hear of other people in the midwest or back east having engine compartments ransacked but not here. Crazy since you DD your car so it wasn't sitting for an extended period of time. Glad it wasn't the fuel. I just gassed up there this morning!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Didn't think we had to worry about that stuff in Az. I hear of other people in the midwest or back east having engine compartments ransacked but not here. Crazy since you DD your car so it wasn't sitting for an extended period of time. Glad it wasn't the fuel. I just gassed up there this morning!
Ya hadn't even considered this as a possibility!
Now that's solved (and knowing the cost incurred) jumping on some tax day sales probably from Beefcake. Getting some new half shafts in preparation for DRs and hopefully eventually FI :)

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm jealous... convinced the wife I needed the flex fuel tune for now to hold me over for a while. Have to pay for one kids college and for my baby on the way before i can go twin turbo. I made a bet with her though... if my baby girl ends up saying twin turbo before she says Kate spade I get the tt kit. If not my wife gets three new purses. Really hoping I win this one!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm jealous... convinced the wife I needed the flex fuel tune for now to hold me over for a while. Have to pay for one kids college and for my baby on the way before i can go twin turbo. I made a bet with her though... if my baby girl ends up saying twin turbo before she says Kate spade I get the tt kit. If not my wife gets three new purses. Really hoping I win this one!
Man that's a risky one!! Start coaching early and often...

TT! Your going big! I'm leaning towards just a little p1x stage 2. But regardless at least we have ff to hold us over !

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the a10 is crazy fast on it's own but my mt82 will need the extra boost to keep up...

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Glad nothing too serious. Have heard of some people in my neighborhood with similar occurrences, but generally with vehicles that are parked out on the street, not garage parked.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Glad nothing too serious. Have heard of some people in my neighborhood with similar occurrences, but generally with vehicles that are parked out on the street, not garage parked.
Nowhere is safe!!! Lol thanks though. In all honesty now need an exterminator to check out my garage. Then need to seal up the bottom of the garage door. Car is not going back there until it's fully checked out!

Sponsored

ComeIngotIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT PP1
I think Im going to go ahead and dive into a Lund flex tune, thanks for your help. If you guys get some type of referral kickback from a reseller send me the link/code or whatever I’d be happy to use it.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Get a straight e54r tune with the flex if you can. I switched to my e54r after the last rain this week and the mid range power is very noticable. I'm sticking with it until I have to switch back to 91. Then I'll load the flex tune but for now the kick at 30000 rpm is amazing!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I think Im going to go ahead and dive into a Lund flex tune, thanks for your help. If you guys get some type of referral kickback from a reseller send me the link/code or whatever I’d be happy to use it.
Awesome man! Enjoy the new found power! And cooler running temps in the summer is an added bonus.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Get a straight e54r tune with the flex if you can. I switched to my e54r after the last rain this week and the mid range power is very noticable. I'm sticking with it until I have to switch back to 91. Then I'll load the flex tune but for now the kick at 30000 rpm is amazing!
Curious how does the tune handle if you get some of that lower grade e that you tested at a couple places ?

Flex is golden didn't know if the r would have issues.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I use a tester each time to verify content. You have a + or - 15% window so as long as I'm between about 46% and 62% e I'm good. I've been using the 48th st location and the Chevron at 99th out west because they both have tested 50-50% everytime. If your not up to test a sample everytime then flex is the way to go. The timing comes in really early on the r tune. 3000- 5000 rpm is totally different now.
Sponsored