zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
It's still reasonably cool early so if you dyno first thing could still find some good air. Supposed to cool down over the next few days too. I think the 1st appt BMR will usually do is about 9am so would be worth a call to see if they have any of those time slots in the coming days.
Yeah I’m probably going to start making calls tomorrow to get some scheduling timeframes.
Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Nice. The blower tune is conservative for good reason but when ready to make the leap you'll definitely get more out of a custom.
For sure. I remember a few years back tuning my 95 GT with the KB on the Quarterhorse and EEC editor. How the times have changed...

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
For sure. I remember a few years back tuning my 95 GT with the KB on the Quarterhorse and EEC editor. How the times have changed...
Did you ever get to BMR? (Or any other speed shop?)
I need to get in there for my half shafts but thinking of adding a ported OEM mani too so may do both at once.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Hey guys,
I'm toying with getting an E85 tune and keeping a 55g drum in my garage. Curious if you can tell me approximately how many miles you get to a tank of fuel? I'm averaging around 19mpg according to the dash calculation which is probably way off. I realize any time spent in boost is going to drastically reduce range but I'm looking for a baseline. Any help is appreciated!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys,
I'm toying with getting an E85 tune and keeping a 55g drum in my garage. Curious if you can tell me approximately how many miles you get to a tank of fuel? I'm averaging around 19mpg according to the dash calculation which is probably way off. I realize any time spent in boost is going to drastically reduce range but I'm looking for a baseline. Any help is appreciated!
Hey Chris are you talking real e85 or our AZ FF? On our blend I get about 14.9 / gallon (last I checked but will look again) driving pretty not conservatively. Fun street and definitely pulls onto the freeway to and from work. If you are talking real e I would guess down closer to the 10-11 range. On a full tank it will typically say 220-240 miles but drops at above normal rate compared to 91. I will say on my tank of 91 every 3 months that thing seems to last forever probably more in the 18-20 range. Are you doing the e for fun or the alky not going the way you want or just for the hell of it lol?

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I'm still using the Alky, but E sounds like a lot of fun with a lot of forgiveness in the tune. Also heard the car literally runs cooler in the Summer on E? Is that true? I'm talking about our AZ FF (E54 I think?). I may be switching tuners and they aren't fans of meth injection at all. Not that pumped to switch because it will require a fuel system (Fore, etc). Really just thinking out loud at this point but figured I'd ask the local guys since that's the fuel I'll likely be stuck with unless I blend my own.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm still using the Alky, but E sounds like a lot of fun with a lot of forgiveness in the tune. Also heard the car literally runs cooler in the Summer on E? Is that true? I'm talking about our AZ FF (E54 I think?). I may be switching tuners and they aren't fans of meth injection at all. Not that pumped to switch because it will require a fuel system (Fore, etc). Really just thinking out loud at this point but figured I'd ask the local guys since that's the fuel I'll likely be stuck with unless I blend my own.
Got it. True it runs cooler even in our summer heat. Who you considering switching to? Will they tune fi for flex or would it be a straight e54 tune? I think with upgraded fuel system and ff itll be a real kick in the pants even over your current setup.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get to BMR? (Or any other speed shop?)
I need to get in there for my half shafts but thinking of adding a ported OEM mani too so may do both at once.
I ended up going to Xact in Tempe because I’ve found the hydraulic dynos to be more accurate than rollers, and he was able to accommodate my schedule. Put down 635hp 560tq to the wheels, approximately 750hp at the flywheel on a conservative tune with 10psi. Operator let off at 6300 rpm thinking redline was 6500, and after that it was heatsoak city, so couldn’t really do much better on the limited time I had. She was still pulling though so there’s a bit more left in her on the current configuration.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Did they say why they don’t like meth injection?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I'm getting 250 miles to a tank on our e. I was getting 300 on 91 before switching. Car is showing between 17- 18 mpg but when I calculate at the pump it sits between 15-16 on e. I average 40/60 city highway miles. Highway I cruise around 80-85 and don't get on it crazy but i smash pretty hard repeatedly during my city driving lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm getting 250 miles to a tank on our e. I was getting 300 on 91 before switching. Car is showing between 17- 18 mpg but when I calculate at the pump it sits between 15-16 on e. I average 40/60 city highway miles. Highway I cruise around 80-85 and don't get on it crazy but i smash pretty hard repeatedly during my city driving lol.
That's actually pretty decent imo in terms on mpg of ff.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Did they say why they don’t like meth injection?
Just that it was potentially unreliable. They really want me to go E, but it's really a tough proposition here in Phoenix due to the number of stations and low ethanol content. I haven't made my mind up yet, but pondering. Thanks to everyone for the input!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Checked tonight and shes up to 15.2 mpg. As spirited as I have been driving I'll take it on ff :)

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I've made some interesting observations the last few days. I was running my e54r tune exclusively for the last few weeks and only gassing up at 48th and Broadway or 91st and olive. Both have always tested between 51 and 53% so the consistency has been nice. I just switched back to my flex fuel tune to prepare for a road trip this weekend with the wife. After dialing in the e content I started getting on it and in some situations it feels faster on the flex tune. I think it's just a combination of better traction down low and the rubberband feeling as the timing ramps up as the rpms increase but it was interesting. If I smash it from a roll in second gear I can definitely tell it doesn't accelerate as quick as the straight e tune. The e54r tune is giving me 30° of timing just after 3000rpm and doesn't drop at all through the rpm range. After my trip I think I'll need to set up some dyno time to see what the actual hp difference is through the power band. I'm very curious now...

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I've made some interesting observations the last few days. I was running my e54r tune exclusively for the last few weeks and only gassing up at 48th and Broadway or 91st and olive. Both have always tested between 51 and 53% so the consistency has been nice. I just switched back to my flex fuel tune to prepare for a road trip this weekend with the wife. After dialing in the e content I started getting on it and in some situations it feels faster on the flex tune. I think it's just a combination of better traction down low and the rubberband feeling as the timing ramps up as the rpms increase but it was interesting. If I smash it from a roll in second gear I can definitely tell it doesn't accelerate as quick as the straight e tune. The e54r tune is giving me 30° of timing just after 3000rpm and doesn't drop at all through the rpm range. After my trip I think I'll need to set up some dyno time to see what the actual hp difference is through the power band. I'm very curious now...
Awesome feedback. Was curious how the e54r was treating you. As for the dyno, the peak hp should actually be about the same. The primary difference should be that low and mid range with the instant timing instead of the ramp up. The curve though will likely look a good deal different.
Sponsored