Feedback from AZ flex fuel tune members

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
So has my flex fuel tune from Lund for a week now. I love it! Dakota from Lund did my logging/ tuning and it feels great! They even gave me an e54r tune for that extra mid range kick. Both tunes feel awesome but there is an extra kick from the R tune. Lund was great and very responsive. Just finished my final data logs for them this weekend and already got confirmation everything looked good this morning....
18yote I tried the ethanol at that Valero on dysart which is actually a circle k now and only measured 40% ethanol... wtf?
I also got gas at 48th and Broadway this weekend and it measured about 54%...
Is anyone seeing better that e54 anywhere around here?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So has my flex fuel tune from Lund for a week now. I love it! Dakota from Lund did my logging/ tuning and it feels great! They even gave me an e54r tune for that extra mid range kick. Both tunes feel awesome but there is an extra kick from the R tune. Lund was great and very responsive. Just finished my final data logs for them this weekend and already got confirmation everything looked good this morning....
18yote I tried the ethanol at that Valero on dysart which is actually a circle k now and only measured 40% ethanol... wtf?
I also got gas at 48th and Broadway this weekend and it measured about 54%...
Is anyone seeing better that e54 anywhere around here?
48th st and Broadway is pretty consistent and reliable at e54 which is almost where I go exclusively now. Some others are hit and miss. Stay clear of Texaco at 7th st and Indian school. I had one member report he was seeing almost e70 from one way out east at val vista and Broadway but have not gotten out there to see. Good feedback from up on deer valley and Scottsdale road as well though I have bad luck the couple times is stopped up there they were out lol.

It's cool Lund gave you an e54r option. Hadn't realized they were offering it.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah me either. I see the guys with an e85r tunes but didn't even know it was an option for e54 until they sent my updated tunes. Its definately a little more aggressive than the flex tune but they really did a good job making the flex tune feel great. I probably wont use the e54r tune much just because of the convenience factor with our varying ethanol content but it's nice to have for a track day.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Deer Valley and Scottsdale Rd has been the only one I've filled up at, but always good luck with them having it when I have stopped by. Haven't gone as far to measure it to see what it is coming back as however. Thought all the E85 in the valley was technically sourced form the same place, so figured they'd all be essentially the same.

ComeIngotIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT PP1
I just finished reading through this thread, a lot of useful information in here so thanks for that. I’m pretty clueless as far as tunes go so forgive me if its a stupid question but how does the whole datalogging process work? If I’m completely stock will the tune work right out of the box or will I still have to do some data logging? Also is the datalogging process just WOT pulls?

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
A basic tune probably would but any type of good tuning will require logging so the tuner can get you the most out of it. If your doing a flex fuel tune you'll definitely have to log. My log consisted of 5 mins of idle, 3 rev holds, 2 slow second gear pulls from 2000 to 5000 rpm and 2 wot pulls in third gear from 2500 to 7200 rpm. I'm lucky enough to live far enough out west that getting up to 110mph for the third gear pulls was do able on wide open roads with out getting in trouble. :rockon:

ComeIngotIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT PP1
A basic tune probably would but any type of good tuning will require logging so the tuner can get you the most out of it. If your doing a flex fuel tune you'll definitely have to log. My log consisted of 5 mins of idle, 3 rev holds, 2 slow second gear pulls from 2000 to 5000 rpm and 2 wot pulls in third gear from 2500 to 7200 rpm. I'm lucky enough to live far enough out west that getting up to 110mph for the third gear pulls was do able on wide open roads with out getting in trouble. :rockon:
Thanks for the reply, I’ll have to do those WOT pulls at night or something lol. For the Gen3 guys: Any concern about being turned away if your engine needs to replaced under warranty?

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I just finished reading through this thread, a lot of useful information in here so thanks for that. I’m pretty clueless as far as tunes go so forgive me if its a stupid question but how does the whole datalogging process work? If I’m completely stock will the tune work right out of the box or will I still have to do some data logging? Also is the datalogging process just WOT pulls?
Depends on tuner. Shaun @ AED for example requires logs before even starting tuning. Then after he checks everything out sends base tune file and you relog. Some others like Lund dont require logs up front. Base logs were idle, 2k-5k in 3rd gradual ramp up, wot from 3k to 7500. Lth logs also testes cooling after.
Freeway on ramps are your friends!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Safest way for wot if you can is on the dyno.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I just hope that doesn't happen...drain the ethanol, put a little normal gas in, remove intake, flash it back to stock... pray for the best lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
As long as the tune isnt determined to be the cause theres still a good chance of warranty replacement.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I just hope that doesn't happen...drain the ethanol, put a little normal gas in, remove intake, flash it back to stock... pray for the best lol
I'm hopefully going FI later this year but going the PC route so can more easily switch back if needed since theres no permanent modification. Hell the LTH would probably be more painful to remove if needed lol.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
How come it seems the price of E85 hasn't really dropped all that much, when regular gas has? E85 and standard 91 almost look to be neck and neck.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
How come it seems the price of E85 hasn't really dropped all that much, when regular gas has? E85 and standard 91 almost look to be neck and neck.
I saw it drop to 2.49 at one point. But now it's almost always 2.59. I haven't seen 91 that low in forever though. So if you are you gotta share !!!

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Thought E85 was 2.79 the last time I filled up. I'll have to watch closer next time to confirm.
Sponsored