Sponsored

Feedback from AZ flex fuel tune members

ComeIngotIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT PP1
Get a straight e54r tune with the flex if you can. I switched to my e54r after the last rain this week and the mid range power is very noticable. I'm sticking with it until I have to switch back to 91. Then I'll load the flex tune but for now the kick at 30000 rpm is amazing!
I’d love to but I drive too much and need the flexibility of filling up anywhere when I need to. I know its not the best indicitator but have you guys compared stock vs. E85 0-60 and 0-100 times?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I use a tester each time to verify content. You have a + or - 15% window so as long as I'm between about 46% and 62% e I'm good. I've been using the 48th st location and the Chevron at 99th out west because they both have tested 50-50% everytime. If your not up to test a sample everytime then flex is the way to go. The timing comes in really early on the r tune. 3000- 5000 rpm is totally different now.
Nice. Good to know.

Ya 48th is my go to. Moved in Dec like 2 miles from there. In direct route to the office now and convenient on / off from the 143. It was down at 2.49 / gallon too for a bit there.

I have a hard time getting tires to hook now as is depending on drive mode and scenario, imagine the r would be even tougher. That should not be an issue after I get my half shafts in and switch to DR. Unfortunately looks like I'll have to go less wide since they don't make the same size in what I'm going to. Switching from Nitto 555G2 in 315 down to Nitto 555R 305 in the rear. Will get the traction I want in dry conditions and not lose it when the monsoons come in. The NT05 comes in the right size but have seen horror stories about them in the rain lol.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I’d love to but I drive too much and need the flexibility of filling up anywhere when I need to. I know its not the best indicitator but have you guys compared stock vs. E85 0-60 and 0-100 times?
In drag mode you will easily be sub 4 sec 0-60. They claim you can stock but I never saw it.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Yes traction can be a huge issue with the r tune when daily driving. Im on the stock pp1 wheels and tires. When I go out to play around though one good burn out will get them sticky enough to have some fun for a while.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yes traction can be a huge issue with the r tune when daily driving. Im on the stock pp1 wheels and tires. When I go out to play around though one good burn out will get them sticky enough to have some fun for a while.
Stoked to be able to go balls to the wall in drag mode without spin... well for now at least :)

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Early on I thought I'd need wider wheels to get on it right out the gate but after a couple weeks of playing around with it I realized a good burnout goes a long way. Even on the crappy asphalt out here I've seen some good traction. I'm scared to go to the track and hook up really good and end up snapping an axle. :frown:

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Early on I thought I'd need wider wheels to get on it right out the gate but after a couple weeks of playing around with it I realized a good burnout goes a long way. Even on the crappy asphalt out here I've seen some good traction. I'm scared to go to the track and hook up really good and end up snapping an axle. :frown:
Jump on Beefcakes tax special! I have a pair of 1400hp DSS half shafts out for delivery. Overkill for now but not if FI goes as planned. Will be able to hook on the new drag radials without the fear of snapping.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Good read from start to finish. Any recommendations for a dyno around these parts? I’m coming from down south in Maricopa, so it’ll be a commute no matter what. Curious to see what the Kenne Bell is putting down.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Good read from start to finish. Any recommendations for a dyno around these parts? I’m coming from down south in Maricopa, so it’ll be a commute no matter what. Curious to see what the Kenne Bell is putting down.
Black Market Racing. Good shop and group of guys. I get work done and dyno there. Unless you need to do a Saturday then az dyno chip but just know that one is outside so probably don't wanna do that one in the summer unless really need a wot data log or something (I speak from experience on that one was really needing that log in like mid July but he does do a cover / awning to shield the sun.)

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Also if you are tuned for e54/ff there is a consistent e54 station around the corner from BMR.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Black Market Racing. Good shop and group of guys. I get work done and dyno there. Unless you need to do a Saturday then az dyno chip but just know that one is outside so probably don't wanna do that one in the summer unless really need a wot data log or something (I speak from experience on that one was really needing that log in like mid July but he does do a cover / awning to shield the sun.
Thanks for the reply, I’ll have to check them out. Have had the KB since Thanksgiving and I’m kicking myself for not getting it done in the cooler air. I got greedy and wanted to install the KB first over the long weekend, so I was waiting for the dyno until I put in the OPG’s.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Also if you are tuned for e54/ff there is a consistent e54 station around the corner from BMR.
Good to know. Currently still running the tune from KB, but eventually I’ll be looking for a logged tune versus off the shelf. Can’t complain though, drives like stock just now with the ability to spin the tires at highway speeds.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply, I’ll have to check them out. Have had the KB since Thanksgiving and I’m kicking myself for not getting it done in the cooler air. I got greedy and wanted to install the KB first over the long weekend, so I was waiting for the dyno until I put in the OPG’s.
It's still reasonably cool early so if you dyno first thing could still find some good air. Supposed to cool down over the next few days too. I think the 1st appt BMR will usually do is about 9am so would be worth a call to see if they have any of those time slots in the coming days.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. Currently still running the tune from KB, but eventually I’ll be looking for a logged tune versus off the shelf. Can’t complain though, drives like stock just now with the ability to spin the tires at highway speeds.
Nice. The blower tune is conservative for good reason but when ready to make the leap you'll definitely get more out of a custom.
Sponsored