Sponsored

Farewell to my GT350 dreams

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
So travel back in time to before they released the 6G mustang...that's how long long I've been here. Before following the GT350 I was determined to order a new 2015 GT. Then I started hearing the rumors of a GT350...then the possible flat plane...estimated power, etc and I was determined to make a GT350 be mine the first year it was available. I started contacting dealers back in December and found one close by that put me on the list. Fast forward several months and my dealership search restarts and after 40+ calls I find a small town dealer in Oklahoma with 1 allocation who guarantees MSRP. I talk to him every week or so waiting for his allocation to come through for build expecting sometime in September until...August 5...the layoffs that I had eluded for over a year and a half by changing departments and titles and being looked out for by upper management finally catch up to me. Even if I was the find a job it's not a good market for oil and gas and it's no longer an idea I can live with in good conscious because who knows when this might happen again or if my wife got laid off too, etc.

Now today comes, the dealership calls ready for me to order and I had to turn it down...he already had another buyer lined up though I did try to offer him help.

When you spend 2+ years researching a single
Topic, gathering up necessary funds, imagine the drive in your head, checking forums with every spare moment you become really attached. I hate having this opportunity go but I must do he adult thing and turn it down...

Good luck to all of you who have ordered or will order. Enjoy the cars and the ride and do one extra victory donut or stoplight burnout for the fan who came so close to realizing his decade plus dream of owning a dream car. Maybe one day I will join you.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
;( Next time man.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
^^^^^ Im sorry to hear this......A lot of people are filling the pain of the oil industry. The Stock market was off a 1000 point last week and was crappy today in the morning...we all could be looking at a slow down....You are doing the right thing for now....My hopes to you and your, for a quick financial recovery. I am still keeping my eyes open for you.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Life has a funny way of working out in the end. I'm sure you'll get this car eventually if you want it and maybe you will get your dream job down the road. Good luck to you - the oil market has hit a lot of people hard.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I feel for you Bro! I hope that things turn around for you and you are able to land a 2017.

Sponsored

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
Bummer and good luck with your job search. Take care of your family first as there will always be another car.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
It's just a car. It's good you're being responsible.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Sorry to hear this. I'm sure you'll get back on your feet in no time and be able to buy your dream car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear you didn't lose a ton of money in the process. Good luck finding a new job.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sorry to hear, exactly the same thing happened to me back when I was planning to order a '03 Mach 1. I know the feeling.

Have no fear, there will be another, or even better, car. :cheers:

Sponsored

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Just focus on your career and finances, hopefully you will get a new job or even start your own business. There will be GT350's around for many years, you will probably get a much better deal by waiting - find a nice low mileage garage queen someone needs to unload in the future. Good luck!

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
So travel back in time to before they released the 6G mustang...that's how long long I've been here. Before following the GT350 I was determined to order a new 2015 GT. Then I started hearing the rumors of a GT350...then the possible flat plane...estimated power, etc and I was determined to make a GT350 be mine the first year it was available. I started contacting dealers back in December and found one close by that put me on the list. Fast forward several months and my dealership search restarts and after 40+ calls I find a small town dealer in Oklahoma with 1 allocation who guarantees MSRP. I talk to him every week or so waiting for his allocation to come through for build expecting sometime in September until...August 5...the layoffs that I had eluded for over a year and a half by changing departments and titles and being looked out for by upper management finally catch up to me. Even if I was the find a job it's not a good market for oil and gas and it's no longer an idea I can live with in good conscious because who knows when this might happen again or if my wife got laid off too, etc.

Now today comes, the dealership calls ready for me to order and I had to turn it down...he already had another buyer lined up though I did try to offer him help.

When you spend 2+ years researching a single
Topic, gathering up necessary funds, imagine the drive in your head, checking forums with every spare moment you become really attached. I hate having this opportunity go but I must do he adult thing and turn it down...

Good luck to all of you who have ordered or will order. Enjoy the cars and the ride and do one extra victory donut or stoplight burnout for the fan who came so close to realizing his decade plus dream of owning a dream car. Maybe one day I will join you.
understand completely...we are in the process of cutting our entire staff by fifty per cent! It is tense and there are many, many folks here who are wondering who is going to stay and who will be let go! It is sad and hard to look at someone who has given their all for an ideal knowing that their services are no longer required and their tenure is over. You are handling it well sir by doing the adult thing and turning it down. The opportunity will come again (good things really do happen to good people)

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
As others have said, it is just a car and you are doing the right thing given the circumstances. I completely understand, I had to sell my '13 Boss 302 Laguna Seca last year due to the same situation - an unplanned job loss. Now, I'm in the position to buy a GT350 so things do turn out for the best. Keep your head up and a smile on your face, this is just another slight detour on the road of life.

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
As others have said, it is just a car and you are doing the right thing given the circumstances. I completely understand, I had to sell my '13 Boss 302 Laguna Seca last year due to the same situation - an unplanned job loss. Now, I'm in the position to buy a GT350 so things do turn out for the best. Keep your head up and a smile on your face, this is just another slight detour on the road of life.
Totally my philosophy. Yknow this just means theres something better out there for you, maybe a new GT500 in the future.I am looking for a gt350 now and i will put a down payment to hold mine, but i wont go into the final stage until my wife gets a job, i could manage it now but it just wouldnt be responsible. i dont tell her this ofcourse, no need to add to the pressure.
Sponsored