Sponsored

Farewell to my GT350 dreams

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Stay strong man, it'll happen if you want it bad enough.

I just found out our entire team is taking a 10% pay cut in order to secure our contract, plus the wife and I decided we want to move back to our home town so my wallet is about to get thinned out big time.
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
It all works out eventually. In 04, I wanted a Cobra, but couldn't afford it, so I didn't buy it. Two years later I ran across an 03 in mint condition with no miles for a great deal. Same thing now. I could afford one, but I don't want to take that money away from my family now. So I'll watch others enjoy these cars and wait for my day to come. Hang in there!

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Its tough when in this position, you are doing the right thing.
Most of us have been in your shoes at one point or another in our lives.
Some will buy this car and maybe along the way be forced to sell it, for the same reasons.
You will get your car, as many have said maybe even a better price or the new GT500.
Good Luck.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Another thing: you'll always be able to find a nice clean, low-mile one in a couple of years. And at a very nice price versus new.

My '15 is the first Mustang in my sig that I've bought new, the rest were pristine low-milers that I picked up used. I may follow my old ways in 2-3 years and locate my Magnetic with blue stripes and Tech Pack GT350 after the buzz dies a bit.

Or, since my '15 is a fair weather, weekend-only toy, just mod the bejeezus out of what I have - hard to lose.

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
You're definitely doing the right thing, and think of how this could have been if you lost your job after purchasing the vehicle.

You'll rebound, a MY will pass and you'll get to see what issues others have with it (if any), and likely be in a much better position to make that decision. Not the most exciting answer, I know, but a positive one nonetheless :)

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I hear ya man... kinda like my dreams of being happily married. wanted the total hottie blond blue eyed sex machine... wound up with a fat Hispanic brown eyed dead inside woman for the last 26 years... god I hate my life... but I love my GT.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Here ya on the oilfield drama. Got out of the field personally, just recently. Will never go back. Way too much up and down. If you're not overly invested in the field I'd definitely start looking into a different line of work. Just be glad it happened when it did and not after you had bought the car.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
I hear ya man... kinda like my dreams of being happily married. wanted the total hottie blond blue eyed sex machine... wound up with a fat Hispanic brown eyed dead inside woman for the last 26 years... god I hate my life... but I love my GT.
WOW :eyebulge:

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That really sucks.
Good luck going forward and getting a new job. The car can wait. There's always something awesome coming out year after year. Good luck! :thumbsup:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

Hmmm sorry, I got the hot blue eyed blond, in wicked shape and loves sex.
And to make it worse, when I said I was buying this car, she smiled and said ok.
:D

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
So travel back in time to before they released the 6G mustang...that's how long long I've been here. Before following the GT350 I was determined to order a new 2015 GT. Then I started hearing the rumors of a GT350...then the possible flat plane...estimated power, etc and I was determined to make a GT350 be mine the first year it was available. I started contacting dealers back in December and found one close by that put me on the list. Fast forward several months and my dealership search restarts and after 40+ calls I find a small town dealer in Oklahoma with 1 allocation who guarantees MSRP. I talk to him every week or so waiting for his allocation to come through for build expecting sometime in September until...August 5...the layoffs that I had eluded for over a year and a half by changing departments and titles and being looked out for by upper management finally catch up to me. Even if I was the find a job it's not a good market for oil and gas and it's no longer an idea I can live with in good conscious because who knows when this might happen again or if my wife got laid off too, etc.

Now today comes, the dealership calls ready for me to order and I had to turn it down...he already had another buyer lined up though I did try to offer him help.

When you spend 2+ years researching a single
Topic, gathering up necessary funds, imagine the drive in your head, checking forums with every spare moment you become really attached. I hate having this opportunity go but I must do he adult thing and turn it down...

Good luck to all of you who have ordered or will order. Enjoy the cars and the ride and do one extra victory donut or stoplight burnout for the fan who came so close to realizing his decade plus dream of owning a dream car. Maybe one day I will join you.
this hits close to home. I know that these cars are great and it's amazing to own one, but lets take a step back and remember that these cars are only a piece of metal built by man, I know that won't make it better but don't give up your dream! I wish you the best, someone who works hard should never have to feel the effects of a situation like this. Good luck to you and godspeed, but don't forget, what may not happen now, may happen soon enough!

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
Sorry to hear about the layoff, tough situation to be in. One door closes and another one will open, I am sure you will get a gt350 down the road or something better.

Good luck with the job search.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Keep your head up brother.

You are doing the right and responsible thing, no questions asked.

there is something much better down the horizon, I'm absolutely sure
Sponsored