Sponsored

Farewell to my GT350 dreams

kd4gij

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 mustang gt vista blue
I am in a similar boat but my layoff came a little earlier. But at my age the 06 gt will have to last.
Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The time will come and it'll be a blast. Much better to not saddle yourself when you can't easily pay for it right now.

scungilio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
All to familiar scenario my friend. Sorry to hear. This is one of many reasons why there are really not all that many toys costing over $50,000 sold in this country. There is a profound shortage of disposable income and job security. There will be many of us here in the enthusiast community quite surprised at how rapidly the market for the GT350 saturates for this and many other reasons.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Why give up the journey?

So travel back in time to before they released the 6G mustang...that's how long long I've been here. Before following the GT350 I was determined to order a new 2015 GT. Then I started hearing the rumors of a GT350...then the possible flat plane...estimated power, etc and I was determined to make a GT350 be mine the first year it was available. I started contacting dealers back in December and found one close by that put me on the list. Fast forward several months and my dealership search restarts and after 40+ calls I find a small town dealer in Oklahoma with 1 allocation who guarantees MSRP. I talk to him every week or so waiting for his allocation to come through for build expecting sometime in September until...August 5...the layoffs that I had eluded for over a year and a half by changing departments and titles and being looked out for by upper management finally catch up to me. Even if I was the find a job it's not a good market for oil and gas and it's no longer an idea I can live with in good conscious because who knows when this might happen again or if my wife got laid off too, etc.

Now today comes, the dealership calls ready for me to order and I had to turn it down...he already had another buyer lined up though I did try to offer him help.

When you spend 2+ years researching a single
Topic, gathering up necessary funds, imagine the drive in your head, checking forums with every spare moment you become really attached. I hate having this opportunity go but I must do he adult thing and turn it down...

Good luck to all of you who have ordered or will order. Enjoy the cars and the ride and do one extra victory donut or stoplight burnout for the fan who came so close to realizing his decade plus dream of owning a dream car. Maybe one day I will join you.
Back order, If you really want the car why give up so easily. The GT350 is a massed produced machine ..so what you wont be one the first enthusiasts with one.. but these will be around a long time and as soon as the next big thing Shelby Killer and the like come out we all will wish and drool... Bottom line ....T.D Jakes said it the best ....."Don't be afraid to reinvent yourself. "

If at all possible try a new industry...step out on faith and dont give up... we all have to finish strong .. After driving a 2007 GT/CS with a bent frame for 8 years and a 1996 Dodge Ram for a few years before that and putting together sometimes 3 or 4 hustles or side jobs .. I found a new career and got back on track.. I went to school for a law profession but now I sell stuff to people ,,,everyday.Its fulfilling and career changing..It was possible for me to change my career, move and downsize and consolidate.

I dont want to sound preachy so I am going to end here ... bottom line ..set a new goal to get thet GT350 in 2 or 3 years ..5 years ....stick to it like you have been sticking around here... dont give up!

You are in my prayers..... but lets use some of our given will to make this thing to happen.
Sponsored